R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RIP MJ You were a music GOD!

What a dam sad day it was yesterday! I loved his music from the day I could remember (probably 4 or 5 years old because MJ was sooo huge in my country back in the 80's!). What might have become of him if he lived to have a comeback? Perhaps he would have wowed the world one more time and proved all the critics wrong. What a sad life he lived! Even to the end he didn't even make it to his dream of a comeback :sad: What is even more sad then all of this is that there are people including some of my friends who are happy he is dead and are making jokes. Have some fucking taste people if you didn't like him keep it to yourself and let everyone else mourn the loss of a music legend! Either way RIP MJ!!!

i watched an mj interview today on youtube, in which michael admitted that he was just learning to relate to people, to make friends. i think he was about 24 at the time.

r.i.p.

My mom was watching the Dateline special on NBC earlier, and she said that Michael's tour director (I think that's who she said he was) said they recorded all of his rehearsals for the tour, and they were so good they may be able to put together a DVD out of them. That would kick a million different kinds of ass.:drool:

I hope wherever he is tonight, he's restored to health, happy, and has his original face back.

God yes. He was such an adorable little boy. I wish the Pepsi fire had never happened because he seemed to use that incident as an excuse to get his first nose job. You were great the way you were, Mike. :sad:

I went to the movie theater and saw these 16-year-old thuggies all decked out in their car, driving around with the windows down blasting MJ's music.

Check out some of the tributes from all over the world:
6gwk93.jpg

China

2u46107.jpg

Bulgaria

flc1e8.jpg

Manila

n5kn4z.jpg

Paris

107uqag.jpg

Warsaw

16m5zjt.jpg

Mexico

156wtox.jpg

Russia

5bv7g5.jpg

India

And a very special subway party in NYC. Check out the guys who walk in, give a laugh and immediately join in the festivities. You'll be hard pressed to find someone who didn't like a single Jackson song:
YouTube - Party in the NYC's train in memory of Michael Jackson - 1

Holy crap, that blog by Lisa Marie.

Rage on ABC TV in Australia played all his early vids this morning and i was grooving in my kitchen eating brekkie and dancing to Don't stop. What struck me about those early Jackson 5 vids and the early MJ solo vids is how he smiled so much! Really big happy grins. He never ever smiled again like that, in public anyway, after about Bad. God how I missed that!

I am very sad to hear that Michael Jackson died yesterday.:sad:

He was my first crush when I was 9. It was the first time we had a VCR and we rented Moonwalker from our local off licence. Not only did I think he was handsome but I thought he was an amazing dancer. Watch that video for Smooth Criminal and you can see how many contemparies copy his moves nowadays. I got 2 newspapers because my mum always likes to collect newspapers of important news stories. I got the Sun and the Independent. I hate the Sun in all honesty. When he was acquited of those charges a few years ago they still had to hound him. I know they are a bunch of hippocrites but I got it because it has a story about how the police think he died. He was only 50, that is nothing nowadays and it can't just be the stress of those 50 dates in London. Look at Mick Jagger and he's old enough to be his dad. They reckon he had been taken a strong cocktail of painkillers for many years. Plus all those unnecessary surgery he had on his face puts a strain on your heart. Isn't that what they reckon Kanye West's mum died of last year, a heart attack brought on by a series of major operations? It's nice to see Lisa Marie say such kind things about him. My mum told me yesterday morning at 9am and I couldn't go back to sleep.

Oh and yesterday I switched over to watch Wimbledon and when I saw Sue Barker and John MacInroe talking at first I thought they were discussing a player but no, it was Michael. Latter that evening they even mentioned his death on EastEnders which is shot 6 weeks in advance. They must of dropped that in earlier that day and slotted it into that episode. Also In EastEnders they had one of his songs playing in the background in the pub. This could have also been dropped in. This is my feeling of what should have been done with Live8, they could've dropped Michael in via sattelite as he was acquited a few weeks earlier.

RIP, my beloved Michael. You were a part of my life before I was even born...I will always remember my mother telling me the story of how she watched you moonwalk for the first time on Motown 25, and I, who was growing in her belly, kicked. You will forever be a part of my life, and I will miss you always. I love you Michael. :heart:

:sad::sad:

I hope wherever he is tonight, he's restored to health, happy, and has his original face back.

Same here, and neither one of us is making fun of Michael.

I remember reading, quite awhile ago, that someone made a nasty comment about Michael's skin (acne) when he was in his late teens and it really hurt him.

God yes. He was such an adorable little boy. I wish the Pepsi fire had never happened because he seemed to use that incident as an excuse to get his first nose job. You were great the way you were, Mike. :sad:

Not like it matters now, but just to clarify, Michael got his first nose job BEFORE the Pepsi incident. All you need to do is check the album covers of Off the Wall and Thriller for reference. Thriller came out in 1982. The Pepsi incident occurred in 1984 I believe.

I'm sure U2 will acknowledge Michael at some point. A number of U2 songs could be dedicated to Michael.

I think so too. They will probably pick one song and play it, in Michael's memory.

Thanks again to the member who started this thread. It is so nice to chat with mature people.

Not like it matters now, but just to clarify, Michael got his first nose job BEFORE the Pepsi incident. All you need to do is check the album covers of Off the Wall and Thriller for reference. Thriller came out in 1982. The Pepsi incident occurred in 1984 I believe.

I think you are right. Michael had suffered through years of child hood abuse. At the hands of his own father. Beatings and Lord knows, what sort of mental abuse. Perhaps, he was told he was ugly and other horrible things. So sad, it makes me cry, that anyone could abuse a child. I am a mother and grand mother. I could never say anything ugly to those I love most in this world. Let alone, beat them. There are much better ways to teach children about safety and respect without destroying them.

:hmm: I can't remember where I heard that. It might have been the Bashir interview, so who knows how accurate that is. Maybe I just misunderstood and had a surgery after the Pepsi incident as well, only not just the "first."

I've read that the his kids want to stay with their grandmother. It's for the best, especially since his mom no longer lives with Joe Jackson. Keep him the hell away from those children.

I've read that the his kids want to stay with their grandmother. It's for the best, especially since his mom no longer lives with Joe Jackson. Keep him the hell away from those children.

No freakin way. If she's going to try to raise them as JWs, FUCK THAT. She shunned her own fucking son when he was disfellowshipped. A good part of his mental illness was a direct result of that woman and the mindfuck that alot of JW children get growing up. I'm not talking out of my ass, either, I know this intimately. Fuck that X 100000. :down:

She can't be as bad as Joe Jackson. If they want to stay with her, then they must have spent a lot of time with her while MJ was around. Perhaps she's not like that anymore? I don't know. I just want to know the bare minimum about the kids at this point. He tried really hard to keep them away from the spotlight. As long as Joe is at least 100 yards away, I'm cool with that.

I have to say that I heard "Gone Too Soon" on the radio last night and was thoroughly creeped out. I had never heard it before. :uhoh:

Perhaps, their mother's should raise them. I would question, "granny" having custody. Since, she did not stop the abuse to her own children. Plus, the mothers live a fairly normal life. I think, this would help the children to do so, too.

Personally, I would choose MJ's mother to take care of the kids (She is the grandma, right?). People change and if you think that she would be the same as when she raised the rest of the Jackson kids, I would be very skeptical.
For all we know, Joe was the negative factor in the upbringing of this family.
And the other option is to have this person to have the kids;
debbie_rowe_michael_jacksons_ex_wife.jpg

.......when she already gave them away once?

No thanks.

It's not her, personally, although everyone has to choose. She could simply be as sincerely deluded as my mother, for all I know. Do some research into what Michael's life was like as a JW. We knew because we were JWs and guess what we were told? "Michael's a bad witness and even if he doesn't get technically disfellowshipped, he'll likely die at Armageddon anyways. No no, you can't listen to his music". Ask former JWs who grew up in it what their childhood was like. Here's a good example:

"Imagine being a Teenage superstar....AND a Jehovah's Witness??? Poor guy must have suffered a worst mind f#ck then any of us. Teenage Girls worshiped him, but I doubt he ever had one. His mothers voice "Now Michael stay away from worldly girls...you'll get AIDS and Jehovah will destroy you at Armagedon...". "Become a pioneer, forget music". "If you don't go door to door this week, you'll get 'marked'". "That's a worldly haircut". "That tie is too skinny/wide/bright/whatever". "Your pants are too tapered". "Wear a mask when you go door to door so as not to detract from God's glory as a superstar". "No you can't play on the school team, be in the drama club, go to your classmates house, watch that show on TV, listen to that worldly music" (etc etc on it goes)"

And that's just the stuff that I know about for sure.

That in itself represents a seriously stunted if not completely repressed childhood. Couple that with his fathers abuse and the stardom thing and it's a miracle he hadn't killed himself before the age of 30. People always focus on Joe and what he did but the real tragedy is that Michael likely ran to his mother for shelter, and her type of shelter was being controlled by the worst possible mindfucks ever. Oh, and guess what? Many JWs believe in 'spankings' (really, just beatings masked as loving correction..belts, wooden spoons, sticks, whatever's handy). Even if not practiced by all, it is officially condoned/encouraged..oh, sorry clarification: "in loving correction" :lol: So his father beats him, and his mothers religion condones it. Great.

I'm likely going to have to stop posting about this now. I tried not to say anything but it's a bit too close to home for me.

:angry:

Personally, I would choose MJ's mother to take care of the kids (She is the grandma, right?). People change and if you think that she would be the same as when she raised the rest of the Jackson kids, I would be very skeptical.

No thanks.

I'm sorry Carlos, you have no idea. It won't be his mom, necessarily, but if she tries to bring them to meetings the 'shepherdly ones' will get their hooks in them - they love to do this with 'fatherless boys' at the age Michael's kids are, and then it won't matter how changed or nice a person she is now.

Those kids would be better off in protective care or with Jermaine's family or something.

No thanks.

Twice. And she didn't give them away, she essentially sold them. The first time, she and Jackson got married and had those two kids, and she agreed to sign away her parental rights in exchange for a sum of money when they divorced. After, some judge said that that wasn't legal, and forced her parental rights to be re-instated. Later on, she made the same kind of deal with Michael again, to sign her parental rights away for money. She doesn't have parental rights as of now. This is what was said on TV yesterday, anyway.

Sorry if I went off for a bit there. I think that's why this is hitting me the way it is because it's a tragedy affected greatly by an aspect that isn't reported on in the media too much and likely won't/can't be really understood by most here.

Back
Top Bottom