Paris Hilton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fer sure....I'm sure she's got handbags, shoes and gowns costing much more than $2k. This just makes me sick. People like Paris in these situations should in addition to heftier fines be forced to do hundreds of hours of community service. It's just not fair.

But the law doesn't work that way. Do you really want to go down a slippery slope of judging people you dislike differently than people you deem "better" human beings? I know it's hard for people to accept, but Paris had a good lawyer and he advised her to plead guilty to accept a lesser charge. The lesser charge was offered to her by the DA. It happens every, single day to rich and poor people alike. If she doesn't have any priors, this sentence was entirely appropriate.

Fer sure....I'm sure she's got handbags, shoes and gowns costing much more than $2k. This just makes me sick. People like Paris in these situations should in addition to heftier fines be forced to do hundreds of hours of community service. It's just not fair.
...she is doing hundreds of hours of community service. 200 to be exact.

But the law doesn't work that way. Do you really want to go down a slippery slope of judging people you dislike differently than people you deem "better" human beings? I know it's hard for people to accept, but Paris had a good lawyer and he advised her to plead guilty to accept a lesser charge. The lesser charge was offered to her by the DA. It happens every, single day to rich and poor people alike. If she doesn't have any priors, this sentence was entirely appropriate.
this is true. lord knows i know "regular" people who have managed to never spend a night in jail even after having drug charges. and i mean that in a good way.

is this her first offense? i could've sworn she'd gotten in trouble for this before but i could be confusing her with lindsey lohan. if it is then fine, everyone deserves a second chance. if it's not though then it's shitty if she can keep pleading to lesser charges and not ever having to "pay" for her crimes.

...she is doing hundreds of hours of community service. 200 to be exact.

this is true. lord knows i know "regular" people who have managed to never spend a night in jail even after having drug charges. and i mean that in a good way.

is this her first offense? i could've sworn she'd gotten in trouble for this before but i could be confusing her with lindsey lohan. if it is then fine, everyone deserves a second chance. if it's not though then it's shitty if she can keep pleading to lesser charges and not ever having to "pay" for her crimes.

I think she was arrested or detained in South Africa for smoking weed, but I don't know how that would affect her record here in the US. But yeah, most first time drug offenders get probation, diversion classes, fines and community service. They only go to jail if they seriously mess with the courts by not completing their court ordered responsibilities. It takes at lot to actually go to jail for a small amount of drugs. The same with DUI's. You almost always get a chance to avoid jail, but Paris and Lindsay both ended up behind bars because they didn't take their probation conditions seriously.

Back
Top Bottom