Oscar Nominations & Awards Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you suggest that the Hath plays Lance's Mom?

Despite the absolutely filthy things I'd like to either do or see done to the Hath, I think seeing her perform some of those feats would ruin her for me.

DVDA really makes you think less of a woman.

Despite the absolutely filthy things I'd like to either do or see done to the Hath, I think seeing her perform some of those feats would ruin her for me.

DVDA really makes you think less of a woman.

Jennifer Connelly then.

That scene would have been hotter if Connelly was crying more.

or if Jareth, the Goblin King was involved.

david_bowie_labyrinth.jpg

I think I'll write the screenplay about 1980 David Bowie from the music video "Ashes to Ashes" asking trivia questions to the Hath (who is pregnant out of wedlock, which doesn't stop her from being SASSY) on a game show in space. I'll be sure to include pithy, unrealistic dialogue and/or a bunch of cliches about destiny. I'll probably even include a dance sequence culled from an unfamiliar but nonthreatening culture. Maybe the Druids.

I will thank Lance and YLB during my acceptance speech.

Sean Penn, yay.

And I loved the bit with James Franco and Seth Rogen. Having had Doubt ruined for me by an audience of people who laughed all the way through it, it was pretty funny.

Lets see, a few thoughts.....

I liked the less spectacular beginning. Thought Hugh Jackman did pretty good. Maybe not particularly well written, but an A for effort.

Ben Stiller was funny as Joaquin. Wonder if Joaquin was laughing or pissed.

I thought the theater looked great and the backdrops really cool most of the night. Looked nice on the tv screen. Great colors, lots of motion behind the speakers. Really well done, imo.

Think I saw a quick clip of James Whitmore flame-throwing giant ants from 'Them'. :up: Unfortunately, it was during the memorium. Just as sad to see Richard Widmark as Paul during this stretch. And Charles Schneer, who made much of Ray Harryhausen's work possible.

Would have liked to see them work Ernest Borgnine into the best actors lineup instead of maybe Adrian Brody, since Ernie doesn't have as much time left.

Elmer Bernstein's Magnificent Seven theme was cool during the best actor's clips.

I thought the speeches before each acting award were a bit long, felt like they were all getting lifetime achievement awards or something. But I liked the idea.

Liked the show overall. Not too cheesy at all :D

yay, i was rooting for both kate and sean and was happy they won. i didnt care much for slumdog millionaire so their awards got annoyinn, sorry. surprisingly ben stiller was pretty funny, otherwise nothing really stands out...except james franco looked dapper as usual.
:love:

Also, I love Forrest Gump more than Philadelphia, even though they're both amazing. I'll be leaving now.:reject:

:angry: :wink:

I :heart: Philadelphia.

Back to the awards tonight. Thought the show was, overall, well done. Loved the 100,000 Swarovski crystals and the whole stage/theater set-up. Very nice :applaud:

Ben Stiller :lol:
Paul Newman :love: :sad:

George Carlin acted in a few movies (Prince of Tides, Jersey Girls to name a couple) - why wasn't he shown in the memorium portion? Or did you have to win an Oscar to be included :|

speaking of, I thought I'd YT for Heaths Oscar, because I dont have Sky and also what I do have I can never see an edited show these days!

anyhow, I suppose even thou it seemed he would win (people say its because he is dead, many say it's because his performance rocked)- I did think it was very sad to see his family go up on stage and accept on his behalf. it really was a touching moment, :(

and Kate Winslet, oh boy her whole shakin the fists with delight that she finally won an Oscar, it kinda made me think 'now hold on sweetheart, dont be TOO OTT about it!'

yeah congrats to her thou.

cant wait to see this Slumdog on DVD.

oh and Im surprised Mickey never won Best Actor! :down:

I hate when one movie wins everything. To me it makes the show so boring. It is considered to be an honor to even be nominated

I am so annoyed! I did an Oscar pool and I was thisclose to picking Sean Penn and I said to my friend, he's gonna take it and then I go with Mickey in the end. Epic phail.

Although I am quite pleased the award did go to Penn, who did the best job of the group.

I caught a little bit of the red carpet crap earlier. The best part was when Ryan Seacrest asked one of the little kids from Slumdog how it feels to be there. The older kid then said "he doesn't speak English." So Ryan asked the older kid to translate what the younger kid was saying and he goes "he doesn't speak English and he isn't saying anything." PWND!! :lol:

I thought so many of the women looked stunning. Meryl Streep-best I've ever seen her look. Kate-channeling Grace Kelly..I thought she was breathtaking. Anne Hathaway, that dress was amazing. Penelope Cruz..beautiful. I heard this morning that her dress was 60 years old. She's just a classy lady. Taraji Henson-loved her hair, her dress, her necklace. Angelina-well it's Angelina. I think she could literally make a garbage bag look good. Jennifer Aniston looked great too, how awkward that she was so close to them when she was presenting :slant: I felt uncomfortable for her. I guess she was sitting pretty close to them as well.

My best dressed/best looking guy was Robert Downey Jr (close second, Daniel Craig). Total red carpet transformation for him, he looked great. Hugh Jackman is just so likable, even with weird/bad material like the opening number he pulled it off.

I wanted Mickey Rourke to win, I haven't seen Milk but I was just rooting for him. But I knew Penn would win. Heath Ledger was completely deserving of that award, and his family handled it with so much grace and dignity.

I liked how they just gave out a bunch of awards in a row several times and didn't drag it out with too much nonsense filler.

Angelina-well it's Angelina. I think she could literally make a garbage bag look good. Jennifer Aniston looked great too, how awkward that she was so close to them when she was presenting :slant: I felt uncomfortable for her. I guess she was sitting pretty close to them as well.

this takes me back to Oscars 2002 when they showed Tom Cruise on stage talking before a clip to show New York Movie Business, or something like that(because of 9/11), and people were so glad there was NEVER a camera shot on his ex-wife Nicole the whole time!

LOL!

this takes me back to Oscars 2002 when they showed Tom Cruise on stage talking before a clip to show New York Movie Business, or something like that(because of 9/11), and people were so glad there was NEVER a camera shot on his ex-wife Nicole the whole time!

LOL!

Nicole definitely came out better on the other end of that one.

She was prettier six, seven years ago but at least she's not batshit crazy.

What irritated me, was that at the beggining you'd get a few awards/filter...than commercial. Near the end it was award - commercial - award -commercial. :grumpy:

Annnnnd, Slumdog winning was fun because it was cute when they'd show how gosh-darn excited the cast was, in the audience. All that hoot-in and hollarin.
I wish they had focused on the kids more on stage when the got BP.

Back
Top Bottom