Oscars Talk Thread 2013: It's a big night for Affleck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was underwhelmed with the big Bond mash-up. It just looked like a bunch of stuff with some half-assed cliche Bond visuals thrown on top of it.

At least they recognized a film franchise that's been around for 50 years, and had this awesome musical performance. Like Mel said, 2 Oscar's ever.

how come duran duran wasn't asked to play a view to a kill?

I just had higher expectations for the tribute.

I'll tell you what, to me, it got the job done. As I've mentioned a few times, until two months ago, I had never seen a Bond film, save for 45 minutes each of Goldfinger and Never Say Never Again. Now I've seen Dr. No and From Russia With Love.

After that montage, I'm dying to get to the rest of them as quickly as possible.

what's up with putting the smaller category nominees in their own little holding pen?

Those box seats look like the things Qui-gon and the gang watched the pod race in

It's bugging me that they're having the presenters swap sides when they're presenting two awards. I'm not fooled, Academy! I know they're the same people from moments earlier!

I'm amused by Liam presenting Lincoln. Ya know, cause he was like, supposed to play him forever.

Back
Top Bottom