Parks and Recreation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I think Louis CK was fine his first time on the show.

He's not on there to play Louis CK as you know him from his standup and from Louie.

I loved seeing Louie C.K. and Adam Scott trying to out-awkward each other, but it seemed a bit weird and creepy and out-of-character when Dave started trying to get Leslie alone so he could win her back and handcuffed Ben. I remembered Dave being goofy and sweet, not a psycho. But I'm willing to overlook it because I haven't laughed this much during an episode for quite some time, and he did seem to realize at the end that he was out of line.

Not so sure how I feel about the whole Tom/Ann thing. I love both characters, don't get me wrong, but as a couple? I'm on the fence about it. Something seemed a bit off to me in this episode tonight.

But it was salvaged by another classic Ron moment toward the end of the episode. His final speech to Leslie was brilliant.

I'm with you re: Tan. Wasn't Ann just doing it so he would stop bugging her? Why is she taking it so seriously? Terrible, confusing subplot.

This is the first time anyone has criticised this show. :lol:

I'm not buying it either. Much funnier when Ann hated him. Tom has seemed like a caricature of himself for quite a few episodes now and that's really bumming me out.

I liked it better when he was with Lucy.

This episode was pretty ordinary but was unsurprisingly saved by Ron Swanson. His smile when the guy read out the link to the jpg, the line about using something to something else during his speech to Leslie, and then "are these all the eggs we have?" "yes, what are you making?" "eggs."

The show's greatest moment?

tumblr_lxpx9xZGDC1r8ox8do1_500.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW1YBdXd1CE

I don't find Perd interesting or funny in the slightest. I'm guessing it's a dig at hare-brained TV hosts during the Presidential debates, but I'm not really privy to that.

Everything I'm wearing is made of suede.

What the fuck are you doing, Cobb Hapley? Perd is likely my favorite ancillary character. But the local newsman thing they nail so perfectly with him might be more of an American phenomenon. So perhaps we'll let you slide on this one.*

Pawnee reminds me of Springfield so much at this point.

"Let me slide down what?" Perd would say.

With every episode, I adore this show more and more. Leslie buzzing with excitement over Joe Biden was one of the best moments and all of her random mentions of Ben's slightness had me laughing out loud. (I've met Adam Scott and he really isn't that small in person, but somehow on the show he manages to appear scrawny.)

One of the best Perd-isms of the night, “Let’s begin this show by starting it.”

The panel was so great. All of the episodes for the season have been filmed. We will find out the results of the election in the final episode and two endings were filmed--one where Leslie wins and one where she loses. I think the producers decided which version they'll use, but producer/co-creator Mike Schur (who played Dwight's cousin Mose!) mentioned editing was still being done on the remaining episodes, so maybe they haven't.

Back
Top Bottom