Old 02-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #481
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:13 AM
I fucking knew it

Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #482
The Male

Local Time: 10:13 PM
I thought Seth sucked because I DO have a sense of humor.

All the jagoff Family Guy fans in comments sections everywhere are trying to pretend the only people who hated it were old people. I felt like the jokes were older than Seth himself. lololol Chris Brown beats women lololol Adele is fat hey how about airline food?

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #483
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I felt like the jokes were older than Seth himself. lololol Chris Brown beats women lololol Adele is fat hey how about airline food?
Well, ya, but there were a few good ones thrown in there. But you're right.. had it gone any longer we might've got "take my wife.... please"
Old 02-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #484
The Male

The bit about Jessica Chastain and women never letting anything go was both tragically lazy and yeah pretty funny.

Seth is more of a cheesy variety show kind of guy than stand-up comedian. I wasn't expecting Louis CK but he would have done better focusing on material relevant to the evening, which he did he did once in a while.

Now.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I thought Seth sucked because I DO have a sense of humor.

All the jagoff Family Guy fans in comments sections everywhere are trying to pretend the only people who hated it were old people. I felt like the jokes were older than Seth himself. lololol Chris Brown beats women lololol Adele is fat hey how about airline food?
you are going to be a minority opinion on this one, of course it does not mean you are not right from you point of view, and this is subjective

but in the overall picture, Seth wins

Some critics skewer MacFarlane, but Oscars' ratings up

I missed the part about him saying Adelle is fat? of course she knows it, she is a fat girl along with being very talented, bully for her.

She does not have to be a fat girl, Jennifer Hudson was a fat girl with talent, now she is not fat with talent.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #486
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

you are going to be a minority opinion on this one, of course it does not mean you are not right from you point of view, and this is subjective

but in the overall picture, Seth wins

Some critics skewer MacFarlane, but Oscars' ratings up

I missed the part about him saying Adelle is fat? of course she knows it, she is a fat girl along with being very talented, bully for her.

She does not have to be a fat girl, Jennifer Hudson was a fat girl with talent, now she is not fat with talent.
The Adele fat joke was when he said "rex reed will be on to criticize you next," after get performance, referring to a time fairly recently when he insulted someone for their weight, I can't remember who now.

Now.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #487
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Let's pretend all comments are from a central, autonomous post generator

But you'd be a far greater asset to humanity if you'd find some more side boobs for us to look at... go... now!

I have nothing germane for this thread, and I have managed to stay out of the Star Wars thread, I also think ink is best on paper. However this image almost got posted there
Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The Adele fat joke was when he said "rex reed will be on to criticize you next," after get performance, referring to a time fairly recently when he insulted someone for their weight, I can't remember who now.

yeah, I heard "Rex Reed"

that sounds more like a dig at Rex Reed for being an ass

and as I said, I am sure Adelle knows she is fat as does everyone else and she still is loved,
I loved her acceptance speech, she seemed very sincere and humble.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #489
Blue Crack Addict

Somebody at The Onion needs an ass kicking

I am not a fan of this movie, but picking on kids is so not cool

Quote:

Satirical website The Onion has apologized following a tweet it sent out about 9-year-old Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis.

During Sunday’s Academy Awards broadcast, the official Onion Twitter account posted a harsh message about the “Beasts of the Southern Wild Star” that has the Twitterverse up in arms.

“Everyone else seems afraid to say it, but that Quvenzhané Wallis is kind of a cunt, right? #Oscars2013,” the tweet read.

But users immediately came to Wallis’ defense, slamming the satirical site for the “joke.”

And though The Onion deleted the tweet shortly after posting it, plenty of users managed to get screen shots of the offending message.

“The Onion was tasteless for that tweet. It’s never okay to use that word towards anyone, especially someone's child,” one user wrote.

“Calling a 9 year old child a c-word in one of the biggest nights of her life was going too far even for the onion. Classless,” another echoed.

Some users even pledged to stop subscribing to The Onion’s Twitter feed.

Read more: The Onion apologizes after it posts vulgar tweet about Quvenzhane Wallis | Fox News
Old 02-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #490
The Male

Yeah Adele is great and I was glad to see her so warmly received. I just want her to lose weight for her health. I think she has a lot of great music ahead.

I totally get the joke behind that Onion tweet and I smiled, but yeah, they went too far with it. Which is, of course, the point.

Now.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #491
Blue Crack Addict

kids need to be off limit, when she goes back to school kids may start calling her that, school kids have twitter these days

I don't think this is that much of an issue, I doubt the kid even understood the joke

Quote:
Oscar host Seth MacFarlane also joked about the young star during the ceremony. Some found the quip offensive, albeit not to the degree of the outrage over The Onion's tweet. MacFarlane joked that "it'll be 16 years before she's too old for" George Clooney.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #492
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Seth is more of a cheesy variety show kind of guy
Yes, that's the description I was looking for. I think it's fitting for the setting. It's a bit rat pack-esque or something... maybe with a touch less class... more than a touch
Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #493
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I have nothing germane for this thread, and I have managed to stay out of the Star Wars thread, I also think ink is best on paper. However this image almost got posted there
oh, daddy likey
Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #494
Blue Crack Distributor

It was Melissa McCarthy about whom Rex Reed was a total dickbag. And I too read it more as a slam on Reed than on Adele.

I generally like Family Guy and think McFarlane is talented, but I was disappointed with him. It wasn't even that it was juvenile or offensive (I mean, hello, I like Family Guy), much of it just wasn't funny to me.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #495
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2girl View Post
So does that make DDL the best actor in Hollywood of all time ? No one else won 3 times ...

surprising to see Affleck and Spielberg both missing out on Best Director.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
Yes, it's an irrefutable fact now.
I know you're being facetious, Lance, but I'd argue he's still second to Brando, who was just as much of a chameleon, yet didn't seem to need to work nearly as hard to achieve the results. Brando's voice wasn't as malleable, but he had a mastery of accents and was uncannily believable and natural in everything he did.

On The Waterfront, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Young Lions, Last Tango In Paris, Guys And Dolls, Julius Caesar The Missouri Breaks, Reflections In A Golden Eye, The Formula, The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, even Teahouse Of The August Moon (where he plays a Japanese man)...this range eclipses anyone else I can think of.