*Official Twilight Series Appreciation Thread*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Twilight was still very much a niche thing and not everywhere, I wouldn't hate it as much as I do. That being said, it's still less offensive than the Transformers series, in terms of movies that make too much money. At least the Twilight series saga kind of cares about the audience it appeals to, as opposed to insulting everyone's intelligence, Bay-style.

I don't really have anything against the Twilight film series. As you said, it's far from the most unlikable thing in Hollywood right now, and it's bringing in new demographics to the world of film fandom/geekery that never would normally, so that's only a good thing for mainstream cinema if my eyes.

On the other hand, I despise the novels with every once of my being. Some of the most sub-elementary, vapid, unreadable, asinine dreck I've ever laid eyes on. Not to mention it's ideologically deplorable.

TWLIGHT MOMS
twilightmoms2.jpg

IF 40 YEAR OLD MEN WERE SCREAMING FOR 17 YEAR OLD GIRLS...SOMEBODY WOULD HAVE CALLED THE COPS

I put my name in for the SNL draw (Wanted to c U2), I got an email yesterday. I won tickets to Taylor Lautner's show in December.
This is gunna b interesting.

I don't really have anything against the Twilight film series. As you said, it's far from the most unlikable thing in Hollywood right now, and it's bringing in new demographics to the world of film fandom/geekery that never would normally, so that's only a good thing for mainstream cinema if my eyes.

On the other hand, I despise the novels with every once of my being. Some of the most sub-elementary, vapid, unreadable, asinine dreck I've ever laid eyes on. Not to mention it's ideologically deplorable.

Most definitely. I can understand where the Comic-Con crowd has a problem, where the fans camp out in Hall H all day just for the Twilight panel, and the nerds can't see what they want to see. That could be fixed with scheduling more than anything else. Again, I dislike the broad effect of what it's doing towards people's perceptions of supernatural characters, but it's not the only property ever to do that.

Oh yeah, there's that.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. As far as movies go, the first one way okay. Not great, not even good, but better than a lot of crap out there. And the whole movie thing with the actors and the fandom has been a fun, if somewhat insane phenomenon to watch unfold. I'll watch the second one too, when I can download it. The books though? Loathe them. LOATHE.

no, no, no, no, no, no, no

not even a maybe in there.

Dude, you have no idea.

i don't know what you guys think i was talking about, i was rating the women in the picture.

I knew what you were talking about..... I'd probably have to give most of them a go though

Edit: except the fatty in the background on the far right

Did you guys hear about this?

Taylor Lautner stopped by The Jay Leno Show Monday night and brought with him the best Twilight mom story you’ll ever hear and an exclusive (shirtless) clip from The Twilight Saga: New Moon.

Leno asked the 17-year-old actor for his most bizarre fan encounter, and though Lautner admitted it was hard to just choose one, he picked a winner: He recalled a fortysomething mother and her teenage daughter in line at a US autograph signing. The mother skipped up to him, grabbed his wrist and said, “‘Excuse me Taylor…. I’m wearing the Team Taylor panties right now. Is there any way I can take them off for you and just have you sign ‘em quick?’…. And the daughter goes, ‘Mom, come on!’” What happened next? The mother told her daughter, “‘Honey, don’t worry. This is what we do at these things,’” Lautner said. “And security stepped in and said, ‘No ma’am, this is not what we’ll be doing.’”

:ohmy: x100. Now, if it were a grown man doing this to a 17 year-old girl, everyone would scream "pervert!"

^I know...

Thank God my Mother isn't like this.

BTW: You guys want to watch a REAL vampire love story, I suggest you take a look at this:

let_the_right_one_in.jpg

So I'm watching the first one with a mate tonight.

I am going to have to be so plastered.
similar thing happened to my sister the other day. she said the only things that prevented it was that she was with friends from church and was driving.

and i suspect she'd have been happy to come back and collect the car from the cinema the next day. god knows it's what i'd have done.

I'm ok with the Twilight series purely and strictly because of Kristen Stewart and the fact that it has turned her into a huge star. I think she's a talented, funny and exceptionally gorgeous girl and I'm happy for her success and glad that it's her they cast in the role. Because of the sudden hugeness of the whole series, her face is everywhere. And, for me, I'm glad that it's a face that I like instead of one that I don't. If that makes any sense. I can endure this crazy Twilight phenomenon because of K-Stew.

I'm ok with the Twilight series purely and strictly because of Kristen Stewart and the fact that it has turned her into a huge star. I think she's a talented, funny and exceptionally gorgeous girl and I'm happy for her success and glad that it's her they cast in the role. Because of the sudden hugeness of the whole series, her face is everywhere. And, for me, I'm glad that it's a face that I like instead of one that I don't. If that makes any sense. I can endure this crazy Twilight phenomenon because of K-Stew.

which i will gladly agree with you there. but being a young bloke like myself, have you had any girls come up to you, whether you had an interest in them or not, and tell you "i am so depressed because i will never find a guy like edward"?

i'm not a violent person, but fuck me. 1, he's fictional and 2, he's not a real vampire.

3, i think the OP would be getting pretty annoyed by now, so i'm leaving this thread.

I will admit Im a diehard when it comes to the Twilight books and movies. Was drawn in the very first time I read Twilight. All a matter of one's personal taste when it comes to this series.

Btw Team Edward! :up:

Same here :). They are a lot of fun!

It is downright scary with how some fans act. Especially when it comes to the mother's!

Oh yeah for sure. They are acting insane. It's just a couple of fictional books with movies made about them. The characters are not real and these ppl are acting like the actors in the movies are the best ppl in the world. Like cmon, they just play these characters for crying out loud :ohmy:

These mothers are not setting a good example for their kids at all. Some of the crazy ones are basically teaching their daughters that it's okay for an older women to go after a teenage boy :crack:

I'm definitely not into the whole craze. It's just ridiculous. I'm just a fan of the books themselves and I like seeing the books come to life with the movies.

When I went to see New Moon on Tuesday it was insanity. The show didn't open til 6 but my friends and I got there at 5:45 just to avoid the lines and stuff. Well there were tons of ppl outside and when they opened the door I got pushed so many times because ppl were running into the theatre. It's just a movie ppl :angry:

Back
Top Bottom