Poltergeist is being remade.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
20th Century Fox and MGM (vis USA Today) have provided us with a first scarifying look at the Poltergeist reboot, produced by genre legend Sam Raimi (The Evil Dead) and directed by Gil Kenan (Monster House). Go into the light by checking out the pics in our gallery below!

Creepy First Look at the Poltergeist Reboot! - ComingSoon.net

Sam Raimi is producing, which can be cool I guess. The original really doesn't need to be touched, as it stands it is a classic, but Hollywood is keen on remaking everything now.

I think I've said everything I could ever say about how pointless a lot of remakes are, so whatever at this point, I guess.

It seems the movie industry is just evolving into being some sort of permanent version of the stage: Years go by, a new production is put on, people put their new interpretations onto something. I guess maybe people like me will eventually adapt to this being the norm and get over it, but for now, I still get grumpy when I hear about stuff like this.

I like the subtle tension and use of silence in the original and the idea that an everyday suburban home smack in the middle of a populated neighborhood could be the ground for some horrible evil. The sequel wasn't bad either, and introduced that creepy white haired old preacher guy.

Back
Top Bottom