Patrick Swayze - Cancer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From Perez:

We're still praying those reports that Patrick Swayze has terminal pancreatic cancer are untrue.

His publicist has yet to issue a statement.

However, a very good source just told us the following:

"Patrick has been at rehearsals for a new cheer leading movie at century city studio frequently lately, and he definitely does not look like he has 5 more weeks of life left…im not sure of his medical condition(s), but if he is gravely ill, he is hiding it very well."

Let's hope he is not as gravely ill ("5 Weeks Left To Live") as is being reported!

ladywithspinninghead said:
I'm surprised a National Enquirer article is getting so much traction from other news sources...anyway, let's hope it's not true :no:

I think it might be catching on because Patrick Swayze's been out of the spotlight for so long, this is sparking something in people.

Yeah, if the Enquirer was the primary source of this story, I wouldn't start crying yet.

According to what I can see from the checkout lines at the grocery store, they think every celebrity is on death's door.

corianderstem said:
Yeah, if the Enquirer was the primary source of this story, I wouldn't start crying yet.

According to what I can see from the checkout lines at the grocery store, they think every celebrity is on death's door.

True, but it's rare when it starts being mentioned in the mainstream press.

wow...

I don't know what to say about that, Im sorry for him and his family, that's for sure.

He's never been a favorite of mine or anything but Cancer just plain sucks.

I'm still hoping this is some sort of hoax...

Last edited:
That is so sad. Pancreatic cancer is one of the most lethal forms of cancer, tragically. I know he's been married to the same lady for quite a while, I don't know if they have any kids.

This is from Pink Is the New Blog:

Twinkle-toed tough guy Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and might only have weeks to live, a rep for the dirty dancer said yesterday. Swazyze's publicist confirmed to Page Six that he's suffering from pancreatic cancer, which could tragically bring down the curtain on his remarkably diverse career. Swazye was diagnosed with the cancer more than a month ago. The average life expectancy is six to nine months, with only 4 percent of patients live more than five years.

Very sad

:sigh:
Too many actors are going these days. Let's hope Swayze recovers somehow.

The following update has been added to the link someone posted confirming the news:

UPDATE: His rep issued this statement to TMZ, "Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Patrick's physician Dr. George Fisher states, 'Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.' Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

Here's hoping they can fully eradicate it :up:

Back
Top Bottom