OSCARS - Acadamy Awards !! - do we even care???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you are talking about the animation shorts, three of the 5 were terrible, barely watchable, the Flying Books and an Australian one were good.

The 5 live shorts were all decent.

I wonder what the general market for non-Pixar animation shorts is? A decent amount of box office probably comes from those Oscar compilation shows.

I wonder what the general market for non-Pixar animation shorts is? A decent amount of box office probably comes from those Oscar compilation shows.

the Australian one was a bit like the pixar style, the other 4 were simple to modest animation. The Flying Books closed big with sentimentality, that even won over a cynic like me.

Glad that Artist guy got himself a nice statue for poorly recreating things that were great 60 years ago.

Hey, I was right re the singer!

Also "I've never had any of those feelings" was his funniest line of the night.

Ooh, Swan Lake. Now I'll have that in my head for three days.

Maybe this is a contest for the Best Actress to prove it by trying to sell this fluff job.

Eh. I didn't see what the fuss was about for Moneyball or Tree of Life. (Although I liked Moneyball. I just don't see what was so great about it.)

I am happy I watched Moneyball after Tree of Life, so I could let Brad Pitt the regular guy wipe away the memory of Brad Pitt the asshole dad.

Guy remains a nobody playing Not-James-Bond in mediocre spy movie imitation. Guy wins Academy Award playing Not-Gene Kelly in mediocre silent film/Singin' in the Rain imitation.

Back
Top Bottom