R.I.P. Michael Jackson - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Does anyone else find this oddly compelling?

These are PRISON inmates that had a couple days to put this together. I find it odd, yet intriguing...
Yes. They've been dancing for awhile now as part of their rehab. It's really amazing. Here's their Thriller video from a couple of years ago:

YouTube - "Thriller" (original upload)

Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:49 PM
When I was growing up, my mom loved Michael Jackson. It seems like I've always known the words to his songs. One of my clearest memories from childhood is my mom talking about what a cute little boy Michael had been and how mean his father was. She felt sorry for him. It's crazy how that memory has stuck with me. Lisa Marie's blog made my heart break for him all over again.

Michael Jackson's music was part of the soundtrack of my childhood. Like many others in this thread, I feel that loss. As my college friends get married, Man in the Mirror is played at each and every one of their receptions. It's just one of our songs. The dance floor clears out and there we are, all 13 of us, singing Man in the Mirror at the top of our lungs. haha. One of us is getting married next month and the email went out on Thursday night, "How will we get through this song without crying??" I don't know if I'll cry but next time it's played, I don't think everyone will leave the dance floor.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
U2 can only wish to be as popular as Micheal Jackson, dispite all your flaws Mr Jackson youre music will live on forever and you did a lot of great things for humanity. I think you are definatly the greatest true pop star ever.
That kind of popularity killed Michael.

The medicines were the last to kill him, but I believe the heartbreak and what psychologically happend to him was the major reason why he died.

He's been dead since the previous court cases with people blaming and calling him things that weren't true. THAT killed him inside. All it took were a few more medicines to end his life.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #139
Refugee

Local Time: 10:49 PM
Who´s bad ?

Not you, Michael, not you !

Your bright star will shine forever in my heart dear Michael
Old 06-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #140
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 08:49 PM
I was waffling as to whether or not to post this here or the other thread...and let me just state for the record that, save some really rare live stuff that I didn't even know existed, I own all this stuff on either vinyl, cassette, CD, or all of the above lol..

..but if you want to compile it all electronically for your personal listening party... go on your torrenting site of choice, some kind souls have put together "complete" packages of MJs entire life, both audio and video, live performances etc in very good quality. search on michael jackson complete..the audio is 5GB+ and the video 4GB+, or vice versa..

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Never mind. Didn't think that link was appropriate for this thread.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #142
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:49 AM
As I was saying earlier. MJ has now begun the onslaught on the British Charts

Michael Jackson has topped the UK album chart and made six new entries in the singles top 40, six years after his last number one.

Greatest hits album Number Ones rocketed from 121 to the top spot after a surge in sales since the superstar's death on Thursday.

The same album earned Jackson his last number one when first released in 2003.

Four of his other hit albums also made a reappearance in the top 20, the Official Charts Company said.

Thriller, still the biggest-selling album of all time, raced from 179 to number seven, King of Pop reached 14, Off The Wall got to 17 and The Essential Michael Jackson came in at number 20.

A total of 11 Michael Jackson or Jackson Five albums featured in the top 200.

In the singles chart, 43 out of the top 200 singles feature the singer, with Jackson hits accounting for all but one of the new entries in the top 40.

Overall, Michael Jackson accounted for over 300,000 record sales across singles and albums in just two days this week.

From here BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Michael Jackson tops album chart

I know from the news earlier that HMV in London does not have a single MJ record left in the shop, all sold out
Old 06-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #143
ONE
love, blood, life

Same here. Every store around me is completely sold out of MJ. I saw one copy of Michael Jackson 1's. in Wal-Mart, but I'm sure even that is gone now.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post
He was way past being in debt, but his wealth will rocket now and those kids will be the heirs to a multi million pound legacy mark my words!.

I would say within 6 months, most debts will be cleared and the money will start ramping up into profit. Then we will see the vultures circle! Or should I say circle AGAIN! It was because of Jacko's blind indifference to the value of money and the fact he trusted pond life that his money got the way it did.
Sorry, but I don't see any of Michael's debts being cleared within 6 years let alone 6 months. It might take 6 months though to figure out how deep Michael was in debt.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #145
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Sorry, but I don't see any of Michael's debts being cleared within 6 years let alone 6 months. It might take 6 months though to figure out how deep Michael was in debt.
The way his music is shifting off the shelves at the moment, there will be far more coming in than there will be going out that's for sure!

Besides, he MAY be in debt, BUT there are assets that are watertight that cannot be touched by the administrators of his estate, watch it pan out!!
Old 06-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #146
Ghost of Love

Wow....that anthology I posted about earlier also includes all of the Jackson 5, The Jacksons, and Michael's work - from 1968 onward. Also some interviews, live concerts and early demos. After eliminating duplicates, I've got a playlist of 378 songs. Put it on shuffle....man I had forgotten about some of these oldies, really great stuff.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well, I hope for his kids' sake, that the spike in sales helps them in some way.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:49 PM
If anybody cares I just found out the BET Awards are tonight and they are doing a tribute Michael. I bet it will be moving. (Source: CNN, Don Lemon on Twitter from the red carpet right now in LA)
Old 06-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

You know, it's funny...while I grew up in the 80s right in the middle of MJ's peak I was never really an MJ guy. I listened to mostly alternative/college radio type stuff, occasional non-hair metal...but I avoided pop like the plague. But the other day when MTV and BET were showing Michael's videos all day long my wife was watching, and damned if I didn't know nearly every word. King of Pop is right...regardless of how he ended up that guy gave us some incredibly catchy pop music.

It reminds me a little of when Dale Earnhardt died. Not that MJ and Dale have a lot in common...but I remember hearing a quote from another driver when he'd heard, saying "that's Superman, Superman's not supposed to die". And that's how it is with Michael...he's Captain EO, the Moonwalker...he can't die. I mean, obviously everybody dies, but despite the way things seemed to spiral downward for him he was still Michael Jackson, larger than life. I'm not even a fan and I'm still a bit shocked by it, I can't imagine how his diehard fans must be feeling.

Quote:
Wow....that anthology I posted about earlier also includes all of the Jackson 5, The Jacksons, and Michael's work - from 1968 onward. Also some interviews, live concerts and early demos. After eliminating duplicates, I've got a playlist of 378 songs. Put it on shuffle....man I had forgotten about some of these oldies, really great stuff.
Yes the torrent sites are full of Michael. I know there are some nice proshot concert DVD's out there but as I understand it the MJ community is not very torrent-friendly; hopefully some of these shows will get out into circulation now.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannieco View Post
If anybody cares I just found out the BET Awards are tonight and they are doing a tribute Michael. I bet it will be moving. (Source: CNN, Don Lemon on Twitter from the red carpet right now in LA)
I think Jamie Foxx is hosting that? He will do a nice job I imagine.

Tags
michael jackson