Paris Hilton - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #31
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 05:14 AM
She should get jail time like normal people.
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:32 AM   #32
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
Fer sure....I'm sure she's got handbags, shoes and gowns costing much more than $2k. This just makes me sick. People like Paris in these situations should in addition to heftier fines be forced to do hundreds of hours of community service. It's just not fair.
But the law doesn't work that way. Do you really want to go down a slippery slope of judging people you dislike differently than people you deem "better" human beings? I know it's hard for people to accept, but Paris had a good lawyer and he advised her to plead guilty to accept a lesser charge. The lesser charge was offered to her by the DA. It happens every, single day to rich and poor people alike. If she doesn't have any priors, this sentence was entirely appropriate.
__________________

__________________
BAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #33
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
Fer sure....I'm sure she's got handbags, shoes and gowns costing much more than $2k. This just makes me sick. People like Paris in these situations should in addition to heftier fines be forced to do hundreds of hours of community service. It's just not fair.
...she is doing hundreds of hours of community service. 200 to be exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAW View Post
But the law doesn't work that way. Do you really want to go down a slippery slope of judging people you dislike differently than people you deem "better" human beings? I know it's hard for people to accept, but Paris had a good lawyer and he advised her to plead guilty to accept a lesser charge. The lesser charge was offered to her by the DA. It happens every, single day to rich and poor people alike. If she doesn't have any priors, this sentence was entirely appropriate.
this is true. lord knows i know "regular" people who have managed to never spend a night in jail even after having drug charges. and i mean that in a good way.

is this her first offense? i could've sworn she'd gotten in trouble for this before but i could be confusing her with lindsey lohan. if it is then fine, everyone deserves a second chance. if it's not though then it's shitty if she can keep pleading to lesser charges and not ever having to "pay" for her crimes.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:49 AM   #34
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
...she is doing hundreds of hours of community service. 200 to be exact.


this is true. lord knows i know "regular" people who have managed to never spend a night in jail even after having drug charges. and i mean that in a good way.

is this her first offense? i could've sworn she'd gotten in trouble for this before but i could be confusing her with lindsey lohan. if it is then fine, everyone deserves a second chance. if it's not though then it's shitty if she can keep pleading to lesser charges and not ever having to "pay" for her crimes.
I think she was arrested or detained in South Africa for smoking weed, but I don't know how that would affect her record here in the US. But yeah, most first time drug offenders get probation, diversion classes, fines and community service. They only go to jail if they seriously mess with the courts by not completing their court ordered responsibilities. It takes at lot to actually go to jail for a small amount of drugs. The same with DUI's. You almost always get a chance to avoid jail, but Paris and Lindsay both ended up behind bars because they didn't take their probation conditions seriously.
__________________

__________________
BAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com