Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #76
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 05:54 AM

Old 04-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #77
The Fly

I seriously did not expect it to be this good. It's realistic and believable, it's emotional, the music is amazing, and of course Ireland is beautiful. Also, the movie isn't cheesy or predictable. I'd recommend it to everybody.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #78
Blue Crack Overdose

I bought the dvd, can't wait to see it again once it arrives. I sure am enjoying the Swell Season meanwhile
Old 04-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:54 AM
ok, I finally rented and watched the movie...............ADORED IT! What the hell took me so long?!?!????

I am off to Barnes and Noble this afternoon to purchase it (I realized I have to otherwise Netflix was never gonna get their movie back ~ no late fees, right? ).
Gift cards Movie, soundtrack, something by The Frames
Old 04-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
ok, I finally rented and watched the movie...............ADORED IT! What the hell took me so long?!?!????

I am off to Barnes and Noble this afternoon to purchase it (I realized I have to otherwise Netflix was never gonna get their movie back ~ no late fees, right? ).
Gift cards Movie, soundtrack, something by The Frames

Shari,

Get the album: The Swell Season too if you can. It has a couple of songs not on the soundtrack.. You'll love it for sure..

As for the Frames, I recommend: Fitzcarraldo (This is a great one but its a import so if you can't get it there you can get it from amazon.com), The Cost, For the Birds.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:54 AM
Thanks for the tips

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

Shari,

Get the album: The Swell Season too if you can. It has a couple of songs not on the soundtrack.. You'll love it for sure..

As for the Frames, I recommend: Fitzcarraldo (This is a great one but its a import so if you can't get it there you can get it from amazon.com), The Cost, For the Birds.
I just got home and I ended up purchasing the movie and soundtrack. My B & N did not have The Swell Season or any of The Frames stuff :shameshamesmiley:................I will be hitting up Amazon when my next billing cycle comes up on my credit card. Can't wait. Thanks again!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #82
Blue Crack Overdose

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

Shari,

All those cds are good. I also like Burn the Maps. Fitz is my all time favorite tho. The Frames are great.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #83
Refugee

http://www.theswellseason.com/shop/t-shirts/

The bike one is gr8
Old 09-05-2008, 07:05 AM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 02:54 PM
ah yea, I saw that film weeks back, it was treated as a 'back of the shelf' type film at the store, but I thought, 'its Irish, it has to be a good one'

Loved it, really did, thought the opening scene that was done with hidden cameras was great, I believe someone really did try to tackle 'the thief'.

I esp love song she sings after buying batteries, the girls who stare at her as she comes out singing, looks like they were just randomly standing there wondering 'what the fk?'

lovely movie with lovely ending.

shop scene with piano/guitar/them singing is awesome.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #85
Refugee

Local Time: 04:54 PM
I've wanted to see this movie forever and today I finally did it. And now I'm lost for words because, well, as you all know Once is a brilliant, brilliant movie. My only regret is that I didn't see it earlier but better later than never, right? The fun part is that I watched it with a friend who wasn't too excited at first but in the end she was in tears and thanked me for making her see it

It's one of those movies that gets under your skin and stays there for a long, long time. No words can do justice to Once - well, at least nothing I can say. And the good news is that The Swell Season is coming to Finland next month and if everything goes as planned I'm so going to see them!! Wish me luck, I've missed enough gigs this year
Old 09-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava79 View Post
I've wanted to see this movie forever and today I finally did it. And now I'm lost for words because, well, as you all know Once is a brilliant, brilliant movie. My only regret is that I didn't see it earlier but better later than never, right? The fun part is that I watched it with a friend who wasn't too excited at first but in the end she was in tears and thanked me for making her see it

It's one of those movies that gets under your skin and stays there for a long, long time. No words can do justice to Once - well, at least nothing I can say. And the good news is that The Swell Season is coming to Finland next month and if everything goes as planned I'm so going to see them!! Wish me luck, I've missed enough gigs this year

I never got to see this film when it came out but came to discover it later on and waited for it to come out on DVD. Such a great little film that was made on a shoestring budget (100,000 dollars!). Anywho, i completely agrees with you here, it does get under your skin just stays there.. such a impact it made on me... And then there is the music! What can I say here but it just blows your mind. They are spectacular live. I got to see them twice and would of saw them at third time at the V Festival in Baltimore if I wasn't out of town on vacation..

I wish you much luck! Do anything and everything you can to go to their gig. It is something that can't be missed!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #87
Blue Crack Overdose

I loved the movie and soundtrack so much I bought them and have copied or loaned the dvd to a number of friends who have fallen in love with both film and music as well. Wish I could afford to see the Swell Season live, who knows.....
Old 09-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #88
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
I esp love song she sings after buying batteries, the girls who stare at her as she comes out singing, looks like they were just randomly standing there wondering 'what the fk?'
Maybe because they were randomly standing there. That was yet another scene done with guerilla filming, i.e. without notice to anyone (except the actors of course).

The Swell Season coming to Finland. Maybe the Netherlands too?
*goes to check out*
Old 09-28-2008, 02:14 AM   #89
Refugee

Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post

I wish you much luck! Do anything and everything you can to go to their gig. It is something that can't be missed!
Thanks! I will do everything to go there. They start selling the tickets on Tuesday and I'm going to fight hard to get one (the venue is rather small so I think they will sell out really fast). I have a feeling that if I miss this, I'm going to regret for the rest of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
The Swell Season coming to Finland. Maybe the Netherlands too?
*goes to check out*
I'm pretty sure they're coming to the Netherlands as well! At least I hope so for you I didn't see the Helsinki gig mentioned on their MySpace yet, but I guess they haven't updated the tour schedule in a while. Oh how I would love to go see one of their gigs in Dublin in December...*dreams*
Old 09-28-2008, 05:11 AM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

They're coming to the Netherlands!
Granted, it will be a festival appearance, but still...