Project Runway: Season 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah ... his looks were okay, but they weren't my favourite. Especially that first one :yuck:

The new season looks like it's gonna be good though :up: johnny or whatever his name is needs to pull himself together

yeah, Johnny did pull it together! I liked his dress and I agreed that it would have looked more elegant in black or navy.

Did anyone else think that Ari Fish (eliminated) looked a lot like Samantha Ronson? (Lilo's girlfirend). I could swear Lilo was checking her out!!:lol:

:yawn: daniel won the all-star challenge

I felt bad for Kortu. It was between the two of them, and I would have chosen her. Her restaurant dress was fab! I didn't like Chris's designs AT ALL. That gray plaid fabric was horrible, especially on the 'Red carpet' dress. :yuck: I wished Uli had done better.

:yippie: the person i wanted to win did! aaand the person i wanted to lose did :evil:

I agree on the one sent home -
what planet was she on? And I felt bad about the other guy getting the wrong measurements from the model. It wasn't HIS fault. :angry: Glad he gets a second chance, and glad Johnny (sp?) pulled it together. Very nice!
Oh, and Lindsay's facial expression throughout the show = WTF :der:

Did anyone else think that Ari Fish (eliminated) looked a lot like Samantha Ronson? (Lilo's girlfirend).

YES! :twilightzoneorlifetimeplot:

I thought at any minute they might start fighting :wink:

Daniel winning was a joke, it should have been Korto

Am I still supposed to use the spoiler for TiVo or whatever? I dunno :shrug:

When are the Emmy awards? I guess this season was taped even before the legal thing was straightened out and they moved to Lifetime. Obviously Heidi wasn't pregnant then and she looked very pregnant in the All Star show- that one must have been done recently.

I only watched the All-Star Challenge so far and while I totally adore the person who won (and think they should have won in their season), I was pretty stunned that they won last night. There were some great collections but the winner's? I don't get it.

Regardless, excited that the show is back, even though I haven't seen the new season yet, and that I got to spend a few more hours with Tim Gunn and some of my favorite past contestants.

I loves me some Project Runway - but it has been alot this week! The All Stars special, season 6 starting, the Models Of Project Runway show and we are nearing the end of Project Runway Australia Season 2 as well - thats - what - 4 hours of it this week? Awesomeness!

I can't wait to watch but we don't get the show up here until 12 Sept:huh: I might break down though and find a stream somewhere so I can keep up with this thread:D

Tim Gunn, comic book hero!

Tim Gunn: Comic crimefighter against fashion evils

capt.34ed746bed2147288ed8f9f044126ac7.fashion__tim_gunn_superhero_nyls228.jpg

By SAMANTHA CRITCHELL, AP Fashion Writer Samantha Critchell - NEW YORK – Tim Gunn is taking his fight against fashion crimes from the workrooms of "Project Runway" to the pages of a comic book. And, wow, does he get to wear a power suit.

The "Loaded Gunn" story line — to save an exhibit of extraordinary superhero clothes from a cadre of villains — is part of a book that reintroduces a group of Marvel's high-fashion "Models Inc." comic characters from the 1960s.

"It's a little `America's Next Top Model' — without Tyra (Banks) — and a little `Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,'" says Marvel editor Charlie Beckerman.

The Gunn project evolved on a whim, but it turned out Gunn was a childhood comic fan and a good sport, Beckerman says.

Gunn says the experience has been "the most bizarre thing."

"It's exciting and exhilarating, but bizarre. When they came to me, I said, `I'm about to turn 56 years old. Are they crazy?' But it kept revealing itself in layers and next thing, I'm wearing the `Iron Man' suit. I was dumbstruck."

Personally, Gunn says he always fancied himself more of a Batman type, but he's pleased with the result.

"Most superheroes are fighting the same thing — good vs. evil — but who's taking on crimes against fashion? Me!"

The biggest offense, hands down: clothes that don't fit properly, Gunn says. And, if he had the truly incredible power to remove one item from closets all around the world, no question it would be Crocs.

"It's the No. 1 fashion crime item — and I see it a lot," Gunn says.

yes! i was glad to see mitchell go too. i almost forgot about that! :lol: i absolutely loved that outfit he made (though really he had his teammate do all the work), but between that and him making two shitty outfits the past two weeks, he needed to go.

personally i'm surprised fatma got picked given they said all the designers know about her drama, but it wouldn't surprise me if the producers are keeping her on for that reason. there's been designers in past seasons (wendy pepper, anyone?) who were horrid and bitchy yet kept squeaking by week after week.

aww yay! i'm glad they picked the winner they did. the top three designs were all amazing. usually i'm always :scratch: over one of the top three, but i liked all three this time.

the loser of this challenge...wow. that was just one ugly design.

I didnt very much like the winning design this week, I thought a couple of others were cute but I do agree that they made the right choice for the losing design, I was worried about Crystal since she made that horrid purple/floral dress

I didnt get to see the eliminated model (had to run an errand) so I'll look for the re-runs today

omg, it was so heartbreaking to see
<christopher breaking down on the runway. i'm so glad he didn't go home. other than this week's outfit, i've thought he's been really good.>

I'm glad he was safe too. I didn't think he deserved to go. On the other hand, whatshername had overstayed her welcome. Ruffles? :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom