Parks and Recreation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ron-dancing-animated.gif

:lol::applaud:

"It's never too early to learn that the government is a piglet that suckles at the taxpayer's teat until it has sore, chapped nipples."

Ron Swanson once again summing up my life.

This is a little dumb but I didn't quite understand it until it was spelled out in a season-finale article: because of the delay until midseason, there were only 15 episodes this season as opposed to a normal 22. :madwife:

Now that HIMYM and Community have finished I'm streaming season three of this show... How come only 16 eps? Or is it an Office-type deal with a number of 25/30/40 minute episodes?

Edit. If I'd simply scrolled up I'd've seen mobvok answered the question. Any reason for the delay though?

Now that HIMYM and Community have finished I'm streaming season three of this show... How come only 16 eps? Or is it an Office-type deal with a number of 25/30/40 minute episodes?

Edit. If I'd simply scrolled up I'd've seen mobvok answered the question. Any reason for the delay though?

The false alarm going around a year ago once this delay was first announced was that Amy Poehler's pregnancy was somehow involved, but that wasn't it, apparently.

:shrug: The head of NBC got fired after years of gross incompetence and driving the network into the ground, I'm willing to bet that it was a stupid gamble so something like Outsourced might find a home on Thursdays in the fall. Of course, at the start of this year when Parks returned the network expanded from 2 to 3 hours of comedy (Community/Paul Reiser/The Office/Parks/30 Rock/Outsourced) on Thursdays so I don't even know.

Good first ep. Rob Lowe is such an amazing addition to this cast, I had no idea he could do funny so well.

I'll try not to comment on each ep as I watch it.

I went to the "Parks & Recreation" panel last night at the Television Academy, so much fun. The writers convened for the first time yesterday to plan out the next season, picking up from all the cliffhangers in the season finale. They haven't cast the role of Tammy 1 yet so co-creator Michael Schur said he's looking for suggestions. The panel was filmed and should be on the Emmy.tv site soon.

And for any "Party Down" fans, Adam Scott said a movie was being planned to tie up all those loose ends.

Hell yeah, me too.

Also, I don't think I commented yet, but I loved the final episodes on Thursday. This shortened season was nothing less than fucking phenomenal.

It was perfect timing for it to get even better too, because I thought Community went slightly downhill this season.

Greater scope, slightly less laughs, but still a hell of a great season.

What's this Party Down? Another great TV show I should look into? Before this show I only knew Adam Scott from golf Step Brothers.

Yeah, Party Down was a comedy that ran for two seasons on Starz and got canceled around this time last year.

Really great shit. Check it out.

Anyone have a gif of Ron & Tammy fighting in the bar, when five or six policeman all ran over going "what's going on here?" that was fucking hilarious. "A real piece of work."

Finished the season. Great stuff. Not a bad episode. It was more consistent than Community but I think I just like Community a bit more.

Andy got "super" annoying "super" quick. (But him saying what's 5000 times better than Candle in the Wind cracked my shit up.) Unlike everyone else I'm still not a big fan of April. (Dunno if you're a Neutral Milk Hotel fan, imps, but if you are, I assume it would have caused excitement near the level of Annie-as-a-Texan.) Still feel sorry for Gerry. Changed my mind re: Leslie's looks, and Amy Poehler, sheeeeezus is she an amazing actor. Ron Swanson is my favourite character on TV now as well. Just knocks it out of the park every week, and I eagerly look forward to meeting Tammy 1.

NBCUNIVERSAL AND HYPERION BOOKS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO PUBLISH NEW BOOK ‘PAWNEE: THE GREATEST TOWN IN AMERICA’

First Book Based on Hit NBC Series “Parks and Recreation” Will Feature a Hilarious and Historical Tour of Pawnee -- Complete with Other Characters’ Commentary, Photographs and Illustrations

Release Hits Bookstores October 4, 2011

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. -- June 14, 2011 – NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products Group and Hyperion Books announced today that they will publish “Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America,” a book written from the perspective of show character Leslie Knope (portrayed by Emmy Award nominee Amy Poehler). Knope serves as Deputy Director of the Parks and Recreation department for Pawnee, Indiana on the hit NBC series “Parks and Recreation” (Thursdays, 8:30-9 p.m. ET).

The 240-page book, which includes illustrations, photographs, and other characters’ commentaries, will hit bookstores on October 4, 2011. Pottinger Nichols, the literary licensing agency for NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products Group, brokered the deal.

Each chapter will explore a different aspect of the fictional town’s history and expand upon events hinted at in the series, such as: the time the whole town was on fire, its long list of ridiculous town slogans, and the ongoing raccoon infestation. Knope, a resident of Pawnee since her childhood, provides all of the research and comical insights into this Midwestern town that fans have grown to love.

“If you like small towns with big ideas, this book is for you!” said Poehler. “And here’s hoping that Indianapolis will play Pawnee when they turn this book into a movie!”

“The ever-expanding town of Pawnee has become its own character in our show, and we're thrilled that we got to accelerate that expansion in one giant, goofy 240-page comedy book,” said Mike Schur, co-creator and executive producer of the series. “It's a complete portrait of Everytown, USA, which every reader -- whether a fan of the show or a newbie -- can enjoy."

"This book is such a fun read, you'll be smiling page after page. It’s a snapshot of small town, America filled with laugh-out-loud historical remembrances and local tributes,” said Kim Niemi, Senior Vice President, NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products Group. “Here's to Leslie Knope for capturing the spirit of Pawnee for readers everywhere.”

Of the deal, Hyperion Books editor Matt Inman said, “We are absolutely thrilled to be publishing ‘Pawnee,’ written by some of the most talented writers and actors working in television today. “Pawnee” is an absolutely hilarious look at one of America’s great small towns. Both ‘Parks and Recreation’ and Amy Poehler fans will love it.”

“Parks and Recreation” returns to NBC for its fourth season this fall on Thursdays (8:30-9 p.m. ET).

DisplayMedia.ashx

Just saw this on Twitter. So excited for the new season!!

@JimOHeir
Tomorrow I'll be on the set of Parks and Rec. with Tammy Zero, Tammy One and Tammy Two. Shit's gonna fly! I'll try to post a pic.

Back
Top Bottom