Prometheus - Spoiler filled discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A friend posted that on FB the other day and I still can't get over the fact that people still use LiveJournal.

My favourite nerd moment from The Social Network was when he was blogging on that at the start, so 2002.

I think that guy's synopsis is a little flawed. Is he implying that we don't know how or why the Engineers were all dead?

"We never see the threat that the Engineers were fleeing from, we never see them killed other than accidentally (decapitation by door), and we see no remaining trace of whatever killed them. Either it left a long time ago, or it reverted to inert black slime, waiting for a human mind to reactivate it."

No. the xenomorphs killed them. They came from the black goo. But after existing on a planet for long enough with no other food sources, the xenomorphs died out too, leaving only the rest of the dormant black slime bioweapon.

I think that guy's synopsis is a little flawed. Is he implying that we don't know how or why the Engineers were all dead?

No. the xenomorphs killed them. They came from the black goo. But after existing on a planet for long enough with no other food sources, the xenomorphs died out too, leaving only the rest of the dormant black slime bioweapon.

They don't show what killed the engineers. Only that the black goo was out of its jars.

The engineers were running from something, then one gets his head cut off by the door.

Why were they running? What were they running from? Was it from the black goo? Didn't they use the black goo to create life? Did one of their bio weapons get out? Was it the black goo or something else? Why does the black goo turn into a weapon once homo sapiens are in the vicinity? Why do they want to kill us?

prometheus_chart.jpg

They don't show what killed the engineers. Only that the black goo was out of its jars.
They had busted open chests. It was hinted at very heavily what killed them. Chest busters/xenomorphs
The engineers were running from something, then one gets his head cut off by the door.
Either a xenomorph or an infected engineer

Why were they running? What were they running from? Was it from the black goo?
See above. The black goo creates a mutant/zombie who then implants the seed into a host. They were either running from a crazed, infected Engineer or a fully developed xenomorph
Didn't they use the black goo to create life?
No, the liquid at the beginning of the movie is different than the black goo
Did one of their bio weapons get out? Was it the black goo or something else?
yes, the bio weapons did get out. Yes the weapon is the black goo, but the final stage of the bioweapon is the xenomorphs. The black goo is the catalyst to get that lifecycle started
Why does the black goo turn into a weapon once homo sapiens are in the vicinity?
The black goo was always a weapon and affects the Engineers the same way it affects homo sapiens. The severed head was in the initial stages of infection/zombification when it was killed and the infection continued to take hold when the head was reanimated. That whole scene is a foreshadowing of what the goo will eventually do to the humans.
Why do they want to kill us?
Nobody really knows, but it was hinted at through the movie that it was something that happened around 2000 years prior and Ridley Scott has said there was an idea that perhaps Jesus was sent by the Engineers and they're pissed we killed him... No sure how I feel about that, but I'm glad they more or less left it out

So the first part of this graphic is inaccurate. Different liquid

You almost have to admire the convictions of this theater employee. By God, if you are pro-life it means you are pro-all life, regardless if it is an alien parasite eating its way out of a female body.

that is just it
if we sanction this killing, what's next
a baby with a birth defect or the wrong gender :hmm:

I'm going to assume the anti abortion crew on the forum thinks that guy is as big a twat as the rest of us. This one is a story of stupidity

QUESTIONS

WILL BE ANSWERED

Red Letter Media Talks About Prometheus on DVD - YouTube

From about 1/3rd of the way in to about 3/4ths through I thought the script was an amazing trainwreck, like it was a first draft placeholder while Lindelof would going back and figure out the characters. But somehow against itself, the ending impressed, partially because Ridley Scott worked the hell out of the movie the whole way through.

Back
Top Bottom