Project Runway Is Finally Returning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVED Korto's dress this week....if you look closley at the AE commercial with Diane Von Furstenburg Korto's fabric is being used on one of the models...I thought she had won when I saw the commercial during the show:wink:

Call me crazy, but I really liked Joe's outfit (the little mistakes in the back aside); I thought it was really cool.

I thought Kenley's dress was ugly.

Also ... and this really may qualify me as crazy ... Blaine is starting to grow on me. :reject:

Stella's gone. She took it much better than I thought she would, though throughout the episode it did seem like she was over it. Leanne's a little bit of a dark horse now.
I agree.

I LOVED Korto's dress this week....if you look closley at the AE commercial with Diane Von Furstenburg Korto's fabric is being used on one of the models...I thought she had won when I saw the commercial during the show:wink:

I love that AMEX commercial and loved that fabric that Koto used. You have a good eye to catch the fabric in the commercial.

Ok, i officially hate Kenley. I will take pleasure in watching her get the boot. Hopefully it happens soon.

I'm rooting for Korto!

Kenley needs to learn to listen. I'm glad Blayne is gone because I really wasn't impressed with what he had to offer. I'm hoping that Terri will learn cooperation and humility from this experience. She is very talented but can get in her own way.

I think Suede will be gone soon. He's the only one left who hasn't won anything and, like Blayne, he just hasn't really impressed me yet.

Bye Bye Blayne :wave: WTF did he make for the challenge? :yikes:
Bye Bye Terri :wave: Learn to work with people! I agree with you dsmith2904!

Well, I was totally shocked Terri got the boot....I think creative editing may have made her out to be more of a bitch than she really was...I mean..if it was my neck on the line and my partner was a whiney ass loser like Keith, I would have taken control over the situation too...her only fault was trying to use it to sway the judges...I thought Kenlee's "dress" was hideous...and I cannot believe they liked what she made last week either...It should have been Blaine and Kenlee off this week:angry:

Well, I was totally shocked Terri got the boot....I think creative editing may have made her out to be more of a bitch than she really was...I mean..if it was my neck on the line and my partner was a whiney ass loser like Keith, I would have taken control over the situation too...her only fault was trying to use it to sway the judges...I thought Kenlee's "dress" was hideous...and I cannot believe they liked what she made last week either...It should have been Blaine and Kenlee off this week:angry:

:yes::yes::yes:

Poor poor Keith, he was a delicate flower and a wounded little waif. yay. Even if Terri would have told him to step up, buy a spine and get to work he would have been useless anyway with that attitude. She did the work and got the challenge done. Too bad the dress was so Wiz. And she does make the same thing over and over.

Stella had a great attitude and her focus was Blaine winning. Too bad Blaine is a bowl of mixed nuts and made a old fashioned bathing suit with attached bath puffies.

The six remaining contestants sent their lines down the runway at Bryant Park this morning.

Final 6 ‘Project Runway' designers put best looks forward
By SUZANNE GANNON- McClatchy-Tribune News Service
NEW YORK — If there is one burning question electrifying the air in the fashion world this week it is who will be the winner "Project Runway Season 5" as the cable TV hit wraps filming and prepares to make its much talked about move from the Bravo network to Lifetime.

That question came several catwalk strides closer to being answered Friday morning, as the show filmed its finale under the tent here at Bryant Park, showcasing the 10-piece collections of each of the six semi-finalists: Jerell Scott, Stephen "Suede" Baum, Joe Faris, Kenley Collins, Korto Momolu, and Leanne Marshall.

Before a packed house that included a nexus of fashion and Hollywood elites like show producer Harvey Weinstein, Padma Lakshmi, stylist Rachel Zoe, the "Project Runway" iconic judging trio of Michael Kors, Nina Garcia, and Heidi Klum strode down the runway and mugged for the camera pit. Then, after thanking the magical elves, Bravo, and numerous others, host and executive producer Heidi Klum, clad in a deliciously snug green-black dress, introduced guest judge and beloved mentor to the designers Tim Gunn, who stepped in at the last minute for Jennifer Lopez who had cancelled due to a foot injury.

Seeming almost weepy, Gunn said, "I promise to be impartial and unbiased and to put my relationship with the designers on a metaphorical shelf."

Then the ever perky Klum set the production in motion with her trademark command, "Let's start the show!"

In introducing his collection, which featured a palette of black and gold and shiny coppers and silvers with abundant texture and glimmer, Jerell, the first to present, said "I am just waiting on y'all to see what I do!"

Jerell's Look No. 1 was the show-stealer of his collection, a fierce strapless pencil dress in shimmering copper that was corseted in a silver border that gave the piece the appearance of a tightly wrapped spring roll.

The Mohawk-coiffed Suede was next, and said the experience had been an "amazing dream," and told the audience that they would see in this collection "where he'd taken linear." The color story, he said, was reflected in his hairdo, dyed in stripes of bright purple, pink, and blue. Down the runway sashayed a loosely connected array of pinks, purples, teals, and stripes in lots of directions, the first being the friendliest to the eye: a short pink plaid dress, overlaid with a ballooning turquoise skirt-cape that tied at the waist.

Viable retail potential seemed to be the message behind Joe's collection, which stuck to a fairly consistent matrix of leather and denim, with lots of zippers and stitching. Inspired by "Americana and everything it represents, the West, rock n' roll, and motorcycles," Joe sent down the runway combinations including a gorgeous brown leather corset over skinny jeans, a pair of leather pants that looked painted-on, and a pair of electric-orange crushed velvet jeans under a denim corset.

Next up was Kenley, who gushed that "Alice in Wonderland" and painting were the cornerstones of her collection, which entailed bold magentas and teals, and floral prints combined with impressive tailoring. Look No. 1, a black strapless number with a magenta skirt-cape tied around the waist was one of the highlights, along with a super slim black strapless that may have required the model to be poured into it.

"Are you ready for me?" said Korto when she took the microphone. Citing her African roots and her life in Arkansas, she put forth an extremely succinct color story of electric greens, khaki, and gold, and experimented with an assortment of silhouettes including balloons, folds, and daring ruffles that collectively amounted to a cohesive whole. An off-ochre asymmetrical number with a halter top (Look No. 9) and a lime-green gown slit to the floor with pleating (Look No. 10) were notable. Beaming upon its conclusion, Korto strolled the catwalk with her little daughter.

At last Leanne presented her work, noting that she had "lost millions of hours of sleep over it" and saying that she was "in love with it."

It wasn't hard to see why, as a serenely simple palette of mint and cream floated down the runway, displaying a seemingly refined approach to cutwork and draping that manifested itself in wavy, swoopy curves, and concentric fans of fabric. Every ensemble was easy on the eye, but Look No. 9, a gorgeous mint-colored strapless, Look No. 10, an ecru bridal gown with draping layers, and Look No. 7, a cream dress with a sheer mint balloon overlay were true stand-outs.

Following the show, Santino Rice, one of the finalists from Season 2 (who unabashedly takes credit for making "the show famous") said, "It's glaringly obvious who the decoys were."

On 'Project Runway', broadcast time lags behind real-world time. Several designers had already been eliminated by the time New York's Fashion Week rolled around, but to keep viewers guessing, all six contestants who remained after Wednesday night's broadcast sent a collection down the runway Friday.

"The bottom line is that it's down to Korto and Leanne, and if there is a third finalist, I would say it could be Joe."

"Korto and Leanne showed craftsmanship, cohesion, and a point of view," he said. "There was a fresh perspective in their work, whereas I saw a lot of schlock (in the other collections) and they didn't necessarily have a definitive point of view."

"Leanne's color palette was really concise, which might hurt her," he said. "Korto ran with a more 70s look, and a color palette with citrusy golds and greens and avocado."

About to star in a new show on VH1, Rice now spends his time dressing 30 exclusive female clients around the world with garments he makes by hand in his Los Angeles studio.

No matter who wins the coveted $100,000, Bluefly.com distribution and Saturn hybrid vehicle in Season 5, it's a sure bet they've all garnered a career boost.

Lilly Barany, a lucky 12-year-old New Yorker who scored a ticket to the taping of the finale at her school's auction seemed to agree. "I thought it was really cool," she said. "My favorite one is Leanne because of the colors and the way she cut the clothes."

Could this mini-fashionista have a future on "Project Runway?"

Another good episode. While I still believe Suede's days are numbered (I think Jerelle, Korto and Leanne will be the final three), I wasn't surprised to see Joe go. He has so many problems with execution. Like last night, not only was the suit a poor choice, it was poorly made.

Kenley is getting more obnoxious each week. If she's going to make it in fashion (or in the world, for that matter), she really needs to listen to people. From the previews, it looks like she gets her comeuppance next week.

I agree ^ Joe's time to go ...that outfit was just dreadful for a 22 year old:huh:
I didn't mind Suede's so much:reject: but I agree he will probably be next on the chopping block. and Kenley:mad: looks like next week she mouths off to Tim!:hyper::hyper:

I wanted Kenley out but understand why Suede was let go. I'm surprised he made it this far, actually. I'm picking Korto, Jerrelle and Leanne for the final three and would be happy to see any of them win (though I did vote Korto for fan favorite).

I can't believe Kenley was not sent home. Though I'm no fan of Suede, he at least tried to make something rock n' roll. What the hell did Kenley make? And no one thought it was hip-hop. No clue what it actually was :der: And I don't like her attitude, especially towards Tim.

I can't believe how annoying Kenley's voice is. I'm not surprised it was Suede instead of her, but if she's not out next week, I'm going to be seriously pissed.

I thought the "pop" dress was ugly, but man, they made her look great from the neck up.

I laughed at how all the other designers were pretty much mocking her the whole night. The reunion special before the finale should be entertaining.

Seriously...Kenley...:down:

I cannot believe they did not send her home...especially with her back talk constantly...they could have kept Suede 1 more week...I thought his pants looked great...although they were right..it did look like something Jerrell had already worn:wink:

looks like Kenley might have a meltdown next week :hyper::hyper:

Kenley is a rude bitch and i can't wait for her to get the boot. It looks like she's gonna get all bitchy with Heidi next week.

I'm still rooting for Korto for the win, but Jerrell is growing on me too.

I can't stand Kenley, if she wins that will be pathetic

I read yesterday that Lifetime lost in court and they can't have the show, don't know what will happen now

Last updated September 29, 2008 9:14 p.m. PT

'Runway' blocked from Lifetime
So maybe "Project Runway" isn't moving to Lifetime after all. A New York Supreme Court judge Friday issued a preliminary injunction that keeps "Runway" from strutting its stuff on Lifetime come January.

The show has called NBC-owned Bravo its home since its inception, but the Weinstein Co., which produces the hit show, announced earlier this year that it would move to Lifetime.

The temporary injunction bars Weinstein from taking "Project Runway" or any spinoff to Lifetime and contends that evidence showed that Weinstein violated NBC's "right of first refusal" for the show. Weinstein maintains NBC had no such right and it intends to appeal the ruling.

I loved Kenley's comment about halfway through the show. Something about how "It's me all alone over here and the other designers on the other side of the room. My whole life has been like that."

.... maybe you should try not being such an annoying bitch, then.

I can't even have sympathy for her with the other designers being mean to her. You reap what you sow, Kenley my dear.

:madspit:

Oh, come on, show. You pulled this shit last year with Chris and Rami battling it out for the runway slot. I know this time any four of them might not show at Bryant Park, but grow a pair and give someone the boot. *coughkenleycough*

One last comment on Kenley - "I had to be tough. My dad was a tugboat captain!"

Bwa ha hahaaaaaaaa! Yeah, that tugboat life, man. Gotta learn to cut a bitch.

:|

Kenley has to go. I think Kortu (sp?) has been much more consistent throughout the season, and it seems Kenley is just Ms. 50s, and rude. I did NOT like her dress. Looked mermaid-ish. I did like Kortu's dress - I don't really get what they didn't like about it :shrug:
LeeAnn's blue swatch in the back was just :der:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom