New Fall shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pan Am again.. where is it? :fist:

Anyone watch Bag of Bones?

It was on last night, wasn't it? Or was I watching one I had on my DVR :scratcheshead:

No, there was no new episode last night. :tsk: If they have any hope of having this show continue past whatever they have filmed at the moment, they HAVE to do a better job scheduling. It's like they WANT the show to get the axe. :tsk: Having a several week break then airing one new episode, then breaking for ANOTHER few weeks again is horrible planning. There's nothing new until January 8, according to the website. I really like the show and think it has great promise, but I'd be shocked if it got a second season. The unpredictability of when the damn show is actually going to air new episodes is going to be a big part of its failure, I think.

Anyone watch Bag of Bones?

I saw parts of it. I love me some Pierce Brosnan, and I think there have been a number of pretty good Stephen King film adaptations, and an atmospheric ghost story set at some old idyllic lake house (although not a very original premise) is something I can get behind...but I thought a lot of what I saw was just too ridiculous. A tree that talks, swings its branches at people and contains the spirit of an old blues singer? Yeahhhhhh.

The acting was pretty craptastic too. I don't ordinarily laugh at the image of someone banging their head against the casket of their dead wife, but Pierce made it happen.

For me the previews were more exciting. I felt like I was just constantly waiting for stuff to happen that didnt seem to be happening. More creepy please.

No, there was no new episode last night. :tsk: If they have any hope of having this show continue past whatever they have filmed at the moment, they HAVE to do a better job scheduling. It's like they WANT the show to get the axe. :tsk: Having a several week break then airing one new episode, then breaking for ANOTHER few weeks again is horrible planning. There's nothing new until January 8, according to the website. I really like the show and think it has great promise, but I'd be shocked if it got a second season. The unpredictability of when the damn show is actually going to air new episodes is going to be a big part of its failure, I think.

I agree and that makes me :sad: because I do like the show.

For me the previews were more exciting. I felt like I was just constantly waiting for stuff to happen that didnt seem to be happening. More creepy please.

Watching part 2.. its a bit more exciting now that we know what actually happened at the lake.

Here's Metacritic's rundown of the Top 20 shows of 2011 based on the lists of critics:

Best TV of 2011

Note that Mad Men didn't air this year, if you're unaware. Top five shows that premiered this year seem to be Homeland, Downton Abbey (premiered in US this spring), Game of Thrones, Enlightened and Revenge.

Notably Boardwalk Empire was absent from a number of lists which seems strange given that nobody really complained about Season 2 and the consensus is probably that it was even better than the first. Also, The Killing, which premiered to plenty of raves, ended up being lambasted for its red herrings and plot holes by critics/viewers as the season wore on. It was not featured on a single top ten list.

Anyone watching Alcatraz? It caught my interest because I've been there and live in the Bay Area. Pretty good show so far.

Yeah, I'm just watching this week's episode right now. I like it too! It's filmed here in Vancouver, so it's fun seeing familiar buildings/parks, etc. :)

Hey now not all of it is filmed in Vancouver. Dont burst my bubble LOL.

Also Pan Am is back. :D

I won't ruin the illusion. :wink:

Yeah, I saw. I've just been watching it online, since it seems to air on a different day each week here, so I can never keep it straight. :tsk:

Not sure what to think of New Girl, it seems to be going downhill fast. It still has its moments every now and then, but not as solid as the first few eps. It just started on Tele over here too, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

It's kind of stupid in the sense that its so fiction.. like these prisoners from 50 years ago are back and killing people yet they haven't aged. And I'm 4 episodes in and I still don't think they've explained how that's possible yet.

Not sure what to think of New Girl, it seems to be going downhill fast. It still has its moments every now and then, but not as solid as the first few eps. It just started on Tele over here too, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

I totally disagree about that; especially after tonight's episode of New Girl. The bathroom parts tonight had the same sort of crackling energy that I loved in Community's study table scenes in season 1 and 2, and Lizzy Caplan's addition as the anti-Jess was a great call.

Lizzy Caplan is on it now?! :drool: I wish all of her roommates weren't so fucking annoying so I could actually get into it. I didn't make it past the pilot.

Caplan's part of a several episode arc right now, but it's hard to believe they won't do everything possible to get her to come back as soon/often as possible.

I think, to your complaint, that the writers have gotten better at defining each roommate and the friction they cause. The latest episode (Jess and Julia) is at least worth a try.

It's not just the writing, but the actors themselves. I'm tempted to tune in for Caplan though.

Not a fall show obviously, but I watched the first episode of Smash last night. Comcast has it on demand before it airs Monday. I don't know quite what to think after one episode but it was enough to make me want to watch the second one. It's produced by Spielberg and Dreamworks.

And Anjelica Huston is awesome as usual.

Spielberg's name is on it as 'executive producer' (meaning studio businessman) because he owns DreamWorks.

The commercials made me cringe (and then want to strangle someone when they kept playing the same ad over and over) and feel bad for Anjelica Huston and Raza Jaffery (who used to be totally badass on Spooks, AKA MI-5) and hell even Jack Davenport and Debra Messing. And it made me laugh a lot to get the "introducing Katherine McPhee" line.

But that said I'm not in it's target audience.

I do love your "location" though Mrs. S. :lol:

I totally disagree about that; especially after tonight's episode of New Girl. The bathroom parts tonight had the same sort of crackling energy that I loved in Community's study table scenes in season 1 and 2, and Lizzy Caplan's addition as the anti-Jess was a great call.

I just watched that episode last night, and I can agree with you. Much better than Schmit's birthday episode.

I laughed hard at multiple jokes in last night's New Girl. I really, really, really like this show.

I laughed hard at multiple jokes in last night's New Girl. I really, really, really like this show.

Loved the emergency landlord procedure if he walked in and discovered 4 people there

"I knew we should have practiced more!"

I recognized the landlord from having been on an X-Files episode in its first season, but didn't remember he'd also played Willow's Drug Magic Dealer on Buffy.

Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root as the "mood setting" music, and Schmidt on the conference table at the end had me laughing out loud. OUT LOUD.

Back
Top Bottom