Portlandia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only seen one or two episodes, but thought it was funny. I remember a woman from The Decemberists was in one of the sketches.

Washed Out song as the opening music too, which is nice.

She's one of the main actors. She's also one of the writers. She's really funny

I've heard good things. The recommendations of the esteemed Turkey and Scumbo have swayed me, and I will seek out the first episode. If it doesn't tickle my fancy, there may be severe repercussions.

Aren't James Mercer from The Shins and Colin Meloy from The Decemberists in an episode? I'll have to look that one up, if it's aired.

They're in the same episode the chick from the Decemberists was in.

Show's just alright. "Put a bird on it" was really good though.

Well, senior Impy, if you saw more than one episode, you would know she is in all of the episodes.

Seriously though, watch another one. Its really funny

Just watched the episode with the dude from the Shins... It wasn't a good episode. But Selma Blair was in it, so it wasn't all bad

Jive Turkey said:
Well, senior Impy, if you saw more than one episode, you would know she is in all of the episodes.

Seriously though, watch another one. Its really funny

I've seen them all. Do you mean Carrie Brownstein? Of Sleater-Kinney? Cause that ugly girl from the Decemberists was only in the episode "Blunderbuss."

The show's hit or miss for me, but there have been plenty of really solid sketches ("Cacao" and the aforementioned "Put a bird on it" come to mind). I just think the lampooning of hipster culture is a little heavy handed. The entire joke is stale at this point, which isn't this show's fault. It's the internet's.

Oh ya, I'm getting them fucked up. Sorry

But anyway, I just watched them all. I think there are only 6 episodes. First 4 = Gold. Last 2 not so much

Back
Top Bottom