Pushing Daisies... what ya all think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
just watched this new show.. Kinda I like it. Quirky but I certainly like the writing and characters on the show..

Gonna catch some more episodes here I think..

love the name of his restaurant.. "The Pie Hole" :lol:

I am trying to watch but am afraid it's not holding my undivided attention. The Pie Hole is hysterical, I love that. Don't know if this show will make it for a season. But hey, I'm trying!! :wink:

It's a good show, but I couldn't sit and follow it for more than 20 minutes. It started to annoy me and I felt fidgety. Mostly, I felt like it was designed to be a movie, and can't imagine watching it week in and week out. Interesting concept, I'm just not sure it works in this medium.

anitram said:
Mostly, I felt like it was designed to be a movie,

I kept having that feeling as well...

It was.... weird. I dunno; I didn't dislike it but I wasn't crazy about it either. It seemed a little too quirky for it's own good if you ask me...

I'll watch a few more episodes though, next week looks like it could have more humor at least...

I liked it! I thought the way it was shot...lighting, etc, was really different and interesting....i will watch again1:wink:

anitram said:
It's a good show, but I couldn't sit and follow it for more than 20 minutes. It started to annoy me and I felt fidgety. Mostly, I felt like it was designed to be a movie, and can't imagine watching it week in and week out. Interesting concept, I'm just not sure it works in this medium.

Ditto. I had the same problem. I watched the first half and then flipped the channel. It does feel like more movie-esque material.. but I enjoyed it. It reminded me a bit of Dead Like Me with the quirky humour and whatnot.

I'm curious to see where they'll take this :hmm:

Daddysgonnapay said:
I liked it! I thought the way it was shot...lighting, etc, was really different and interesting....i will watch again1:wink:

good for you

the production values are outstanding

so much care and thought has been put into this

yes, the look and feel is like a movie

that is a very high standard for TV

if you are watching this on an Ipod or small comp screen

than you are missing the reason this was created

there is enough stuff geared towards youtube attention spans

I look forward to more viewings :up:

Oh, I loved it. One of the most well produced shows I've ever laid eyes on, for starters, and, I love the concept and embrace a much needed dose of the quirk on network TV. I'm very much in.

I couldn't decide 100% if I liked it. I thought it was interesting, and it kept me watching. Maybe the real thing that kept me interested was Jim Dale's voiceovers....he's the guy who does Harry Potter audiobooks & dvds. His voice just kept me glued. :wink:

My wife liked it a lot, so it'll probably make its way into our rotation.....even though we keep trying to whittle down our rotation...:wink:

I enjoyed this again last night...have to say this is the only show on the new fall schedule that had me back again 2 weeks in a row...and I will be watching again next week too! I am reminded a bit of Edward Scissorhands or Willie Wonka (Johnny Depp's) while watching..mybe it is the narrator?

Halloween episode is on right now. :up: so far.

Although you could make a case that this show has a Halloween mood every episode. :wink:

Love the quirkiness and the high-quality sets, costumes, and color photography. Broadcast TV needs more quirky shows -- and more shows with such wonderful production values.

Last edited:
I still need to catch up on the last few episodes. I saw the first one and haven't been able to see the others yet. I'll go to the ABC website and check 'em out sometime these next couple of days.

I love what I saw, though-I'm a sucker for the whole Tim Burton-esque vibe that some shows and movies have. And I like the narrator, gives the whole thing a storybook sort of feeling.

Angela

Oh I just love it. I haven't been able to get into TV shows for a long time but this roped me in first episode. Just somthin about it.
Someone said it reminded them of Dead Like Me... that would be because it's the same creator or something. :wink:

...I'm still pissed that Dead Like Me was cancelled. -_-

Last edited:
I just caught up with the episodes last night, all except for the most recent, I think. This show is so visually stunning that I think I'd watch it with the sound muted, even if I didn't like the plot. :up:

I agree with the Burton comparisons.

Actually peeps, NOT Tim Burton, but rather Barry Sonnenfeld. He's the Executive Producer and director. And I think it feels very much like his work (Addams Family I & II, Men In Black I & II) more than Tim Burton.

Oh, and yes, I love this show!

I am liking this show.. love the quirkiness of the characters...I like Chi McBride (remember him from Night Court) I think he is pretty funny on this show.. And yes, the visuals on this show are amazing!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I loved it. It feels like a Tim Burton movie :drool:

It just started here tonight and we thought it seemed like a Tim Burton film too. I've read a lot about it so wasn't sure if it would be up to much. We all loved it. Defo going to try and see it again next week. :up:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I have one more episode on my tivo to watch.

I hope it makes it back next season.

The critics liked it, but the ratings were only so so.

I was reading an interview with Anna Friel yesterday and she has a 6.5 year contract so I can only assume it means there will be more than one series. :shrug:

It really reminded me of Amelie. :drool:

I loved the first episode here in the UK last night, shame ITV are skipping straight to episode 3 next saturday.

Back
Top Bottom