New Fall shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm intrigued, although I already anticipate being greatly confused trying to follow it. :lol:

When does it premiere?

it's a mid-season replacement, so it's up in the air.

we all need to root for one of the new shows to bite the big one.

:rolleyes:
(you're easy)

That's what it says on the wall of the Mobil station.

HAR HAR HAR.

I'm sure I will lose patience for it after an episode of two (I'm DVRing tonight's episode; chose to watch HIMYM live instead.), as I do with most new shows I start to watch.

Sat down to finally watch the pilot ep of Ringer, which I had downloaded after my DVR erased it when it got full, and the sound was all off - all the voices were like a 45 played at 33 1/3. Ha! Never seen that before. So I'm downloading it from iTunes like a good girl.

Started watching Prime Suspect, and turned it off after 5 minutes. Not sure why I thought I'd like it - I'm not much into crime shows.

Sad to hear that, the dialog/pacing of the pilot was weak, but the concept and the look are so intriguing I was hoping it would improve. :sad:

TV over here has been BLASTING advertising of Terra Nova for the past week. We just had our "superbowl" if you like on the weekend and it was heavily advertised around that.

Wow. That looks amazing.

Seriously.

Love that I could tell that was B.D. Wong based on his voice alone. Far too much L&O SVU.

And thank God, that IS Jason Isaacs, I thought I was going insane at first. Doesn't he have a British accent? I assume he's pulling a Hugh Laurie? Sooo cool that he's getting a big roll in something, even if it's a mid-season replacement.

Seriously, Brotherhood was criminally (no pun intended) underrated, it's a shame it was on Showtime instead of HBO. It was vaguely inspired by the Bulger brothers, one is a politician the other is mobster. Except, way younger and set in Providence instead of Boston.

The Terra Nova pilot episode was decent, I thought. But this second episode was quite lackluster. When the main plot is being attacked by large bird-like creatures and it's combined with an "old flame" subplot that is so overused on television, well, not such a good thing can come of it.

I gave 2 Broke Girls a chance, but I'm done. It's just not funny or entertaining - I'm surprised I sat through the whole episode last night. I love Kat Dennings, but not enough to slog through however long this show might last.

The Terra Nova pilot episode was decent, I thought. But this second episode was quite lackluster. When the main plot is being attacked by large bird-like creatures and it's combined with an "old flame" subplot that is so overused on television, well, not such a good thing can come of it.

Exactly.
I'm willing to give it one more episode, but nothing about the show really grabbing me.

I gave 2 Broke Girls a chance, but I'm done. It's just not funny or entertaining - I'm surprised I sat through the whole episode last night. I love Kat Dennings, but not enough to slog through however long this show might last.

The preview commercial that aired last night (during Terra?) was enough for me to wish Kat well in whatever her next venture is because 2 Broke doesn't look good.

I think they are about done with new episodes, but has anyone caught Dark Matters with John Noble on The Science Channel?

It can be a little hokey, but some of the stories are fascinating.

damn. I'll watch it tonight and see if I agree. Oh well. I certainly could stand to watch fewer shows, so I won't shed a tear if I stop watching it.

And did anyone have money on The Playboy Club being the first cancellation of the season? Guess I can stop watching that one, too.

The Playboy Club was not that bad. The mobster theme/ politics was kind of fun. I am guessing the production costs were high, so when the viewers were not big numbers, it was doomed.

TeraNova, your expectations are so low now, you may find yourself thinking it is not that bad.
I find 'expectations' can skew opinions. Especially when they are sky high.

I had a feeling Playboy Club wouldn't last. Seemed like just a bad rip off of the whole Mad Men aesthetic.

And bad timing, too, because Mad Men ain't as hot as it was a couple of years ago.

New Girl is three for three. Really liking this show. Thinking about making a dedicated thread for it.

Since it's like the only show to get a full season pick up thus far, go for it. I still need to watch, haven't caught a single episode so far.

yeah, it had to get there

now, the question? do they like what they got?
logic says they should prefer this one to the original
that is the girlfriend and the husband, not so much for the GF's husband,
he is overdue for a Buffing.

A little surprised they got there this quickly...expected it to be an end of season cliff hanger type thing.

I'm wondering if she bumps off the GF before she can tell.

They didn't address it at all, just said Winston was their roommate before Coach, no mention of why Coach left.
They might as well have done a Dick York with the character if thats all they were gonna do.

Still bummed that Wayans only had one episode but I like the show.

I'm intrigued, although I already anticipate being greatly confused trying to follow it. :lol:

This lol.

Also

NBC has canceled its controversial series The Playboy Club.

The retro show starred Eddie Cibrian and Amber Heard.

The show garnered just 3.4 million viewers on Monday night.

It got off to a slow start with its Sept. 19 premiere -- prior to which The Parents Television Council and other groups had spoken out against its sexual content.

But, in good news for new shows, the network has picked up comedies Whitney and Up All Night for full seasons.

I still haven't watched any of Ringer yet. I plugged my laptop into my TV Monday night to watch the first few eps that I'd downloaded, and the sound was all messed up. They were all talking like a 45 played at 33 1/3. :lol:

I thought it was supposed to be like that at first, like a weird dream sequence .... but no. So I bought the pilot off iTunes (#2 downloaded fine, #3 and #4 are on my DVR). Just haven't watched yet.

Back
Top Bottom