Patti Smith - Dream of Life. The Film.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
25879sy.jpg

I've been hearing about this for so long now and it's finally coming to the UK next year some time - anyone else seen it/going to see it? I've heard nothing but good reviews, and given the subject and the ten year period over which it's been made, I can't see it being anything less than amazing.

YouTube - Patti Smith - Dream of Life (2008)

I'll buy this when it comes out on dvd too, but somehow I'd much prefer to see it at the cinema. Big films generally have more impact on a big screen.

I'll buy this when it comes out on dvd too, but somehow I'd much prefer to see it at the cinema. Big films generally have more impact on a big screen.

I feel the same way. A movie in a cinema is a unique experience especially for something musical related. The sound in the theatre gives it a live feeling and you forget you are just watching a giant screen. :up: It isn't set to play anywhere near here through April. They don't tend to play many documentaries here which is a shame. :down:

I hope you get to catch it in a cinema. :up:

I feel the same way. A movie in a cinema is a unique experience especially for something musical related. The sound in the theatre gives it a live feeling and you forget you are just watching a giant screen. :up: It isn't set to play anywhere near here through April. They don't tend to play many documentaries here which is a shame. :down:

I hope you get to catch it in a cinema. :up:

Same here - they rarely show things near me that aren't big, blockbuster hits unless they're in the smaller theatres which aren't as good for the Music. So, who knows :shrug: I hope you get to see it at some point - it's been showing for quite a while in the US I think?

My parents went without me. :(

You officially have the coolest parents ever!

.... because they saw the patti smith film, not because they saw it without you :shifty: :lol:

Same here - they rarely show things near me that aren't big, blockbuster hits unless they're in the smaller theatres which aren't as good for the Music. So, who knows :shrug: I hope you get to see it at some point - it's been showing for quite a while in the US I think?

It has been but it seems like it is only being shown a few weeks in select cities and at festivals.

By the way, in 15 minutes or so on RTE's The View they'll be discussing it and there will be the two U2 live tracks. :up:

http://www.rte.ie/live/

I hope you guys enjoy this film as much I have:D

I never got the chance of seeing it on the big screen back in October. :sad: It was screening here in Melbourne as part of our International Arts Festival ... and the first screening, Patti Smith was in attendance at the end in a questions/answers session .... arrrr! I would of given my right arm to be there!!!!

I bought the dvd as soon as it was released and have watch it many times over ... I just love it :heart:

I think I'm still on a high after seeing Patti and her band perform in concert recently ... there just isn't words good enough to describe how amazing I think she is!!

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom