PERSON OF INTEREST , anyone? Last Season =(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
? "from the jump" = from the start?

I'm pretty sure they'll do agood if not great job in some areas at least!

I decided to see it from the beginning because the premise sounded interesting, and they really built up the characters over time .
who thot that I'd be cheering Root on eventually!

Since I watched Lost I now knew Michael Emerson as an actor, so that was another lead in.

Go team!

Last edited:
:ohmy: wow !

beautiful acting by Emerson as The Machine asks about human death and how he admits to erasing its memory at 11:59 each night... and whyhe does it in his convo with Nathan ( and great to see him back for a last spin)

Root being bad-ass! Poor Fusco getting all this sudden conflicting a tions by his superiors. John running around. Saw his cover had not been blown yet..as Sammy switched the Threat Triangle back to Irrelevant- Ignore!

Oh when The Machine started decompressing and knocked Harold to the ground. Luckily after when they were all trying together to revive ... John to the rescue with the liquid nitrogen!

It'll be great to see Shaw again!

A friend & I hope Taraji as Carter will do a flashback cameo! It as gresat when she that surprize one!

Oh and will Control return... I'm not sure we actually saw her get killed?

As the say GO TEAM MACHINE!!!

Last edited:
Dang not much time to post wow havw these EPs been crazzeee!

poor Samin ! Effing Samaritan! I think Fusco should know and he can decide how to protect his son & self. I yelped when John was "shot" by Shaw, and and Fusco got jabbed with the virus. Loved seeing Root go through all the identities. Code in the radio "interference" so good Root was able to get her message to Shaw. Uh, oh what possible awful fore shadowing could be implied by Ellias talk/warning to Harold!?? Episode with a he guy monitoring certain stats for the police, that was something!
Only 5 more episodes.

Last edited:
gee, HEWSON, couldn't say something positive as well?

Tonight
super
. Omg! Root was killed :sad:
That was a bad jolt when Elias was shot/killed then thot oh.... well maybe that was it ( considering the preview). Shaw and Root rescuing Harold (our strong very competent women!) funny (now bittersweet ) dialouge- discussing metaphysics now?

So glad they finally told Fusco the truth. And now of course the shot of them standing by the river near the bridge all together is so poignant.

John and Fusco fighting their way out of the building of the temp "agency". And that guy becoming the sniper!

Greer telling Harold I'm not going to kill you- I want you alive so that Sammy can one day convince you to join us of your own free will

I wondered if Harold's catre for his friends would be the crucible for him to change his rules. " I'm not talking to you". His slow burn building to his gritted fraught "how far will I go"? And finally The Machines phone call....

Wow. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Also hoping they wrap it up well. I've enjoyed most of it all the way through. The cast has been great. I watched it from day one, but gave up on it not too far in because I didn't "get" Caviezel's portrayal of Reese. Was encouraged to pick it back up though and I'm glad I did. It didn't take long, but once he clicked with me he became one of my favorite characters on any show for a while. :up:

How did Shaw kill a scientist in NY when being held in Johannesburg?
Sloppy writing.

Yeah that's weird. Unless it was supposed to be another simulation, but she was meant to believe it was real. Just more messing with her mind.

Now that it's ending can they reboot Lost with Ben Linus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did Shaw kill a scientist in NY when being held in Johannesburg?
Sloppy writing.

An idea popped into my mind...

Team Sammy - they do have incredible resources .. So if it was real, they could have had Shaw drugged in a certain way, jetted to NYC in a private jet , get in a heavy duty van , find the doctor and assassinate her.

Now that it's ending can they reboot Lost with Ben Linus?

r u being sarcastic ? Just want to read u right

Re LOST
Has not seen ME in anything before. He was quite the character ! I think him being the quiet teacher in the side universe helped me to see his role as Harold very easily.

And Elias. Another favorite :up:

Great scenes between Elias and Harold.

I remember watching the show where Enrico colatoni where he was part of (leader of?) a negotion swat team in syndication as we were introduced to Elias in poi.

And watching Leverage in syndication I caught Kevin chapman.

Just found out caviezel was main character in a movie I liked a lot - Frequency.

One can only hope.

They'd have to cancel Hawaii Five-0 though as most of the balance of the Lost cast is there.

That would be great if the black smoke made an appearance on Hawaii Five-O

One can only hope.

They'd have to cancel Hawaii Five-0 though as most of the balance of the Lost cast is there.

The black smoke could wisk them away to the LOST island, though they don't know it at first.Then they as "5-0" characters start to have experiences that slowly lead them to believe that they are having actual "LOST" like circumstances (including finding the OA 815 wreckage). Finally ME emerges as BL.

Or the black smoke stays and has wisked BL away to Hawaii, where they both proceed to create havoc.

Cross-universes TV ! :D

Last edited:
Another intense episode!

Well that had some tricky things trying to figure out who was trying to get the president! Finding the hidden bomb under the newly painted brick. Walking into the room with all that fancy computer & surveillance stuff. :sigh: John & Fusco at Roots grave. Nicely done. Getting Sameen back in the game. Harry in Kentucky heading to a secret Samaritan server juncture? The Machine trying to convince him to let her help humanity. And what kind of havoc is his attack on Samaritan is going to happen?! Meeting another team Machine group! And one of them being of the people they helped way back, and then another ine midway through. Very cool!

Was hoping we'd see abit of Control helping our team, since we actually didn't see her murdered. Implied, yes, but not seen.

And was that Fusco hitting the ground (as being injured ) in the very last seconds of the preview?!? :(

Only 2 more episodes! What the hell are they going to do! And the title of the last ibe has for me worried. We'll see!

Last edited:
LastTwo Episodes

:ohmy::ohmy::sad::sad::heart: Fucking wow!!!!! loved it (Last two eps)

I hope Hewson & chime in with your thoughts
And anyone else who might have stumbled upon towards the end OR
is starting to watch it through stumbling upon it, or at the enthusiastic
(stubborn, nagging :lol: ) of family or friends!

2nd to last
exe. >
My goodness! Harold knocking out the high level French guy to impersonate him, glad it was a knock out drug and not a bullet. John &Shaw chasing after him. Shaw - why would The Machine send after something we could get at Target. Harry getting caught before he can send the password. The whole big Operations Room of Samaritan. The suspenseful question of why was Greer taking him into this room?

Oh, the the last confrontation/debate between Greer and Harold. Mr Nolan has done such a great turn as the terrifying, authoritarian orientated Greer!
We're building an ark... Samaritan wants the only other partner it could have (fellow "God") . Harrold- You don't know whether your machine will truely protect t human life. I taught my machine to do that. Why we will never join you.

And omg Greer triggering the oxygen depletion. Intense physical drama! The Machines using the router to signal the door code to the phone to Harry! (get out, get outttt!!!) I truly wasn't completely sure he was going to make it!

And him going to get John & Sameen out safely, and then sending the password (found out later it was a character in a Jane Austen novel that Harry had given to Grace as an engagement present).

Fusco p, again , thought he might have bought it, too as Sammy's cop/agent shot him (noooo!). Fusco> while you were busy yapping, you didn'think about me getting a bullet vest) Phew!

Then the mayhem of ice 9 begins.....

Last edited:
Arrggg I lost the damn long post. Start agfain

Hey, comnet get in and say something about the last few EPs. :D

Series Finale
O M G That was amazing! Quietly intense, and then Intensely dramatic, and back and forth.

The darkness...then if you can hear my voice you are alone. Did we win? Lose? It's over. So let me tell you who we were , who you are, and howwe fought back (whoaaaah)

Harold on the roof. Machine > is this now? As her memory begins to slip as she's dying. :( Harold > It's now as I mostly can determine, and it may be the end... I wasn't sure I heard the last word. But then we see him look down at his hand trying to staunch the bleeding. ((oh, no!)

Back timing we see the TV newscasters showing the mayhem of Samartin's and the ?Internet's destruction. Shaw at Roots grave > if this really is the cyber apocalypse ( better sayvgood bye now) And then she hears Rootchine (as some fans called her when she picked Root's voice)

Finch w ?_______, they ask where are we going? And he says to" end this ". And they look quietly startled.

John and Lionel being captured. Their firing squad. Fusco > you made me a change d man, a better man. Wow. Would either or both survive!? Yikes! Killing Elias and then Root in previous EPs made me feel all bets could be off! =(

The machine telling Harold about how to predict people she had to learn all about them. And learning we all die alone... but there's more and she's forgotten. Finch's quietly half hysterical> you found the secret of life...and you've forgot!?! omg!

Back to Harold, John, Shaw bringing Lionel down to the secret subway to meet The Maachine. > you guys are next level nuts! They pair off.

At the Federal Reserve Bank Finch to the guard> I have a thermonuclear device :ohmy: Reese >Oh, Harold I like this new side of you.It's terrifying....but I like it! Sooooo John!
Lol! Down in the vault hidng in plain sight and Harold uploads,the ice 9 to Sammy's back up . oh no one compressed copy gets away. Then bad company arrives. Reese get his last hand-to-hand combat in, midas touch and that's when we see how Finch gets shot.

Last edited:
Stupid 60 min edit limit Slow type on a tablet that messes up up typing because as a left hander zinc I strike sonetimes a bit from left, when not straight down it brings up the leftward letter instead. Does that happen to you right-handers?

Last part
Now Harold sneaks away closing the gate on John how Finch knew John was going to be great employee, but unexpected he also became a good friend. Closing the vault on John, calling out in protest. (me wipes away tears)

Lionel and Shaw with Shaw getting instructions from The Machine to gear up for very ng he subway care out of he secret station! Fusco.. whaaaa?! Bad company arrives, fight and rumble away on the third rail electricity, while Blackwell manages to get without them knowing it. Shaw confronting Roots assassin, Lionel getting her refocus. X he Machine telling how Root thiught of het as a line a sure straight arrow. Sameen blinking away her barely beginning tears.

Poor Lionel getting stabbed gah!! C'mon big guy. You're going to be alright as Shaw shoulders them to safety.

Back to rooftop. Harold starts to hallucinate The Machine as Root. Rootchine>I made many mistakes but we saved some people didn't we? (I' oh, yes you did, Machine [sniffles and tears])

Having Amy reappear as Rootchine was brilliant we get to say a real goodbye to her and More he Machine. Andcshe talks to Harold we see her metaphysically representing the care the The Machine had for Team Machine as Harold had programmed ITV(her) to care for humanity.

She remembering he 'something else' that he cop had said to his partner.
And Harold slowing down in his struggle to stay focused realizes the satilites aren't powerful enough to transmit the Machine's last copy up to the satilite: the wrong building!

And John appears above on the right one . Oh, their back & forth, me crying away. You gave a purpose (again) Pay you back all at once. Harold it w was supposed to be me.

Rootchine and John telling Finch to go! The machine telling Harold she'd stay with John as long as she could. Harold saying his last good bye to John, to The Machine.

Rootchine's hand on John's shoulder as she can direct him at first as Samaritan's operatives hone in on Reese. Shots, and shots and no! Oh, good bye, John....

Shaw finding our recovering Lionel. She claiming Bear. I'll see you when I see you. Fusco> not if I see you first gruff affection.

Finkly Harold finding Grace, and she seeing him! ( happy tears, here)

And the of ning repeated... with h full meaning now... Can you hear, if you can... You are alone...
Just wow and thanks to All the talent of this incredible show!

Last edited:
A heh... a few addendums...I was running out of power on last 2 posts, cause I didn't get to fully recharge my tablet both times. So i missed stuff in the rush And sorry for soooo many typos, and dropped letters etc.

Exe.
Duh! Can't believe I forgot the IAWL style probabilities that The Machine presented to Harold. That it was a good thing he created her.

He with Nathan alive, he declining a date that Nathan/friends suggested . Feeling they could have done something "more" than what hey did.

John dying of a broken heart after he kills his ex-girlfriend's abusive husband, and she rejects him.

Sameen staying with the NSA as an assassin and killing the guy who begone to suspect weird things going, having told no one else yet.

Fusco staying a dirty cop, Only being free but disgraced because he ratted out HR first.And Carter "there" (in absenteeism) having been promoted, as he's in her office talking with the cop he comes in to see. Glad even wo Taraji being there, she was represented.

And finally Root doing her thing ... but with Greer and Samaritan! (shudder!)

Soooo well done!

In Harold's debate with Greer > how his friend Arthur Claypool's code for the nascent Samaritan was good, he was a good man. But you (Greer)'corrupted it.

Return 0
On pure audio visual note - the missle heading towards the building where John and the satilite was, zooming overhead w Fusco & Shaw looking up at the sound. The sight and sound of doom heading for John.

Seeing Reese as a child at his father's funeral, hearing how brave his father had saving several others.

Reese to Fusco> don't die on me. Lionel's retort- Yeah, I love you, too.

Shaw to Fusco > donuts and shooting cardboard cut-out.

IF this sceen was truly done in Times Square where Samaritan confronts Harold (to buy time) it was so awesome/terrifying

Last edited:
60 min rule... :madspit: :lol:

Return 0
Funny how context can of course can be so powerful....
this was a current looking Times Square, not the super gigundo realm of screens in say- Blade Runner... yet even at TmSq more modest (still strikng at night)
appearance w the stakes so high it felt like we were in a space as massive, as intense , as fraught with danger (for Harold and by extension us- if he was captured again, there and failed to escape, or even murdered on the spot) as BR!
Since I live in NYC, had I seen a "call for extras" for that scene.( if filmed there)... Oh, man, I'd have done it for nothing! :love:

And Shaw walking by the ringing phone w Bear, hesitating then taking the call.... here's the revived Machine (!) and walks away back into the crowd a smile slowly emerging on her lips.(new assignments await).

Kudos again for all involved in creating such an incredible 5 years of TV!
Rank it in my top 5 ever!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom