Oscar Nominations & Awards Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was Pierre Balmain

81st_CruzP_02.jpg

81st_CruzP_01.jpg

My favorite red carpet moment was Taraji Henson showing her tattoo of her father- when she lifted her dress you could see her Spanx (and they were just like the ones I have :wink: ) I bet most of the women were wearing them. I'll never have the dress or the jewels or the looks, but I can have the Spanx... :(

I really enjoyed most of last night's show. The big song-and-dance number in the middle was cringe-worthy and I had to turn the channel after a while.

So happy for all the Slumdog love, happy for Sean Penn, thrilled for Kate (although I hated her hair; it made her look 20 years older). I even thought the song melody worked better than I would have anticipated.

Maybe that's why Bruce didn't get nominated - they knew it wouldn't work in a medley with the other songs. Har har har.

Hugh Jackman. Man, I could watch him sit in a chair and read. So handsome. I didn't get home until about halfway through the ceremony, so I caught the opening later. I thought it was going to be cheesy, but wow, did I laugh hard. The bit about The Reader was awesome, and I just about died at the end: "I'M WOLVERIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!"

Ben Stiller doing his best Joaquin Phoenix was hysterical, too.

I think all the Slumdog backlash is inevitable, but honestly, that one stuck with me much more than Benjamin Button did. I loved it, but it didn't stay with me, and the love has diminished to "that was a really lovely movie."

And is it just me, or is the size of Sean Penn's face getting bigger while his features continue to get smaller? He kind of freaks me out when I look at him. And for the life of me, I can't figure out why Milk wasn't playing at any of the larger theaters in Seattle.

It gets a zillion Oscar nominations, and it's only playing at two crap-hole theaters in places that are pains in the ass to get to? :down:

Oh, and I just browsed through everyone's comments from last night, but was I the only one who dug the format for the acting awards? I liked the idea of having multiple past winners do it.

Also? Will someone please get Jennifer Aniston a hair brush? Seriously - comb that shit, woman.

Oh, and I just browsed through everyone's comments from last night, but was I the only one who dug the format for the acting awards? I liked the idea of having multiple past winners do it.

Also? Will someone please get Jennifer Aniston a hair brush? Seriously - comb that shit, woman.

I thought it was a bit inflating, to be honest.

"You're wonderful, I'm wonderful" and we all know I love the Hath (thanks, guys, now I call her that :kiss: ) and I'm sure having Shirley Mcclaine laud you would be awesome but it was a bit yawn. Just my two cents.

I thought it was a bit inflating, to be honest.

I can see that. It was nice for a change, but once was probably enough.

They usually don't show clips from the movies when they read the nominations, do they? Do they just do that at the Golden Globes? I think I like that method best of all.

I loved it. I thought it was really different and a good way to shake up the predictable presentations. I'm a little pissed Tom Hanks wasn't in the Best Actor won, though just because he's hilarious and awesome and one of my favorites.

lol. Jessica Biel too. Isn't bed head out? Especially at the Oscars.

Remember the year Julia Roberts (can I just say again I am estatic that idiot was nowhere in sight or wormed her way into the best actress presentation???) came to the ceremony with dirty hair cause that was supposed to be "in" that year?

How funny was A.R. Rahman, running off the stage after both wins? Was he nervous or just kind of weird? :lol:

Thoughts on Freida's dress? She's so beautiful. It looks so much lighter in this picture..

81st_PintoF_01.jpg

I didn't like Reese Witherspoon's dress

reese_witherspoon_300x400.jpg

Angelina's emerald ring was 65 carats and her earrings were 115 carats :ohmy:

Penelope's diamond necklace was 69 carats :ohmy:

Is there a good link to the pics of the red carpet/dresses? My boss just loves to see the gowns and stars so I want to send her a good link.

Back
Top Bottom