Oscar Nominations & Awards Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miley's dress was gorgeous, I loved the detailing. Wasn't her movie nominated for Best Animation or such? Frieda Pinto's was nice too, I liked the color and the embroidery. Well done, John Galliano.

I loved Frieda's dress..the color was fabulous...I think the designer was going for a slight sari look with it....Natalie Portman looked beautiful , and so did Halle Berry, Penelope Cruz, and I LOVED Sarah Jessica's dress...but her hair was not so good IMO. and the gown that Anne Hathaway walked the red carpet was not the gown she was in when Hugh brought her up on stage for their bit...anyone else notice that? so she changed after walking the carpet?:hmm: ..Oh, and I am not defending Lisa Rinna by any means...but I think she is making a silly pouty face in that picture, which makes her comic book lips look even more freakish

:heart: everything about the oscars last night, esp. kate winslet - she was perfect in her acceptance speech! shoutout to her parents was equal parts funny and touching - the look on her face when she heard her dad whistle was so ecstatic :sad: :heart: ahhhh and dustin lance black was so eloquent :sad: :heart:

I didn't watch the last hour or so because I was just too tired and sleepy. I'm very happy for Kate; I don't think that Slumdog deserved its haul but oh well. At least it's not Million Dollar Baby or something.

I thought Hugh Jackman did a great job, he's an amazing entertainer and you could see he threw himself into his job. And he's just so goddamn gorgeous :heart: I really enjoyed the intro and the musicals number with Beyonce.

I really disliked the long introductions before the acting awards. It was a nice idea in theory to have the past winners honour the nominees but it just felt too talky and cloying. What's wrong with just playing a short and sweet clip that actually shows the performance?

Fashion was once again pretty safe and boring. Many gorgeous dresses but no one really stood out or took risks. Angelina's earrings were fantastic though.

I really disliked the long introductions before the acting awards. It was a nice idea in theory to have the past winners honour the nominees but it just felt too talky and cloying. What's wrong with just playing a short and sweet clip that actually shows the performance?

i agree!! i read in the new york times that the producers are trying to get more "stars" but they can't keep that schtick up, they'll run out of actors every year. plus, they were all the same "you were amazing.....:blahblah:"

i did like how they included the actors more to the average viewer. usually the host alludes, but i think the low stage and hugh did a great job of making us think us that we're watching more of a party than just a show.

I'm surprised Jackman didn't piss his pants again last night.

I'm surprised Jackman didn't piss his pants again last night.

I was hoping Bale would show up and they would re-enact scenes from The Prestige, but alas, it did not happen.

The last 3 pages were on dresses? Seriously?

Yay for Britain's success at the Oscars :applaud:

Great to see Slumdog doing so well, esp Danny Boyle who seems a nice guy&it was lovely seeing his parents on the news today saying how pleased they were&how much they were looking forward to their son bringing his Oscar home! Loved his Tigger :lol:

And of course just to say again i'm utterly over the moon for Kate!!! At long last - very deserving! she was so robbed for titanic:applaud::love:

I love how Kate said many years ago that she had to be in a Lollercaust movie to get an Oscar. Looks like it worked.

I'm sure today she's fudding herself stupid and bloody loving it.

I love how Kate said many years ago that she had to be in a Lollercaust movie to get an Oscar. Looks like it worked.

I'm sure today she's fudding herself stupid and bloody loving it.

i know!, and she mentioned that at the golden globes and you could see everyone like ":shocked: :uhoh: did she really say that??!!" but she was referring to ricky gervais's extras, people!!

well i found one picture where penn is smiling
553rx5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom