Once.... a small film but getting a lot of attention..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love2bmama said:
omg, I just saw this and loved it. The soundtrack is even better, even if you can't find the movie get the soundtrack. :yes:

better than that get the album: "The Swell Season" there are more songs on it. It's just great!

Let's hope that it wins a Oscar!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm crossing my fingers they walk away with this award. :love:

me too! and hopefully a couple of grammys too! :drool: :happy:

I just can't get over how BEAUTIFUL AND MOVING "falling slowly" is... I almost tear up everytime I listen to it and want to sing at the top of my lungs too.. hard to do when you are at work.. :reject:

I saw this movie thru Netflix. Glen ROCKS!! I Loved this movie, it was so good and fun to watch especially seeing the sights and sounds of Dublin! The music was great, I should think about getting the soundtrack :up: I am really beginning to enjoy these kinds of films more and more. I highly recommend this one.

Carek1230 said:
I saw this movie thru Netflix. Glen ROCKS!! I Loved this movie, it was so good and fun to watch especially seeing the sights and sounds of Dublin! The music was great, I should think about getting the soundtrack :up: I am really beginning to enjoy these kinds of films more and more. I highly recommend this one.

all i can say is GO BUY OR DOWNLOAD FROM ITUNES THE SOUNDTRACK NOW WOMAN...MOST AMAZING ONE EVER!!!

and also get the album: "The Swell Season", more songs and is awesome!:D

can't say enough about this... their music is incredible.. And if you can catch them live.. all I can say is WOW... that blew me away too...

they have a my space page: http://www.myspace.com/theswellseason

Gosh, I completely agree with you, U2Fanatic4ever! I love this film - it is just utterly gorgeous! Saw it twice last year during the Melbourne Film Festival and it's limited release...

And how amazing are Glen and Marketa??? If you like the soundtrack, you should also check out The Swell Season. :) It has songs from Once on it, as well as others. :)

Really really hope they win the Oscar!!

Last edited:
oh, and if you want to see some nostalgia.. go rent The Commitments dvd.. Glen has a significant role in that flick and it's just a joy to watch again.. love it..

I finally saw it over the weekend, it is a real gem of a movie. I think I have to get the soundtrack.

Is Damien Rice in it? I didn't notice and it's gone from my On Demand now so I can't go back and check.

:up: Highly recommend the Swell Season, like U2Fanatic suggested above! I :heart: Glen and The Frames and anything remotely similar to this style and music. :heart: :heart:

I was so thrilled about the Oscar and :heart: the soundtrack to Once. I think that is a dvd movie I'd like to have in my collection actually! If you're a fan and haven't yet seen it or listened to the soundtrack or the Swell Season, do so now!!

I seriously did not expect it to be this good. It's realistic and believable, it's emotional, the music is amazing, and of course Ireland is beautiful. Also, the movie isn't cheesy or predictable. I'd recommend it to everybody.

ok, I finally rented and watched the movie...............ADORED IT! What the hell took me so long?!?!????

I am off to Barnes and Noble this afternoon to purchase it (I realized I have to otherwise Netflix was never gonna get their movie back :shifty: ~ no late fees, right? :shifty: ).
Gift cards :love: Movie, soundtrack, something by The Frames :hyper:

shari schultz said:
ok, I finally rented and watched the movie...............ADORED IT! What the hell took me so long?!?!????

I am off to Barnes and Noble this afternoon to purchase it (I realized I have to otherwise Netflix was never gonna get their movie back :shifty: ~ no late fees, right? :shifty: ).
Gift cards :love: Movie, soundtrack, something by The Frames :hyper:

Shari,

Get the album: The Swell Season too if you can. It has a couple of songs not on the soundtrack.. You'll love it for sure..

As for the Frames, I recommend: Fitzcarraldo (This is a great one but its a import so if you can't get it there you can get it from amazon.com), The Cost, For the Birds.

Thanks for the tips

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Shari,

Get the album: The Swell Season too if you can. It has a couple of songs not on the soundtrack.. You'll love it for sure..

As for the Frames, I recommend: Fitzcarraldo (This is a great one but its a import so if you can't get it there you can get it from amazon.com), The Cost, For the Birds.

I just got home and I ended up purchasing the movie and soundtrack. My B & N did not have The Swell Season or any of The Frames stuff :shameshamesmiley:................I will be hitting up Amazon when my next billing cycle comes up on my credit card. Can't wait. Thanks again!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Shari,

:up: All those cds are good. I also like Burn the Maps. Fitz is my all time favorite tho. The Frames are great.

ah yea, I saw that film weeks back, it was treated as a 'back of the shelf' type film at the store, but I thought, 'its Irish, it has to be a good one' :wink:

Loved it, really did, thought the opening scene that was done with hidden cameras was great, I believe someone really did try to tackle 'the thief'.

I esp love song she sings after buying batteries, the girls who stare at her as she comes out singing, looks like they were just randomly standing there wondering 'what the fk?'

lovely movie with lovely ending.

shop scene with piano/guitar/them singing is awesome.

:up:

I've wanted to see this movie forever and today I finally did it. And now I'm lost for words because, well, as you all know Once is a brilliant, brilliant movie. My only regret is that I didn't see it earlier but better later than never, right? The fun part is that I watched it with a friend who wasn't too excited at first but in the end she was in tears and thanked me for making her see it :)

It's one of those movies that gets under your skin and stays there for a long, long time. No words can do justice to Once - well, at least nothing I can say. And the good news is that The Swell Season is coming to Finland next month and if everything goes as planned I'm so going to see them!! :hyper: Wish me luck, I've missed enough gigs this year :angry:

I've wanted to see this movie forever and today I finally did it. And now I'm lost for words because, well, as you all know Once is a brilliant, brilliant movie. My only regret is that I didn't see it earlier but better later than never, right? The fun part is that I watched it with a friend who wasn't too excited at first but in the end she was in tears and thanked me for making her see it :)

It's one of those movies that gets under your skin and stays there for a long, long time. No words can do justice to Once - well, at least nothing I can say. And the good news is that The Swell Season is coming to Finland next month and if everything goes as planned I'm so going to see them!! :hyper: Wish me luck, I've missed enough gigs this year :angry:

I never got to see this film when it came out but came to discover it later on and waited for it to come out on DVD. Such a great little film that was made on a shoestring budget (100,000 dollars!). Anywho, i completely agrees with you here, it does get under your skin just stays there.. such a impact it made on me... And then there is the music! What can I say here but it just blows your mind. They are spectacular live. I got to see them twice and would of saw them at third time at the V Festival in Baltimore if I wasn't out of town on vacation..

I wish you much luck! Do anything and everything you can to go to their gig. It is something that can't be missed!:up:

I loved the movie and soundtrack so much I bought them and have copied or loaned the dvd to a number of friends who have fallen in love with both film and music as well. Wish I could afford to see the Swell Season live, who knows.....

I esp love song she sings after buying batteries, the girls who stare at her as she comes out singing, looks like they were just randomly standing there wondering 'what the fk?'

Maybe because they were randomly standing there. That was yet another scene done with guerilla filming, i.e. without notice to anyone (except the actors of course). :D

:hmm: The Swell Season coming to Finland. Maybe the Netherlands too?
*goes to check out*

I wish you much luck! Do anything and everything you can to go to their gig. It is something that can't be missed!:up:

Thanks! I will do everything to go there. They start selling the tickets on Tuesday and I'm going to fight hard to get one (the venue is rather small so I think they will sell out really fast). I have a feeling that if I miss this, I'm going to regret for the rest of my life.

:hmm: The Swell Season coming to Finland. Maybe the Netherlands too?
*goes to check out*

I'm pretty sure they're coming to the Netherlands as well! At least I hope so for you :) I didn't see the Helsinki gig mentioned on their MySpace yet, but I guess they haven't updated the tour schedule in a while. Oh how I would love to go see one of their gigs in Dublin in December...*dreams*

Back
Top Bottom