Persons Unknown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Has anyone caught this show? It's actually pretty interesting.

The premise to me seems like kind of a mix between LOST and SAW. lol.

I've watched 3 episodes on on demand and I'm hooked now.

Persons Unknown

From Academy Award-winning writer Christopher McQuarrie ("The Usual Suspects") and executive producers Heather McQuarrie and Rémi Aubuchon comes "Persons Unknown," a one-hour mystery drama in which a group of seven strangers must come together to solve the puzzle of their lives. All of them have been taken from their everyday lives and have arrived in a deserted town with no recollection of how they got there.

The eclectic group of strangers are Charlie Morse (Alan Ruck, "Spin City"); Janet Cooper (Daisy Betts, "Shutter"); Joe Tucker (Jason Wiles, "Third Watch"); Bill Blackham (Sean O'Bryan, "Six Feet Under"); Moira Doherty (Tina Holmes, "Six Feet Under"); Sergeant Graham McNair (Chadwick Boseman, "Lincoln Heights"); Tori Fairchild (Kate Lang Johnson, "Days of our Lives"); Erika Taylor (Kandyse McClure, "Battlestar Galactica"); Mark Renbe (Gerald Kyd, "Casualty"); and Kat Damatto (Lola Glaudini, "Invincible").

While being held hostage, the strangers are constantly watched by omnipresent "security" cameras with no idea who or what is behind them. Every attempt to leave is thwarted by unforeseen circumstances, which seem to derive from mysterious forces. At every turn, these strangers-turned-comrades are threatened physically, psychologically and emotionally.

Their chance at survival is to rely on each other. But who can they trust in this vulnerable state - either behind those cameras or amongst themselves? Their decisions will have moral and ethical consequences, as alliances are forged and relationships brokered.

yeah, it's ok

it's a bit like the prisoner, too

I gave up on that, but i'll stick with this, not much else is on now.

Lost started out much better,

this is a mini-series, so it should wrap up this season.

Like FlashForward, interesting concept, but the actors and characters are pretty weak.

And some plot stuff is pretty non-sensical. Why did they stop building the signal fire, just because a plane flew over and dropped shit they didn't need? So what?

if you start asking questions with this you are done

like when they are digging a tunnel out

does the whole damn circumference have a magic underground wall that will release poison gas?

anyways, I'm not asking too many questions, it is only a mini-series, and not much else is on

(it's not like you are going to watch it four seasons, and then they will tell you they are all dead or in purgatory)

Dude from Ferris Beullers day off. :up: Haha.
Who's going to see the signal fire anyway though really. Looks like they're out in the complete boonies with nothing around for hundreds of miles.

Maybe not the best show but it got me interested enough to see what happens next. I didnt know it was only a mini series. I guess there was a new episode Monday? I have to go back and watch it on demand.

They probably looked at the cancellation of FlashForward and realized a mini-series was the only sensible thing to aim for. People just don't have the patience for a giant mythology thing unless it's done in a very original fashion with a likable/exciting cast. LOST was an anomaly and it's going to be very hard to recapture that magic.

Sooo Joe is working with the bad guys. That kind of surprised me. Now he's torn because he's falling for Janet. How sweet. Chinese dude that actually speaks perfect English is working for someone above him. And someone killed Tori. :hmm:

This last episode with Erika sure amped up things a bit.

This show is not predictable at all., I'll give it that.

Well that was an interesting season finale. I'd expect there to be a Season 2 then?

I wonder if another network could pick it up? They cant just leave us hanging like that. :angry:

Damn.. just realized I havent heard anything about this show coming back. I was totally into it.

Back
Top Bottom