Project Runway Is Finally Returning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of thought Leanne would be the winner. Overall, I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale.

My favorite piece of all three collections was Kenley's cream-colored dress with the mandarin collar (?) and the diagonal slash of colored flowers across the front. That was totally gorgeous.
agreed on all counts :up: that was my favourite outfit too. though my second favourite was the blue dress leanne used as her final piece or whatevs.

i was disappointed leanne won, but not surprised. i thought her collection was, like nina said, rather one-note. everything was gorgeous and well-constructed, but it reminded me of several takes of the same thing. i knew kenley wouldn't win, so i wanted korto to win. oh well.

I wish there was a reunion show! I wanted a knock down drag out fight! I am sad! :sad:
i was thinking the same thing while watching the finale. there's always been a reunion! this whole season was very anticlimactic. no exotic locales, not even any really weird challenges (designing uniforms for the post office, outfits for dogs, etc.) the closest thing we had that i can think of was the first episode which was a throwback to the first episode of season one, and also the outfits for college grads. big deal, making business clothes.

I read a blurb somewhere that it was the ongoing lawsuit about moving the show to Lifetime that prevented them from doing a reunion show.

:bump:

reported on TMZ.com
0318_kenley_collins_ex_getty.jpg

"Runway" Star Jailed for Cat-astrophic Assault
Posted Mar 18th 2009 2:38PM by TMZ Staff

One of the most memorable -- and hated -- finalists from "Project Runway" is behind bars right now for allegedly fashioning a weapon out of a living, breathing, meowing cat ... and firing it at her ex-fiance!

Kenley Collins -- the trash-talking, third place loser from P.R. Season 5 -- was arrested in a Brooklyn home early yesterday morning, after the D.A. claims she attacked her sleeping ex-fiance with anything she could get her hands on -- including a cat, a laptop, several apples and finally ... water. It's like a design challenge turned violent!

It's unclear what started the fight, but according to legal papers Kenley told her ex, "You're lucky ... it could've been a lot worse."

Kenley was arrested and charged with six crimes -- including 2nd degree assault, 3rd degree assault and criminal possession of a weapon in the 4th degree.

No word on when Kenley is set to be released from jail.

Great news!!! :applaud:

From Time.com:
NBC U, Weinstein Make Project Runway Work
Posted by James Poniewozik

In what I am going to assume is not an April Fool's joke, NBC Universal just issued a statement announcing a settlement to its lawsuit with The Weinstein Company and Lifetime channel over Project Runway's move from Bravo:

NBC Universal, The Weinstein Company and Lifetime have resolved their disputes. The Weinstein Company will pay NBCU for the right to move Project Runway to Lifetime. All of the parties are pleased with the outcome. Harvey Weinstein added, "I want to personally congratulate Jeff Zucker and NBCU on their success in the litigation and thank Jeff for resolving this in a professional manner. We look forward to working together on our ongoing projects.”

As for me, I look forward to having Runway back—and, frankly, am glad to have had a little break from it. Now what channel is Lifetime on again?

Update: And for equal time, here's the statement from Lifetime president Andrea Wong:

I couldn't be more excited that Lifetime will bring its viewers an amazing, all-new season of Project Runway this summer. As the highest-rated cable network for women, Lifetime is the perfect home for this outstanding program as well as its companion series Models of the Runway. All of us at Lifetime are thrilled to move forward with Heidi, Tim, Nina, Michael, The Weinstein Company and the entire Project Runway team. We are proud to add these shows to our growing slate of original programming, including the hit series Army Wives, the all-new upcoming series Drop Dead Diva and our top-rated original movies.

Bonus points for plugging your other, unrelated series, Andrea Wong! (If NBCU sends out an amended statement mentioning Make Me a Supermodel, I will of course post it.)

As for Models of the Runway, it's a little-promoted spinoff which will follow the models employed in the PR challenges—an idea I had frequently mentioned to Mrs. Tuned In, but had always assumed was the product of my watching Project Runway while drinking. Apparently, I'm just three beers away from being a reality-TV programming genius!

I was just coming over here to post this. I'm so glad PR is finally coming back. I hope the move to Lifetime doesn't change it too much, because that and Top Chef were my favorite Bravo shows. Though I admit the Real Housewives shows are starting to suck me in :reject:

Anyone here a Project Runway Canada fan? The American verson is great but Iman >>> Heidi Klum. She kicks ass.

I'm glued to PR Canada. I like both shows for different reasons. Iman is pretty scary at times and quite outspoken compared to Heidi. The only thing I wish that was on the Canadian show is Michael Kors. I like Tim Gunn but Brian Bailey is also good. Elle Director and Canadian himself, Joe Zee, was awesome to have as a guest judge that time. Hopefully they move the show to fashion central - Montreal next time.

Soooo glad that evil Kim was kicked off and her partner in crime, Genevieve. Sunny has this in the bag I think and I'm glad Jessica made it to the Final.

I really don't think Mr. Miami Vice has a chance against these two.

I think Iman's opinion is always bang on though, she knows her fashion. I love Brian Bailey! I like him more than Tim Gunn, who I cannot watch without laughing (look up the MADTV parody of Project Runway on Youtube).

Go Sunny go! He is brilliant, my favourite was the black dress he designed for Coco Rocha, simply beautiful :)

Tim Gunn On 'Project Runway's' Return: 'The Show Needed A Booster Shot'
Access Hollywood - May 27, 2009 9:50 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Just months ago, the future of "Project Runway" was in doubt - but now, show mentor Tim Gunn says the fashion competition is back and better than ever.

"After five seasons, the show needed a booster shot," Tim told the June 5 issue of Entertainment Weekly.

The show has moved from Bravo to Lifetime, after NBC Universal, which owns Bravo, the Weinstein Company and Lifetime settled a legal dispute over the rights to the show in April. The sixth season will debut on August 20.

The channel change wasn't the only move - it's also changed locations from New York to LA, a change that Tim said fits the show well. Future seasons will rotate between the two cities.

"Los Angeles is indisputably the home of the red carpet," he said. "It's the home of film and television costume, and it has a celebrity dimension that New York doesn't have. Watching the first elimination this season, I thought, Wow, we should be here."

And Hollywood glamour will play a role on the show, with judge and designer Michael Kors adding that LA style will affect "Runway's" contestants' designs.

"LA can be the most laid-back and the most glamorous," Michael said, adding that challenges would include fashion for the red carpet and the beach. "It's the land of bikinis and gowns."

The Southern California location also lent itself to the presence of Hollywood celebs, including Christina Aguilera, Eva Longoria Parker, and Lindsay Lohan, who will serve as guest judges throughout the season.

And Tim added that fans should expect the unexpected with the new season - and in the show's future.

"We have a challenge, the outcome of which will have the blogs going crazy!" Tim said. "I'm surprised I didn't need CPR when it all came down the runway, because I'm still in such a state of shock about it."

He added that future seasons would be more comfortable "pushing the envelope."

Still, one thing hasn't changed - the familiar set.

"I was shocked," host Heidi Klum told the mag. "It was deja vu. I was looking forward to different scenery, and everything was the same!"

^EEEEK! Im so EXCITED!!:hyper:

I really do NOT like The Fashion Show-it's quite DULL!!!:|

Los Angeles huh? That kind of excites me too!! :D cept for having stupid celebratie guest judges like Wacko Lohan and Aguilera I guess that you just have to take the good with the bad.

I am assuming that they are going to be using that Big fashion building/show room on 7th in the Fashion District since we do not have a Parsons in LA *I have been there and graduated with a design certificate there*

:hyper:

'Project Runway': Inside Season 6!

Heidi Klum had envisioned a major overhaul for Project Runway's sixth season. A different color palette for the set. New seating for the judges. A spruced-up, elongated catwalk. In a word: change. After five seasons in New York, the hit reality competition for aspiring fashion designers was moving to both a new city, Los Angeles, and a new network, Lifetime. And the show's statuesque host had her heart set on a revamped world. But when she first stepped onto the soundstage in downtown L.A. last fall, she almost fell over in her stilettos. Before her was an exact replica of the Manhattan set that Runway has used since 2004. Same logo. Same lighting. Same everything. ''I was shocked,'' Klum says. ''It was déjà vu. I was looking forward to different scenery, and everything was the same!''

Well, there can be comfort in familiarity, right? Especially in times of turmoil. And lately, there's been nothing but turbulence in the Runway universe. Beginning in April 2008, the hit series became the disputed pawn in a trio of lawsuits between The Weinstein Company (which owns a majority stake in the show), NBC Universal (parent company to the series' original network, Bravo), and Lifetime (which bought the rights for seasons 6 through 10). The legal deadlock kept the fate of the entire series hanging in the balance for almost a year. ''By the end of production [of season 6],'' says new exec producer Jon Murray, ''we started to joke around, like, 'Are we going to have to show this to our friends and families in our living rooms?'''

Nope. Thanks to a resolution reached in April, Runway will soon be back in almost everyone's living room. Season 6 premieres Aug. 20 on Lifetime, amid a blowout marketing campaign that is one of the biggest in the network's 25-year history. Between Runway and a new spin-off — Models of the Runway, which focuses on the glamazons who flaunt the designers' creations each week — the femme-friendly channel hopes to up its cool quotient something fierce. And despite a delay of nine months for the new season's debut, team Runway insists the series is still as fresh and addictive as ever. Says exec producer Jane Cha: ''It's like we've been keeping a baby under wraps in the house and now we're ready to give it a party.''

NEXT PAGE: ''Los Angeles is indisputably the home of the red carpet. It's the home of film and television costume, and it has a celebrity dimension that New York doesn't have. Watching the first elimination this season, I thought, Wow, we should be here.''

:gah: I can't believe we have to wait till the end of August!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom