OSCARS - Acadamy Awards !! - do we even care???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
I do.

I think 2011 was a good year for films and there were mostly good nominations, with a couple of head scratchers.

I popped in but had nothing to say yet. :)

You know me, I'll be around later. I figure I'll start watching the red carpet later, when the big stars arrive. I don't need to see what the key grips and best boys are wearing.

Crap, I need to do my ballot before tonight.

Heading to an after work Oscar party to watch the telecast about 6 hours after it actually finished. This is where Australia stumbles.

What is this? Who is Oscar? I've never heard of this.

oscar-the-grouch-645-75.jpg

I've never been less invested in a year's nominees I don't think. Still I went through the trouble of hooking my computer up in such as way so as to watch a pirated stream on my projector and still be able to use the internet, having canceled my cable a few months ago. Yay.

good for you

The Artist is going to walk away, Hugo will get some, too.
The ladies from The Help will clean up.

I tend to watch the red carpet show on mute. In Canada, our main option is Ben Mulroney, and he's a heinous douchebag and I refuse to give him the business. Thankfully I have a Seattle channel that's airing a red carpet show, but these people aren't much better. Muting it is!

Michelle Williams' dress is lovely, but that thing around the middle is a bit much.

Also, I think Maya Rudolph is really pretty.

May I just say that even though that Charlize Theron commercial for Dior is dumb because it's got dead Marilyn Monroe in it, it rocks because:

a) It's got Heavy Cross by Gossip as the soundtrack

and

b) I cannot get over how fucking beautiful Charlize Theron is in that goddamn gold dresss. I mean, wow. No one should be that gorgeous. There oughta be a law.

Theron and Mara are two of my favorite ladies lately, want this shitty stream to show me the good people plz.

What, you don't want to see what P. Diddy is wearing?

I think Glenn Close is all kinds of fabulous.

Her sister's dress is much better.

She was in the background while Seacrest was yammering, and it took me a good minute to place her. Oh! Crazy dead girl on American Horror Story!

Ha, Sacha Baron Cohen showed up in character as The Dictator, carrying a fake urn of Kim Jong-il's ashes, and he just purposely dumped the ashes all over Seacrest's suit live on air. Good stuff.

Emma's dress is stunning! Definitely on the best dressed list for sure.

Ha, Sacha Baron Cohen showed up in character as The Dictator, carrying a fake urn of Kim Jong-il's ashes, and he just purposely dumped the ashes all over Seacrest's suit live on air. Good stuff.

What?! :lol: Is he really covered in ashes?! I don't have the Ryan Seacrest channel, but I'm intrigued.

Back
Top Bottom