Project Runway Is Finally Returning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know why they always keep it to four people, but come on. don't act like it's such a huge shock when you don't eliminate anyone in this episode! they've been doing this since season two in some form or another. i'm waiting them to just send all 12 to bryant park. :|

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but the only dress I even remotely liked was Kenley's. I liked the little belt and the things on the bottom. Did not care for any of the other 3 dresses.

I wasn't greatly impressed with any of the dresses last night. I think part of the reason they decided not to eliminate anyone was because everything was so lackluster. On his blog a few weeks ago, Daniel Vosovic said that he felt the designs weren't at the level they should be, and I tend to agree. Hopefully everyone will bring it for the bonus elimination next week and Kenley will be booted. She has a bad attitude but acts like it's everyone else's fault. Maybe one day she'll learn being decent to people gets you a little farther in life.

is it me or was Jerell's dress just one cough away from becoming a skirt? I was pretty underwhelmed by last night.

Yeah, the neckline of Jerrell's dress was really heinous. Way too low.

Don't forget - Tim Gunn's Guide to Style is back on again, starting tonight! :hyper:

He has a new co-host. Not sure why Bravo even thinks he NEEDS a cohost, as anyone watching is tuning in to see Tim Gunn, not some former supermodel. I don't know who the new co-host is, but I'm glad Veronica Webb is gone. She brought nothing to the show.

I agree..those dresses last night were not impressive...if they were to be inspired by flowers, you would have thought one of them would have had a floral print or made a flower out of fabric, or something! Compared to last year, where some of those dresses were outstanding, I am not feelin' it with any of them! why in the hell did Leanne put that piece of fabric in the back of the dress? and Jerrell's model walked like any second the dress was going to fall off her:huh:

yeah i thought they could have done better, and jerrells dress was stupid, it looked like it was skirt that was pulled up :shrug: I thought Kato should have won.
I can't wait for the reunion show! I usually am bored wth this, but i want Kenley to watch how she acts and see if it gives her a much needed wakeup call! *slaps her*

On Tim Gunn's show

"I'll wrestle you to the floor of Bloomingdale's to keep you from walking out in this dress"

Yes! :applaud:

The new co-host is so much more tolerable than Veronica Webb.

And I loooooved the designer dress the woman chose. :drool:

Oh, and yes please, I'd like some free Laboutins too.

This was in the LA Times yesterday.

'Project Runway' fans may have to cool their heels
Next season could be delayed while a breach of contract lawsuit by NBC Universal against the Weinstein Co. plays out.
By Matea Gold, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

NEW YORK -- WEDNESDAY'S episode of “ Project Runway” begins the drawn-out reveal of who will be the next winner of the popular fashion design competition: Jerell, Kenley, Korto or Leanne.

But the more pressing question hanging over the show is this: After "Runway's" fifth season concludes Oct. 15 on Bravo, how long will viewers have to wait for its return?

The future of the reality show is in limbo, the subject of a bitter lawsuit between Bravo's parent company, NBC Universal, and the show's producer, the Weinstein Co.

"I think they're going to be sad if they have to wait," host and executive producer Heidi Klum said of the program's fans. "And, of course, we will be sad too. But we're all sitting in the same boat. We don't really know what is going to happen."

Executive producer Harvey Weinstein was planning to show the next season of "Project Runway" on Lifetime Television, which struck a lucrative deal for the rights to the program. But NBC Universal sued, claiming the Weinstein Co. breached its contract by shopping the show to another network. Two weeks ago, a New York state Supreme Court judge granted its request for a preliminary injunction to stop Lifetime from airing or promoting the show or its new spinoff, "Models of the Runway."

While the parties haggle in court, production is nearly complete on the sixth season, set in Los Angeles instead of New York, with guest judges such as Lindsay Lohan, Eva Longoria and Rebecca Romijn assessing the work of a new batch of designers.

But barring a settlement agreement, it appears highly unlikely that "Runway" will be back on the air in January in time for a finale at New York Fashion Week in February, as Lifetime had hoped. That means it would be delayed until at least late summer so the finalists could show their collections at fashion week in September. (In a statement, the network said it is confident the series will eventually land on its schedule, adding that, "regardless of the legal outcome, Lifetime is well-positioned for growth.")

If NBC prevails, the situation is more complicated. It's all but certain that the show wouldn't go back to Bravo, the network on which it became a hit. That's in no small part because Weinstein has "a particular dislike" for Lauren Zalaznick, the NBC Universal executive who oversees Bravo, as Judge Richard B. Lowe noted in his Sept. 26 ruling. Before their negotiations ended, NBC Universal and Weinstein were discussing airing "Runway" on a different network, perhaps even as part of NBC's prime-time schedule.

The bottom line: Until the suit is resolved, the upcoming two episodes of the show may be the last that "Runway" aficionados will see for a while.

It's a jarring interruption of what has been a stellar ride for "Runway," one of cable television's great success stories.

When the program launched in late 2004, even its producers had some doubts about its premise.

"When we started, we thought, 'Who is going to sit around and watch a bunch of people sewing?' " recalled executive producer Jane Lipsitz.

But the program's inside pass to the fiercely competitive fashion world proved a major draw, as did the outsized personalities who vie to be crowned the country's "next great designer."

"If somebody told me you have 24 hours to make a dress out of candy wrappers, plants or car parts, I'd curl up in the fetal position," said executive producer Jane Cha. "To see these designers make these amazing creations in such a short amount of time with pretty strict parameters never ceases to wow people."

"Runway" winners have become celebrities; their catchphrases -- such as Season 4 winner Christian Siriano's "fierce!" -- pop culture argot.

A singular, dominant character has not emerged this season, but there have been plenty of provocative participants, including Kenley, a 1950s-style designer whose defensive sarcasm offended not only the other contestants but also the judges and Tim Gunn, the program's avuncular mentor.

"I will say, the editing is kind to everybody," Gunn said dryly.

For Bravo, "Project Runway" helped power its rise as a destination for a young and affluent audience. By far the most-watched program on the cable channel, ratings for the show are at an all-time high this season, averaging 3.981 million viewers each episode.

"It is the gold standard," said Frances Berwick, general manager of Bravo Media. "It has been very influential for us and many other networks as well."

Competition shows that explore the creative process, such as " Top Chef," "Shear Genius" and " Top Design," are now the cornerstone of Bravo's schedule.

The end of the program's run on Bravo is especially poignant for the duo of Lipsitz and Dan Cutforth, whose company Magical Elves oversaw the show's daily production. In May, they signed a deal to produce other projects for NBC and are not working on the sixth season for Lifetime. (That's being produced by Bunin-Murray, the company behind "The Real World" and "The Simple Life.")

Cutforth said he has mixed feelings about watching the next iteration of "Runway," whenever it ultimately airs.

"It's a bit like watching someone you were in love with get married to someone else," he said. "You might get invited to the wedding, but you might not want to show up."

Klum stressed that the upcoming season will not deviate from "Runway's" tried-and-true formula. She and Gunn will be back, as will judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia, though they do not participate in every episode.

"We've had a lot of criticism from people where they thought, 'Oh, it's not going to be the same, or it's not going to be as cool,' " Klum said. "For everyone who's worried out there, they shouldn't be worried, because it is just as cool. The only thing that really is different is the talent on the show."

And if the show's return on the air is delayed, the appetite will only be greater, Gunn said.

"Frankly, I've been more worried about having too much 'Runway,' thinking, oh, my God, people are going to overdose on this. The fans will wait for us. I have every confidence in that."

can i just say...korto, jerell, and leanne are being incredibly immature, constantly excluding kenley. i'm not saying kenley wasn't a bitch or anything, she was. she was a total bitch. but the three of them are acting like a bunch of high schoolers snickering and mocking her. it makes me not sure which side to be on. they're all immature. blah.

I'm not surprised by the top 3. I have to say, Leanne's and Kenley's dresses were far and away the best. Both Korto's and Jerrell's dresses were really heinous.

I hated Kenley's "apology." I don't think she could have sounded less sincere. "oh, sorry I was a bitch, ha ha ha, ok bye."

Girl power! I could tell all along that Leeanne was definitely making it to Bryant Park. Great dresses, both of them. I thought Kenley's bridesmaid's dress was a bit short, but... it was still done well. I felt bad for Jerrell, but his dress was hideous. I don't know WTF he was thinking, even after Tim came to visit & gave his opinion. And the bridesmaid's dress :der: I was disappointed with Korto, because I wanted to see what she could do with the challenge, but I didn't care for her idea of a wedding dress/bridesmaid dress :shrug:

Jerell was becoming a one trickpony - but then again so was Kenley. I must say her wedding dress was stunning though. The right decision was made based on what they produced.

I hope Leanne wins. I think Korto has talent but I think she has psyched herself out. Kenley's dress did look like what you see in those over the top runway shows. It looks like the old Kenley might be back next week.

The best part was Tim's little breakdown, I love him :wink:

I adore Tim Gunn and want my very own Tim Gunn to kick my butt when I need it and boost me up when I need it. He's the best.

Kenley's dresses were cute but nothing new. She talks about the other designers being cliched and making clothes that have already been seen, but that's what she does. I've worn dresses that look like that bridesmaids' dress.

Jerrell fell into his same trap of being too ambitious and not finishing off his clothes well enough. While I would never wear his wedding dress of bridesmaids' dress, I thought both were interesting and creative and had a lot of editorial potential. I think he will get a job from this show no problem.

Rooting for Leanne and Korto in the finale.

i liked the top three as well. i liked all four of them in terms of what they usually did, but jerell's dresses in this competition were awful. i loved leanne's and korto's collections the most, from what we saw in the show, and was surprised that there was like none of the green in korto's looks. i could see the cohesion but there was no colour. kenley's dresses were beautiful but i don't care for her collection as much. i'll be cheering leanne on in the finale.

Jerrell's dress was a cool concept, but not well executed IMO
Korto's dress was ok, but the heavy casual jewelery was an odd choice with the dress..I did not mind the bridesmaids dress being almost the same color...believe me..I am a florist and I have seen MANY bridesmaids dresses! If i see one more brown one this year:doh::doh:

The Alexander McQueen dress that Michael Kors was talking about (left) vs Kenley's

KENLEY%20MCQUEEN.jpg

I think there was probably way more Kenley bitchiness going on because the other three don't strike me as being immature or rude, I just think they've had to deal with this bitch for so long, they were uncomfortable about being back and sharing space with her again. I understand!

I love love Korto's colour palate, so fresh and i love colour, i was a little iffy with that icky blue crack colour Leanne had but i think the bridesmaid's dress was pretty so it could look lovely. Jerells was a car wreck, but i did like the strapless wrap around dress in the background at his studio that we didn't get to see.

What also shits me about Kenley is that she gets so defensive when they mention her clothes look like someone else. I don't think she completely copied McQueen but it does look similar and when she says 'i don't watch runway shows, i don't know what other designers do' piss off. What budding designer does not pour over every fucking magazine and watch the model channel and go to fashion week. Its your industry!

meh. Leanne or Korto for the win! :D

I kind of thought Leanne would be the winner. Overall, I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale.

My favorite piece of all three collections was Kenley's cream-colored dress with the mandarin collar (?) and the diagonal slash of colored flowers across the front. That was totally gorgeous.

Leanne and Korto had the most cohesive collections. I'm happy Leanne won but would have been happier if Korto had won. I adored that green Korto was using and was so impressed with those two dresses she whipped up. I hope Kenley learns something from this, that she listens a little more and that she starts paying attention to what is going on in the world around her. With all her talent, I think she could go far if she worked on her attitude a bit.

I'm sad there won't be a reunion show. But yay Korto for winning fan favorite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom