Project Runway Is Finally Returning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a story in my local paper with some photos from Bryant Park, I don't like seeing any of that before the finale but the photos sure looked interesting. They were right on the front of the living section so I couldn't avoid them.

Heidi Klum and Will Ferrell have a funny SI swimsuit photo spread

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2008_swimsuit/heidi-klum/08_heidi-klum_1.html

Gee it's such a shame that Heidi is such a hideous mess isn't it

I thought Christian's was awesome. Liked Jillian's too. I thought Chris just replicated the other one he did with Christian. They should have had them do underwear so that Rami couldn't drape, but he'd probably still find a way :wink:

It was funny how they gave Roberto Cavalli subtitles

Sweet P is very nice, sorry to see her go

i think sweet p is nice too but as a designer she's not a strong as some of the others. i'm pleased with who's going to bryant park, although the whole four people thing is a bit stupid and predictable. i know only three will end up going, but still as of now, four are finalists.

my three picks are chris, christian, and jillian. i'm sorry, but rami is too fucking predictable since he's made draped dresses for at least 75% of the challenges and i'm surprised he didn't get the boot for that over sweet p. it ticks me off that they chose boring predictability over something that was a bit tacky. at least sweet p's was unexpected. rami just doesn't get how it's not okay to make the same dress in every challenge. "but that's what inspires me" - well great, go off and make a line of draped dresses, and see what the press thinks of you bringing 20 identical dresses down a runway.

sorry, his inability to understand why he can't make the same dress week after week - even though it's always beautiful and well-made - has totally turned me off to him.

KhanadaRhodes said:

sorry, his inability to understand why he can't make the same dress week after week - even though it's always beautiful and well-made - has totally turned me off to him.
:up: exactly

plus, he thinks he's so avant garde (newsflash, Rami: you're not), and his snotty better than everyone attitude got on my nerves in a hurry. Sure, Christian is cocky, but he's got the talent to back it up. I feel like he's the one to beat, though I'd love to see Chris win.

I'm not surprised Sweet P went, but Rami should have gone, and not gotten this chance to still be in the finale. Meh, whatever.

corianderstem said:
I'm not surprised Sweet P went, but Rami should have gone, and not gotten this chance to still be in the finale. Meh, whatever.
:yes:

if anything, i think it should've just been down to three: chris, christian, and jillian (who i've had picked as my final three ever since kit got the boot). oh well.

^That's a good lineup. I think Chris is far more versatile than Rami, and some of his stuff has been really impressive (I'm surprised the hershey's dress didn't win). Rami's is always nice, but... predictable.

Just watched this week's episode. No real surprises. I like Sweet P, but her dress didn't look as va-voom as the rest. As for Rami, no surprise that he would choose Grecian art as an inspiration, but to be fair to him...they did specify that as one of the eligible art categories. So what would you expect? Actually, I liked his dress (specially the back) but it's a shame that he won't branch out and try something different.

Speak of predictable, personally I find Jillian to be churning out one structured jacket after another. Sure, they're all slightly different and have various aesthetics, but it seems to me that almost all of her last few challenges (can't recall back much further than that) feature some sort of jacket with a small skirt or dress. :shrug:

I think Christian will be the overall winner. As much as he's a bratty little snot, he is super-talented and I don't know if I've ever seen him turn out something that's not at the very least interesting.

When do they broadcast the Bryant Park episode(s)?

Last edited:
There's an article in today's New York Post, where Tim Gunn talks about the four finalists.

The first paragraph has the most unfortunate typo I've ever seen. I guess they mean Rami. And I guess they mean D-R-A-P-I-N-G:

There's the crazy-haired boy wonder with a fondness for "fierce." The soft-spoken seamstress from Ralph Lauren. The Cirque du Soleil costume designer. And the maverick red carpet raping expert from Israel.

Oh dear.

Reunion show tonight! :hyper:

I love how Heidi takes a stab at Victoria and her boring personality.

So, who do you think will win fan favorite? My guess is Chris March.

I'm surprised that Christian got the fan favorite. I think Christian is probably the most talented designer on the show, and will most likely win, but as the fan favorite? I was pretty shocked by that.

Did anyone understand what Victorya's big issue was with Jack's leaving the show for medical reasons? She looked all offended and said she was upset but I was confused as to why. Anyone remember anything between them (animosity?) from that episode? :huh:

The one who surprised me the most was Carmen. During the menswear challenge she sent her model out in a bad 80's knockoff jacket and a baby blue shirt mimic. It was bad, it didn't look good any way you try. WHY so sensitive?

Christian as fan favorite? I don't see it.

sulawesigirl4 said:
Did anyone understand what Victorya's big issue was with Jack's leaving the show for medical reasons? She looked all offended and said she was upset but I was confused as to why. Anyone remember anything between them (animosity?) from that episode? :huh:

That confused me too. I don't understand why you'd be pissed that a contestant left due to health reasons. I don't remember any animosity, but I also don't remember Victorya really taking any genuine interest (or even friendliness) to anybody else there.

I was also surprised that Carmen seemed so wounded by the menswear challenge. You didn't do well, face up to it and move on with your life.

VictorYA =
19.gif

:wink:

yeah, carmen came off like someone who needed a pat on the shoulder and wanted everyone to rave over how awesome she was, how she was kicked off before her time, etc. i loved her designs when she was on (save for the menswear one), but come ON. to go on about how you felt like everyone forgot about you after you left? uhh...it's a competition! aside from when jack had to leave, when you get down to it, the contestants SHOULD be glad someone else left.

I think Rami made all the dresses for the academy awards! Did you notice how much "draping" was going on in all those dresses!:wink:

Daddysgonnapay said:
I think Rami made all the dresses for the academy awards! Did you notice how much "draping" was going on in all those dresses!:wink:

Haha... you are so right. I thought it was a nice, safe red carpet this year. Not alot of people took risks.

Well its Rami who will join Christan and Jillian, I liked Ramis 3 designs and suprisingly I liked Chris's as well..except for using the human hair, I woud wear those deisgns if I was tall and thin enough....
The human hair part really did creep me out but it was inventive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom