Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
My absolute favorite fanboy moment, when the Engineer hops into the cockpit, and that huge gun looking control deal comes rising up, I nearly started clapping. (For those who don't know, you see an engineer sitting in that exact same cockpit control deal in its elephant looking spacesuit with a hole in its chest in the ship in the first Alien movie.)
Ha, I watched Alien for the first time in a long time right after Prometheus, and I thought that direct connection was great - even if Nostromo's crew wasn't discovering that exact same crash site.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:17 AM
I have one giant complaint that has left me very unhappy.

I am a big Noomi Rapace fan. I watched all 3 Sweedish Dragon Tattoo movies.
She made them, won me over completely.
The last Sherlock Holmes film she was in was terrible, I walked out of it twice.
So I am glad she is in this and doing great work again.

Charlize Theron is beautiful, I thought the Huntsman movie was a step down for her.
However in this movie she is back, what they gave her, she delivered.

The movie is doing quite well.
I thought they went for the PG-13 rating, for the wider audience.
But then I learn it is rated R.

This movie is over 2 hours and they could not give us 30 -45 seconds of the two women naked.
They each had love scenes, they each have done nude scenes before. I feel robbed.

There was more nudity on AMC's Madmen last night.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
My absolute favorite fanboy moment, when the Engineer hops into the cockpit, and that huge gun looking control deal comes rising up, I nearly started clapping.
This part was awesome. I also thought it was badass how the suit started building up around him. Like it was slowly becoming the iconic symbol from the first movie
Old 06-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
It seemed that the black shiznit was a biological weapon which causes a xenomorph type reaction when exposed to animals & humans. I'm not sure if this is or isn't the exact same substance at the first of the movie, as it seems there had been a a xenomorph type reaction in the facility prior to the Prometheus' arrival. Also, in the "storage" room, on the wall there was obviously a carving specifically of what appeared to the xenomorph / aliens we're familiar with, so it seems to me that the Engineers knew what that substance did.
It would be unfair to have 2 black liquids in the film that were completely different. I hope that's not the case.
I thought it was curious that there were worms on the alien planet. Maybe they brought them there from Earth to experiment on simpler lifeforms.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Got side tracked, and realized I never actually threw in my "theories". I sorta assume the Engineers created humans and Earth just as a testing ground to try out their "weapon". We were nothing special, they saw us the same as rats in a lab.

I could be very wrong on that though. Perhaps we killed or tried to fight the Engineers, and they decided to wipe us out. Maybe we didn't evolve like they wanted us to. Who knows.
I like that idea, but then why would they come back to 'teach' us about the star system? Maybe it was a safety feature? As soon as the lifeform is smart enough to visit, they've become a thread and need to be wiped out? Maybe that's also why the starmap pointed to a remote facility and not their homeworld
I also like the idea that maybe humans were also a bio weapon in the same way the xenomorphs are
Old 06-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

This movie is over 2 hours and they could not give us 30 -45 seconds of the two women naked.
hahahaha, the acting praise buildup made this even funnier
Old 06-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

This movie is over 2 hours and they could not give us 30 -45 seconds of the two women naked. They each had love scenes. they each have done nude scenes before. I feel robbed.
No idea how insightful this is, but this note is from IMDB:

"Ridley Scott stated that he was filming "the most aggressive film [he] could" by not caring about MPAA ratings, having support for such bold movement from 20th Century Fox CEO Tom Rothman, who addressed Alien fans by saying that he was "very aware of their concern", and that "they can take it that the film will not be compromised either way. So if that means that the film is R, then it'll be an R. If it's PG-13, then it'll be a PG-13, but it will not be compromised." Scott shot the film with both adult-only R and more accessible PG-13 film ratings in mind, allowing the more adult content to be cut if necessary without harming the overall presentation, given the case it was asked to be cut down. Eventually, the film was rated "R for Sci-Fi violence including some intense images, and brief language", and it was released without any demanded cuts."

Maybe nudity was scripted or even filmed, but ultimately Scott saw it as pointless at best and distracting at worst.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 07:17 PM
Read a theory that the engineer at the start of the movie went rogue when seeding the planet and ultimately creating humans in his own image. The rest then tried to clean up this mistake. Gives further meaning to the title.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
hahahaha, the acting praise buildup made this even funnier

I put writing and acting towards the top of the list

but I admit, I am a sucker for bare breasts
Old 06-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskin View Post
Read a theory that the engineer at the start of the movie went rogue when seeding the planet and ultimately creating humans in his own image. The rest then tried to clean up this mistake. Gives further meaning to the title.
An interesting theory, but it still doesn't explain why they would then occasionally visit us and teach us about the star system. I prefer the idea that the Engineer was just dropped off on Earth to seed the planet via his sacrificed body. The ship was leaving because everything had been put in place.

And if you think about it, it's the humans that are the Prometheus to our Engineer Gods; We've used raw materials to create life (Androids). Maybe it's that realization that puts the final Engineer into a rage (our punishment)
Old 06-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Move in Mysterious Ways View Post
No idea how insightful this is, but this note is from IMDB:
Blade Runner was made 30 years ago, and I seem to remember it as being sexier than this. Granted the Alien movies were not that sexy. But, take movies like The Fifth Element, without that much skin that movie would not be as memorable. (loosely included because of aliens visiting and leaving wall writings)

also anyone reminded of DePalma's Mission to Mars,

the premise includes a large head on a planet with aliens that seeded humans on earth. I liked that movie.
(DePalma included because Noomi is doing a remake with him next, that will most likely include nudity, I saw the original, Love Crimes)
Old 06-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Granted the Alien movies were not that sexy.
I dunno dude, Ripley in her skimpy undies was pretty sexy. Thought they were nodding to that with Noomi's little abortion outfit
Old 06-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Blade Runner was made 30 years ago, and I seem to remember it as being sexier than this.
Nah, all it had was Joanna Cassidy's breasts for a brief second. Sean Young's nudity was cut.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #29
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I dunno dude, Ripley in her skimpy undies was pretty sexy. Thought they were nodding to that with Noomi's little abortion outfit
I always wondered why Ripley seemed to be wearing undies designed for someone half her age and size in that scene. The future is weird.

By the way, that "abortion" scene was pretty nasty.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Another question that was actually directly asked in the film: Is Vickers an android? There are certainly suggestions of such outside of the outright accusation, among them her being Weyland's "daughter." She was also able to throw David around fairly easily, which was a bit surprising.