Oscar Nominations & Awards Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If someone who's seen Slumdog can explain to me how its ensemble was better than Milk's or Button's, I'd love to hear it.

What an insult to some truly talented individuals. Why would SAG cheapen themselves like that.

The worst kind of bandwagoning imaginable.

Agreed, that was just silly.

Slumdog will win the Oscar. A charming, yet very overrated film.

Agreed, that was just silly.

Slumdog will win the Oscar. A charming, yet very overrated film.

of the 5 nominated films

BEST PICTURE
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

I can say with certainty
that Milk is more deserving.
and perhaps, Benjamin Button.

of course The Wrestler is the best film of the last 10 years.
(fade to black)

The only real standout from the Slumdog cast for me was the Millionaire show host, and I did enjoy the performances from the kids. I thought that the three grown-up leads were frankly wooden at times. Calling it the best ensemble is an utter joke, :down:

The only real standout from the Slumdog cast for me was the Millionaire show host, and I did enjoy the performances from the kids. I thought that the three grown-up leads were frankly wooden at times. Calling it the best ensemble is an utter joke, :down:

He looks like an Indian Joe Pesci.

that movie can win everything it's nominated for and it won't get any complaints for me.

i want to see it again. and again.

i walked out of it highly emotional and reminded of why i love movies

I agree. I loved it. It got me all verklempt too.

I haven't been able to see Milk so I can't compare the acting or the movies

I smell a train wreck..it sounds like HSM directed by Baz. Maybe Hugh is the principal

E Online

Host Hugh Jackman won't be the only star singing and dancing at Sunday's Academy Awards.

Several sources say that the Aussie hunk will be joined on stage by Beyoncé, High School Musical stars and real-life couple Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens and Mamma Mia!'s Amanda Seyfried. Dominic Cooper, Seyfried's costar and rumored boyfriend, will also likely participate, but I'm told scheduling conflicts still have to be resolved to make it work.

One source tells me that Jackman and Beyoncé have been rehearsing at the Baryshnikov Arts Center in New York City.

The entire group begins rehearsals tonight here in Hollywood, according to another source.

The song-and-dance routine is being directed by Jackman's Australia director Baz Luhrmann. No stranger to musicals, Luhrman's credits include Moulin Rouge!, Romeo + Juliet and Strictly Ballroom. Jackman reportedly requested to have Luhrmann stage the Oscar number.

As I first told you earlier today, Efron is also expected to present Best Original Song.

No word yet on what they'll singing and dancing to. First-time show producers Laurence Mark and Bill Condon have kept a tight lid on their plans, but have continually stressed that they intend to shake things up on the movie industry's biggest night of the year.

Oh dear god.

I also heard that Peter Gabriel has backed out of the ceremony because they were going to combine all three nominated songs into some stupid sort of medley. wtf, Oscars?

Nonetheless, I'm pissed off that a stupid choir commitment is going to make me have to tape the first 90 minutes or so and watch them after it ends. :grumpy:

Getting so excited about watching&will be keeping everything crossed for Kate!!! :hyper:

:bump:

It's OSCAR sunday, muhfuckas! Where you at? This is one of my favorite days of the year, and I can't wait to sit down with a few beverages and a deep dish pizza and watch this shit tonight. I'll even be watching the red carpet stuff. For the pretty people. And Seacrest.

Should we just keep all OSCAR discussion in this thread or should I make a new one?

Have they announced who's going to accept Heath's Oscar?

Some douchebag.

nsw-1.jpg

:lol: speaking of Frieda Pinto, i just saw her chatting&she's wearing a gorgeous blue dress! :drool:

^ can't wait to see! :hyper:

just seen it&see what you mean! Slightly over the top, yes!

Back
Top Bottom