New Fall shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried A Gifted Man for 3 episodes, because it sounded interesting, but I'm done with that one too. Too damn boring and it feels like nothing important happened in all those episodes. Patrick Wilson's hot, but the show moves too slowly. Buh bye.

I guess she has a real good fake identity established.

How long has it been? It seems like the kid is about 8-9 and Emily is 24-25?

How old is that damn dog?

LOL yeah I was wondering about the dog too.

Homeland's far and away the best show of the fall according to critics and the only one I've bothered with. Didn't think the subject matter would reel me in, but the show is very well done and it's great to see something so adult and well plotted, especially when it airs after a formerly great show, Dexter, that's only gotten cartoonier, duller and more far-fetched with each passing season.

I'm really sad about The Playboy Club. The last ep (3) was so good as they were getting closer to finding out Maureen killed that guy. Ugh.. I hope a cable show picks it up. Apparently they did film a bunch more episodes.

Revenge is great.. I'm thoroughly addicted to that show.

I'm going to watch the first few eps of both Homeland and Revenge to see what the fuss is about.

I hope I hate them both, because I'm already watching too many shows. :lol:

I liked the second episode quite a bit. The third is sitting in my dvr at the moment; haven't watched it yet.

I keep waiting for Reese to dish to Malone for a layup...

Jim-Caviezel.jpg
John_Stockton_-_Utah.jpg

Man critics are harsh on tv shows.

Eh....it's the medium really. Most television sucks and receives scores that match that accordingly. But the best stuff like Mad Men or Breaking Bad or Downton Abbey all have scores in like the 90s on Metacritic. I mean, if you watch half of the shows that critics consider pretty good or great, you'd be watching plenty of stuff year round. It's morose that network television basically sucks, and, aside from a few comedies, has nothing that really can compete with what cable's doing.

If you follow metacritic though, they LOVE video games, are pretty cool on moviea and music, and then BAM tv is so far down.

I mean seriously, American Horror Story has like a 60, whereas it seems, in general, people are pretty high on it.

I guess she has a real good fake identity established.

How long has it been? It seems like the kid is about 8-9 and Emily is 24-25?

How old is that damn dog?

I don't watch much tv at all (don't have cable), but have gotten kind of hooked on this show. I wondered the same thing about the dog...must be the world's oldest Lab!

Allen Gregory is clearly low budget though.....and I think Bob's Burgers was renewed for the same reason. FOX is willing to accept lower ratings if the production costs are enough to make up for it. That said, I do agree that it looks absolutely atrocious and I'd be amazed if it found an audience at all.

Back
Top Bottom