R.I.P. Ken Ober

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sad: Well, shit... 2009 takes another one. Man, did I love 'Remote Control' back in the day. Godspeed to you, Ken. :heart:

Holy crap :( RIP

I also really liked Remote Control. Kari shows up in random movies sometimes, which always amuses me.

Did you have Swatch Guards for it? I sure did...but one was lame, you needed a couple, so you could braid them.

I had about five different Swatches in the 80's and 90's, but this Salvador Dali-esque one was definitely my favorite:

Eclipsesswatchwatch_thmJPG.jpg

Jelly%20Fish%20Swatch%20%20221_thm.JPG

My Jelly Fish Swatch! O, thou didst bestow upon me a lofty assurance that I was, indeed, thy shit and I didst truly love thee. :heart: :lmao:

(I have no idea why I was channelling (poorly!) Shakespeare there. Must be the high school English memories brought on by my Swatch reminiscing. :shrug:)

/real end of thread derail

I remember Remote Control, we used to watch it all the time. I wanted one of those cool recliner chairs on wheels that they had on that show! Does anyone happen to have any details about his cause of death? RIP Ken Ober.

Last I'd heard, Carek, he'd complained of "headache and flu-like syptoms" earlier in the weekend. I don't think there's been an official announcement, though.

Wow, missed this news while on vacation. Used to love Remote Control (I liked the original hostess, Marisol Massey more than Kari), and lets not forget the show introduced us to Adam Sandler who played Colin's delinquent cousin if I recall.

RIP Ken.

Back
Top Bottom