Project Runway Is Finally Returning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was probably one of my favorite episodes ever. I thought most of the dresses were surprisingly good.

Elisa's was just boring, but I thought it was more creative than Victoriya's. It may have been different had she not flipped most of the fabric out. That would have at least been somewhat interesting. :yawn: for both of them. Christian's too. All he did was glue some shit to a boring dress. Big deal. I can do that.

I actually loved Sweat Pea's original dress. I'm not sure what the problem was with it. But her second was boring, as well. But it was well made, I thought.

I wish Chris or Jillian would have won. Chris's was interesting, fun, and it was the only one that really looked wearable. Jillian because she used the actual candy. I liked Rami's, too, but I just thought he fell slightly short of Chris or Jillian.

I thought it was funny when Tim was looking at the designs in progress and as Rami describes his inspiration Tim says "It's Jillian!"

I was starting to kind of like Elisa. I'd rather have seen Sweet P go, and not just for her annoying stage name.

corianderstem said:
I was watching a marathon of season 1 last week, and keep wondering ... why did everyone refer to Kara Saun as "Kara Saun"? Did she insist on being called by her first and last name? It was so annoying.
i'd wondered that at the time too! it's not like there were two karas or anything.

elisa's dress was ugly, but i was still sad to see her go, especially after learning about her inspiration behind designing and her accident.

i loved the winning dress but i wish jillian had won just for being the only one to use edible material and actually making it look good!

corianderstem said:
Oh fark, why did I click in this thread? I forgot it's already aired elsewhere. :(

I clicked earlier too figuring it would be safe, since BonoFox1 is on the west coast. Maybe she has an east coast feed. For the future, perhaps preface your post with SPOILER ALERT Some of us still like to be surprised :wink:

I liked Sweet Pea's dress the best. I though Victoria's dress looked too... kid-ish, I don't know. And it made her look very young - not really a prom dress to me :shrug: I felt bad for Christian. I think his girl, Maddie, was difficult and I don't really think she should have been asking for a brown dress. Brown prom dress on a brown-skinned girl? Something with color/contrast, but I guess that's what the girl wanted. Kevin's dress was just NOT age appropriate and the girl's hairstyle aged her as well. I can't believe he wouldn't bother to hem the dress. He had to KNOW he'd be called out on it. Bad choice there. Oh well.... And Ricky's dress - not horrible, but the color TOTALLY washed her out as Heidi said. What was he thinking :der:

What happened with Kevin? He seemed so talented. A prom dress is a good challenge because you have to really gauge what is appropriate for your specific client, and be in touch with what teens like and are wearing.

I thought Christian's dress was heinous and so unflattering for her shape :yuck:, I would have eliminated him over Kevin.

I liked Chris's dress the best..he was so funny asking the girl and her Mom what they thought of his portfolio:lol: :lol:
I also liked Kit's dress...they hardly showed it at all...I did not like Victoria's dress...I can't believe they picked it to win
Kevin's dress looked good on his manequin..but terrible on the girl..it did look cheap...I hate to admit that I actually felt sorry for Christian...:huh: what is wrong with me
...and if I haven't watched a show that I like yet, I never click on the thread...then nothing is spoiled for me and those that have watched can talk about it...just a suggestion

Weren't the prom pictures funny too! Honestly, the look on the Mom's face when Chris told her all the pictures were of him :lol:

Best quote:
Victoria: What about my portfolio made you think we could work together?
Girl: Well you were the last one left......

-----sound of ego deflating--------

I can't believe Ricky is still around. Seems like he's always in the bottom. Kevin's dress was pretty bad, but i was hoping they'd give him another chance. But yeah, he should have just done the hem. People told him to and he didn't listen.

I thought all the dresses were kind of ho-hum, but i did like Chris's design the best.

Daddysgonnapay said:
...and if I haven't watched a show that I like yet, I never click on the thread...then nothing is spoiled for me and those that have watched can talk about it...just a suggestion

It's good advice. Which I usually follow but completely ignored last night - no idea what I was thinking. :wink:

I thought Ricky should have gone last night. Sweet P's was my favorite, but Victorya's was really nice, too. I have no idea why they thought Kevin's was so bad.

Christian's was kind of nasty, but I think boring should get the boot first.

Oh well.

Ugh. The judges are smoking crack. Kevin's dress wasn't great and it wasn't bad - it was fine. And every other week, he's been at or near the top (or produced great work that was completely ignored). What the hell does Ricky have to do to be sent home? Bleh. I'd pegged Kevin for Bryant Park.

Oh, and Victorya sucks. She sends that bedazzled monstrosity with a fugly bubble hem down the runway and WINS? It kills me when Michael Kors says she "knows a woman's body." No, Mr. Kors, she makes dresses that squashes a woman's boobs flat and are big and shapeless enough to hide any semblance of curves. That was an ugly party dress that you'd pass over in Forever 21, not a freaking prom dress.

Chris should have won, and he wasn't even in the top 3.

sounds like we all pretty much agree that Chris's dress was good...it was very surprising it was not in the top 3...the judges MUST have been smoking crack! haha :wink:

out of all the dresses this week, my favourite was kit's. it had just enough colour with the sort of rainbow effect going on on the bustline, and the rest was a complimentary blue.

part of me can't believe kevin got sent home when he usually produces top quality stuff, but in a way he deserved it for basically refusing to do a proper hem. everyone told him he needed to hem the dress, and he kept saying he wasn't going to. wtf! that makes no sense! especially, i think this is the first time this season someone's been called out on hemming (i can't remember), but surely these guys have seen past seasons and remember times when designers didn't do a hem and nina called them out on it.

and i felt so bad for christian. he got this sassy wannabe diva who has been designing her own clothes for two years and so she suddenly thinks she knows how to design better than him, and was like "okay here's what i want. let me draw the sketch." the judges said he should've steered her better and yeah he should've, but wtf are you going to do when you get some bossy, demanding client? i don't think she would've listened if he'd been like "okay you know what? i'm the designer here so i'll do the sketches." it did surprise me though with how bitchy and outspoken he can be with how he submitted to her like a little bitch and just gave her what she wanted. and then when it came time to show it on the runway, he was like "oh you have no idea what it was like working with her she was so demanding and wanted the tackiest dress ever" - right in front of her! and then she's just looking all incredulously like "what! oh i so was not!" the whole christian/maddie situation was total b.s. she came off like a total bitch to me so i'm kind of glad she got a crappy 80s throwback prom dress.

still don't think victorya ( :rolleyes: ) should've won though. out of who was in the top two, i think it should've gone to sweet p.

You know, I started out feeling bad for Christian until I realized that he was dealing with a girl with the exact same personality he has. Heh. Karma's funny like that.

Wow I thought Kevin would be there until the final 3. My favourite outfit, which was difficult to think of, is probably Sweet P and then Chris' green dress. Maybe not the colour so much but the design was nice.

I unfortunately went on Wiki and found out the results before watching it on YouTube today but you could sort of tell from editing that Kevin was in trouble. Ooooo...and Rami better start being careful, I think he might not be around till the end if he stays this course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom