Parks and Recreation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The show was pretty much done though. The whole 2017 was due in part to how season 6 ended, which as you know, was supposed to be the final season apparently. Yeah, season 7 was hit or miss and it was obvious that NBC kind of gave up I guess. There were a few good episodes, like the Leslie and Ron episode.

I felt that this was the best season since the 4th, when Leslie was running for office. Seasons 5 and 6 seemed to be running on fumes. I haven't watched them since broadcast but it was like the sharp edges had been filed off and was all fuzzy all the time. Plus they were running out of stories for half the cast. The time jump before the end gave the humour a welcome jolt before giving everyone a happy ending. Yes it was sappy and unbelievable, but every character moment felt right, sometimes cathartic, and I'm glad to see the show over in a warm, rosy glow.

Wasn't expecting to feel meloncholic after it's over. Can only pray that Community can take a stab at respectability this season.

The writers sure did a good job of making certain characters annoying in seasons 5 and 6 then of course made them not be annoying at times too. That's what I loved about the show.

I wasn't a big fan of how it ended. I was hoping that not everyone would be this cheesy, typical success BS. The show always thrived on originality in its characters, but then they ended it so cliche. Really disappointed; the show went downhill after season 5.
Seasons 3-5 were the prime of the show, it's too bad the rest of the show was so inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Concerning characters being annoying or whatever, it's interesting to note how they ran out of material for certain ones. Like Andy and April are the funniest people in the first two or three seasons and then they pretty much ran out of anything new to give them after that. Tom was probably the most up-and-down of the entire cast. Sometimes had the best material, sometimes had the worst.

On the plus side, they never focused too heavily on any one character and let it drag down the show. I remember The Office relied way too heavily on Dwight, and later, Andy and it often sunk the show with it.

That trade at the end of Season 2 of the boring guy for Ben and Chris might be the greatest cast-member switch in television history. Both of those characters were show highlights and never really wore out their welcome for me.

I generally agree with what you're saying there, though I think you're giving Chris's character more credit than he deserves. Ben, however, was probably the most consistent character in the show, and was definitely the driving force in taking the show from good to great.

The wife and I have been dipping back into the past season DVDs for the first time and just realized the wealth of deleted scenes included. Each episode has 5-10 minutes of extra scenes and it's all cracking stuff. Nice to know that even though it's over, there's still hours worth of material we haven't seen yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom