Parks and Recreation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I caught up on the latest episodes this weekend. Good stuff.

"The only thing I hate worse than lying is skim milk. Which is water, lying about being milk."

"I'll have the Number 8."
"But that serves 12 people."
"I know what I'm about, son."

I've never really enjoyed the other characters hating on Jerry. Ever since the show started. Thought this episode was pretty average, the scene at the Gergich's and Donna aside.

Ann and April road trip!

Kristen Bell!

Chris Bosh!

This season is off to a roaring start. Meant to bump earlier to say that I thought the season premiere was a blast.

I was hoping I wasn't the only left watching it! The season premiere was sensational. I hope Peter Serafinowicz is a regular. And Heidi Klum!

Ron's utter disdain for Europe was amazing.

Billy Eichner. Have you ever seen his show? He rolls around Manhattan with a camera crew and asks people about pop culture and then yells at them. It's hilarious.

What'd y'all think of the Chris/Ann farewell episode? My favorite part was definitely the final goodbye between April and Ann. Awww. Their relationship has always been pretty damn funny. Come to think of it, April's relationship with everybody on the show has been great.

I also really liked the final shot, panning up to show Pawnee with Petty's "Wildflowers" playing. Great shot, great song.

I'm really going to miss Chris. (And Ann, I suppose.)

My favorite part was April muttering "I love you" to her.

8 episodes behind. The journey toward the finale begins now with the episode entitled THE WALL.

Holy fuck this is great. Seems like Billy might be settling into his role. And that scene with the bees is hilarious.

Has the departure of Ann and Chris given the show some room to breathe? Great start to this run of episodes.

I did not see the end of the season finale coming.

Actual spoiler:
When a show time jumps into the future and everyone is happy and doing their dream job and it's all worked out swimmingly, I think, well okay, this must be the series finale, right? I had to actually google "Parks and Rec Series Finale" to be assured that there is actually a next season.

I had the exact same thought.

At first I was kind of annoyed, and then I realized it was wise, as now we don't have to deal with the whole pregnancy trope. (Although knowing it's a smart show, I'd have been surprised if they'd done something cliched with it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for editing to use spoiler tags, Diemen. I totally spaced that GAF just said he was 8 episodes behind.

:)

I'm like thirteen episodes behind and can't decide whether to catch up on this, Community, or New Girl.

Parks and Rec finished really strong but was perhaps their worst season after S1. Community finished weak and while infinitely better than S4, continued the slow S3 decline. New Girl is just kind of there.

It's sad to see former favourites decline even though still far from terrible. But at least this year / season Brooklyn Nine Nine, Rick and Morty and Review all started. Can't wait for new Louie and Nathan For You either.

Back
Top Bottom