Prometheus - Spoiler filled discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rich has railed about this on FB and in text conversations...

Ah kay. (I don't go on FB much anymore.) So does anyone know why?

:crack:

Old-biff-tannen-backtothefuture.jpg

What are you lookin' at, Butthead?

corianderstem said:
I rolled my eyes when Vickers got crushed by the rolling spaceship.

RUN TO THE SIDE, YOU DUMB-ASS!

I've heard a lot of this, but it's not like she'd have lived if she ran to the side. The writers wanted her dead. Running the length of a rolling ship is just more visually appealing

bonocomet said:
Ah kay. So does anyone know why?

:crack:

What are you lookin' at, Butthead?

We're only in part 1 of a movie that's almost sure to have a sequel. Maybe there's something planned. Also there are scenes where he wears that exoskeleton contraption to aide his walking. If they had a truly elderly man play the part, there would be no feasible way to do that as the technology doesn't really exist. Also, they show his feet in close up after he is removed from stasis and his feet appear much younger than rest of him (and theyre rubbing some sort of ointment (hate that word. Uh) on them. I think it's supposed to hint at his desire to stay young. Maybe he should try rubbing that crap on his face

Yeah the sequel thing. Still though, I'd have WAY preferred 2 different actors to play the same role as young and old. It's done all the time and works fine. Much better than having Biff Tannen star in this movie.

:reject: I must have missed something on the exoskeleton. Huh?

Every time he was on I couldn't help but thinking, "Now don't con me BIFF!" :crack:

This is funny :lol:

I have to say though, Guy Pearce did an awesome job playing an old man. I could hardly tell it was him in regard to mannerisms, voice, etc

We're only in part 1 of a movie that's almost sure to have a sequel. Maybe there's something planned. Also there are scenes where he wears that exoskeleton contraption to aide his walking. If they had a truly elderly man play the part, there would be no feasible way to do that as the technology doesn't really exist. Also, they show his feet in close up after he is removed from stasis and his feet appear much younger than rest of him (and theyre rubbing some sort of ointment (hate that word. Uh) on them. I think it's supposed to hint at his desire to stay young. Maybe he should try rubbing that crap on his face

Haha just saw your edit! :D

I find it disturbing that in all the Alien universe movies, they think it's acceptable to LIGHT THEIR FRIENDS ON FIRE to end their misery. That's gotta be the worst way to die

I think i'd still go for an Alien through the chest. At least it's sensational

And probably much quicker than burning to death ... although the part that leads up to the chest-bursting looks awfully painful.

I always liked the lady in Aliens who got both. Alien pops out of chest and I get torched . . . could this day get any worse?

Probably ought to spoiler other Alien movie stuff... although the movie is sorta crap...

Do you mean Ripley as she did a Smeagol into Mt. Doom? :hmm: She almost seemed to enjoy that little alien though.

They kinda bonded for a few seconds there. :cute:

Probably ought to spoiler other Alien movie stuff... although the movie is sorta crap...

Do you mean Ripley as she did a Smeagol into Mt. Doom? :hmm: She almost seemed to enjoy that little alien though.

I thought that was so lame. Oh, nice timing! It would've been cooler if the heat from the lava somehow made the chestbuster panic and come out squealing into it

Nope, the cocooned woman the Marines find in the second one.

If infected-Holloway wanted to be put down (he seemed to welcome his bbq-ing), why not just take his helmet off instead? Asphyxiation is a bad way to go, but it probably beats being burned alive.

Also, when Shaw uses Vickers' personal med-pod thing to have her alien c-section, why is it calibrated for a man? This really bothered me.

(After thinking about more, maybe it's meant for Weyland? That makes sense, but I prefer my initial theory: Charlize Theron is a man!!)

Also, when Shaw uses Vickers' personal med-pod thing to have her alien c-section, why is it calibrated for a man? This really bothered me.

(After thinking about more, maybe it's meant for Weyland? That makes sense, but I prefer my initial theory: Charlize Theron is a man!!)

Ya, it was definitely meant for Weyland. That's why someone refers to it as a bypass machine at one point

If infected-Holloway wanted to be put down (he seemed to welcome his bbq-ing), why not just take his helmet off instead? Asphyxiation is a bad way to go, but it probably beats being burned alive.

i was hoping for this too. guess torching him scored better with test audiences.

Back
Top Bottom