Project Runway Is Finally Returning - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:15 AM   #376
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Glad to see Leanne in the final three - she's been my favorite since the beginning.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:11 AM   #377
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Girl power! I could tell all along that Leeanne was definitely making it to Bryant Park. Great dresses, both of them. I thought Kenley's bridesmaid's dress was a bit short, but... it was still done well. I felt bad for Jerrell, but his dress was hideous. I don't know WTF he was thinking, even after Tim came to visit & gave his opinion. And the bridesmaid's dress I was disappointed with Korto, because I wanted to see what she could do with the challenge, but I didn't care for her idea of a wedding dress/bridesmaid dress

Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #378
War Child

Local Time: 06:59 AM
Jerell was becoming a one trickpony - but then again so was Kenley. I must say her wedding dress was stunning though. The right decision was made based on what they produced.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #379
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:59 AM
I hope Leanne wins. I think Korto has talent but I think she has psyched herself out. Kenley's dress did look like what you see in those over the top runway shows. It looks like the old Kenley might be back next week.

The best part was Tim's little breakdown, I love him
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #380
ONE
love, blood, life

I adore Tim Gunn and want my very own Tim Gunn to kick my butt when I need it and boost me up when I need it. He's the best.

Kenley's dresses were cute but nothing new. She talks about the other designers being cliched and making clothes that have already been seen, but that's what she does. I've worn dresses that look like that bridesmaids' dress.

Jerrell fell into his same trap of being too ambitious and not finishing off his clothes well enough. While I would never wear his wedding dress of bridesmaids' dress, I thought both were interesting and creative and had a lot of editorial potential. I think he will get a job from this show no problem.

Rooting for Leanne and Korto in the finale.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #381
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:59 AM
i liked the top three as well. i liked all four of them in terms of what they usually did, but jerell's dresses in this competition were awful. i loved leanne's and korto's collections the most, from what we saw in the show, and was surprised that there was like none of the green in korto's looks. i could see the cohesion but there was no colour. kenley's dresses were beautiful but i don't care for her collection as much. i'll be cheering leanne on in the finale.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #382
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:59 AM
Jerrell's dress was a cool concept, but not well executed IMO
Korto's dress was ok, but the heavy casual jewelery was an odd choice with the dress..I did not mind the bridesmaids dress being almost the same color...believe me..I am a florist and I have seen MANY bridesmaids dresses! If i see one more brown one this year
Old 10-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

The Alexander McQueen dress that Michael Kors was talking about (left) vs Kenley's

Old 10-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #384
New Yorker

but I have to say I like Kenley's better...if she hadn't copied it!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #385
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 05:59 PM
I think there was probably way more Kenley bitchiness going on because the other three don't strike me as being immature or rude, I just think they've had to deal with this bitch for so long, they were uncomfortable about being back and sharing space with her again. I understand!

I love love Korto's colour palate, so fresh and i love colour, i was a little iffy with that icky blue crack colour Leanne had but i think the bridesmaid's dress was pretty so it could look lovely. Jerells was a car wreck, but i did like the strapless wrap around dress in the background at his studio that we didn't get to see.

What also shits me about Kenley is that she gets so defensive when they mention her clothes look like someone else. I don't think she completely copied McQueen but it does look similar and when she says 'i don't watch runway shows, i don't know what other designers do' piss off. What budding designer does not pour over every fucking magazine and watch the model channel and go to fashion week. Its your industry!

meh. Leanne or Korto for the win!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 PM   #386
Neon Zebra

Excellent choice for the winner
Old 10-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #387
New Yorker

Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #388
Blue Crack Distributor

I kind of thought Leanne would be the winner. Overall, I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale.

My favorite piece of all three collections was Kenley's cream-colored dress with the mandarin collar (?) and the diagonal slash of colored flowers across the front. That was totally gorgeous.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #389
Blue Crack Addict

I think I would have picked Korto just based upon the fact that all of Leanne's pieces were so similar (but they were beautiful).
Old 10-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #390
ONE
love, blood, life

Leanne and Korto had the most cohesive collections. I'm happy Leanne won but would have been happier if Korto had won. I adored that green Korto was using and was so impressed with those two dresses she whipped up. I hope Kenley learns something from this, that she listens a little more and that she starts paying attention to what is going on in the world around her. With all her talent, I think she could go far if she worked on her attitude a bit.

I'm sad there won't be a reunion show. But yay Korto for winning fan favorite!

Tags
project runway