Paul Walker, Fast and the Furious star, dies in car crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is only one take away here, they are dead because they drove 100 per cent reckless on a public street with no regard for their own safety or that of the public.

Any talk of legal driving on a race track where there is an expectation of cars driving at that speed with required open space and set backs is not relevant.

There is only one take away here, they are dead because they drove 100 per cent reckless on a public street with on regard for their own safety of that of the public.

Any talk of legal driving on a race track where there is an expectation of cars driving at that speed with required open space and set backs is not relevant.

I can think of a lot of things that aren't relevant, in this chain of events, but I might just keep them to myself rather than calling them out.

my typos - not relevant, ok?

here's is one, when I was around 22 I got arrested for driving 130+ miles per hour and charged with 'speed contest' and 'reckless driving' on a public street

in retrospect I could have killed or maimed myself, either of the 2 teen age girls in the car I was trying to impress, or anyone on the street or sidewalks,

I was luckier than my poor judgment deserved.

here's is one, when I was around 22 I got arrested for driving 130+ miles per hour and charged with 'speed contest' and 'reckless driving' on a public street

in retrospect I could have killed or maimed myself, either of the 2 teen age girls in the car I was trying to impress, or anyone on the street or sidewalks,

I was luckier than my poor judgment deserved.

Its nice to know you are not immune to doing stupid things like the rest of us. We're lucky to live and tell about it later, unfortunately for Walker and company, they were not so lucky. Obviously driving 100 mph on a public road was not a wise choice.

Cars today accelerate faster than they did when you were 22, I would only imagine, and the sensation of speed isn't the same today as it was 30 years ago. I think driving at the legal speed of 75 mph on a hwy in Texas in a new 4 cylinder turbo sedan is not very dramatic at all, whereas driving the same speed in a motorcycle you would really feel like you were going at least 75mph. Try doing that speed on water in a jet boat, its quite a different feeling altogether.

I don't know what my point here is, other than its easy to go fast and not realize it the way todays cars run. Of course we know that the Porsche driving 100+ wasn't an accident it was a couple of buds who were out joyriding in a limited edition factory race car when they met a tragic fate.

I don't know why you and I were lucky and they were not, I guess its fate. But the important thing is we have hopefully learned from our past and will make better decisions in the future.

For the record the fastest Ive ever travelled as a driver is 245 km/h which is about 147mph or so...somehow managed to avoid being pulled over or killing myself/others.

It was fucking incredible, scary, dangerous, completely foolhardy..and I'll never do it again....although I absolutely would love to be a race car driver.

please dont shout at me mods and interferencers! I use a net cafe to use a comp and havent been online for ages, so please forgive me for boosting this to say that I was also sorry to hear about Pauls untimely death, and such a shame as I only know him thru F&F franchise, so big big shame! Love the F&F as its all fast hot cars and fast characters (which I love!), and the 1st one will always be the best to me! :up:

RIP to Paul also (thou its been few months)

Take it easy, homegirl. People bump old threads all of the time. This one is still reasonably new. It's a shame that Paul died at a relatively young age, but at least he passed on doing what he enjoyed: Going fast in cars. :|

Back
Top Bottom