Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:52 PM
i screamed.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #242
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 05:52 PM
I actually cried!!!..I hated Christian all season but when it was just he and Rami ..I had a strong feeling Christian was going to win! and he humbled so much that I liked him for the first time

Old 03-05-2008, 11:42 PM   #243
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
He's so FIERCE!

Old 03-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #244
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

yay! I think you could make a case for any of the top three in that last show, but he really was consistently the strongest throughout the season. AND he's so freaking young. What a talent!

Did anyone notice that as they were drawing out the suspense between the final two that Christian was totally tearing up and nervous and stuff? After his constant cockiness, it was kinda nice to see him show a softer side.

Still...dude is fierce.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:42 AM   #245
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:52 PM
Congrats to Christian - had a feeling it would be him in the end. Thought all 3 collections were pretty solid for each designer. No horrid "what was he/she thinking" outfits. And I would have been alright with any of the 3 winning. I noticed the drawn out suspense at the end with just Christian & Rami, and how anxious Christian was. And I liked how it seemed that all 3 were supportive of each other
Old 03-06-2008, 05:59 AM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Local Time: 09:52 PM
I fell asleep before the end of the show

It's great to hear that Christian worn! I really liked him!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #247
Blue Crack Addict

I thought all of their collections were great, that gold second-to-last dress by Rami was one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen. I do think the show has lost something by having more professional designers.

I do have to wonder what the heck Christian will sell on Bluefly-who walks around with those crazy neck collars? Maybe women with strained necks-or hickeys
Old 03-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #248
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Christian's overall collection was very interesting and I loved the ruffle coat, the feather dress at the end not so much.

My big question is where can I buy Jillian's sweaters? Dang those things were gorgeous!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #249
Blue Crack Addict

You can bid on them on the PR web site, all the collections are up for bid for charity. Of course you'd have to win the lottery first.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #250
Blue Crack Distributor

Awww, yay for Christian! I totally noticed him tearing up at the end, and it finally made me cry too when he was announced the winnter.

Love him.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #251
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
You can bid on them on the PR web site, all the collections are up for bid for charity. Of course you'd have to win the lottery first.
Yeah I looked. I decided to buy groceries instead. Just don't tell her that I saved the pictures and am planning to copy them OK?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #252
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
Did anyone notice that as they were drawing out the suspense between the final two that Christian was totally tearing up and nervous and stuff? After his constant cockiness, it was kinda nice to see him show a softer side.
i know! i was like "awww look at him, he's crying!!" i was sooooo happy for him when he won. i think he'll also be the first winner thus far who'll actually take the full package (mentorship, etc.) because while he's incredibly cocky, i think he realises he's still got a lot to learn. i was so impressed to see how he was on the final episode, where for the first time he was actually nervous looking at the other finalists' collections.

i don't think i could wear any of christian's outfits, since i'm not planning on walking a red carpet any time soon, but i'm still so glad he won.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #253
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I was glad to see Christian win. All season, he most consistently made wearable, edgy clothing, and he had a clear vision but didn't rely on the same few techniques. I also feel like we saw him grow up a bit in the final episode. When you're that young, you act so cocky because you think you know something everyone else doesn't, and when you realize you don't, you get humble in a hurry. All season Christian kept saying he was the best, but when he made it to fashion week and realize he actually could be, it scared the hell out of him.

What surprised me most was that Jillian wasn't second. While her collection was a bit scattered, I think it was better made than Rami's. Then again, it may be that Jillian has a future in commercial fashion, where Rami has more potential in high fashion. I wasn't blown away by his collection, though. Yes, some of the dresses were gorgeous, but a few of them looked too similar for me.

It was a good season. I'm glad Top Chef starts next week in that time slot!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #254
Blue Crack Distributor

Here's a link to a great interview with Tim Gunn.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....t-runways.html

It's got this juicy bit about Victorya, which goes into more depthy about what a sourpuss bitch she appeared to be.

MR: Wasn’t Jack in the hospital for a week?

TG: “Yes, a week on an IV drip. And frankly, we needed to exit him through a story line. He was there about a day too long. Victorya in particular was so hysterical with me and with the producers, [saying] ‘What are you doing to him? He should stay.’ It’s like, ‘You know something, he should be in the hospital right now. Stop it, and stop being so selfish.’”

MR: I don’t really understand why she was so upset. Can you explain that to me?

TG: “She was sourpuss, a crabby apple as I keep saying, throughout almost all the show, other than Days 1, 2 and 3. She became this sour pill. Rich Bye, one of the executive producers, and I had two off camera interventions with her. I said to her, ‘You know what makes me beside myself is the fact that there are thousands of designers who would love to be in your place. What’s the matter with you?’

“She said, ‘I never dreamed the experience of being on the show would be like this.’ We said, ‘What do you mean?’ ‘I never dreamed we’d only have a day for challenges, that we wouldn’t have any breaks.’ ‘But you said you saw the show.’ She said, ‘I assumed it was cheated.’ I said, ‘Then you only have your own delusions to blame.’ She was really angry and bitter.

“On one occasion – they edited this out, I knew they would – we were at Mood [Fabrics], and I’m handing out money. They each have $250 dollars. She collects the envelopes from all the designers and hands them back to me. She said, ‘I want you to count it.’ I just stared at her. ‘You want me to do what?’

“She wanted me to count the money in each envelope. I looked to the producer on site with us, and I said, ‘I’m not doing this, am I?’ and he said, ‘The rules say that if a designer asks for the money to be counted, we have to count it.’ I said, ‘Fine,’ and asked why she wanted it counted. And she had pulled out this sheaf of papers – she had the rules with her – and she said, ‘I don’t believe that we all have the same amount of money.’ Why would we do that? If someone didn’t have the right amount, wouldn’t they come to me? So I counted the money.

“But that’s what it was like dealing with her. She actually said about Jack’s departure that we had engineered him leaving because he wasn’t a pretty face anymore. I just said to her, ‘I fundamentally don’t understand why you can’t understand that he is seriously ill. Furthermore, it’s a MRSA [infection]. We are all at risk.’ But she said we were forcing him out and that shouldn’t happen and we should have a hearing or something.”
Old 03-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #255
Blue Crack Addict

That's crazy

Tags
project runway