nevermind the buzzcocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
anyone else a fan of this show?
simon amstell makes it worthwhile, though i'm not sure the point of having phill there. i don't find him all that amusing.
all the episodes are on youtube, and if you're lucky enough to live in the uk you can watch it all on bbc's iplayer. that's the best device on the internet, as far as i'm concerned. quality stuff.
i realise i don't live in the uk at the moment, but i'm fortunate enough to have my connections here in germany.
good times, guys.

YouTube - Amstell Vs Love

I'm a huge fan and it's about time they release some of this on dvd. :angry: Amstell's so much better than Lamarr.

We watch this and QI when we can.

Do you get the BBC in Germany? Before I moved over here I saw they were talking about an international iplayer. Will be interesting to see what the craic is with that.

I don't like this at all anymore, just because I think it's gone on for far too long and the whole quiz show format has been done a death. We all know it's scripted, and it's hard to find it funny when all the gags have been done a million times.
I much preferred it when it was Mark Lamarr presenting (even though Simon Amstell is really funny :up: )... but he obviously got bored of doing it, and you can tell that in his later episodes.

Nowadays, I'd rather watch QI or Have I Got News For You. But I do watch this now and again, i.e. when Amy Winehouse was on it :lol: It can totally depend on the guests, how funny it is.

yeah the amy whinehouse one was epic... the bit about this being less of a quiz show and more of an intervention was brilliant.

laura, my girlfriend goes to oxford (though not during this year) and through some loopholes she is able to get iplayer access here in germany.

have i got news for you and qi are also alright, but i haven't seen much of either of them.

I usually prefer the guests on QI and Have I got News For You - and I absolutely love Stephen Fry. Although, whenever Noel Fieling's on Buzzcocks it's brilliant.
That's cool - I never use iplayer, I suppose I don't need to when I'm actually in the UK :lol:

I prefer Bill Bailey over Noel Fielding, actually, they should just replace Phil with Noel. :hmm: The Amy Winehouse episode was brilliant, it looks like underneath the trainwreck, Winehouse seems like a nice person. :ohmy:

I used to be a huge fan of Have I Got News For You, but it all went downhill for me after Deayton left (apart from the Boris Johnson episode). For some reason, I've started to extremely dislike Merton and Hislop.

I prefer Bill Bailey over Noel Fielding, actually, they should just replace Phil with Noel. :hmm: The Amy Winehouse episode was brilliant, it looks like underneath the trainwreck, Winehouse seems like a nice person. :ohmy:

I used to be a huge fan of Have I Got News For You, but it all went downhill for me after Deayton left (apart from the Boris Johnson episode). For some reason, I've started to extremely dislike Merton and Hislop.

I love Merton and Hislop, but like I said - the format is tired, the gags have been done, we've seen it all before. So I'll probably end up not liking them too. It's time they found another good show for comedians, which isn't just a way of getting their faces on the TV. It feels like that now - especially with shows like Mock the Week, which I really can't bear.
I'd way prefer it with Noel, even though I like Phil, but I think he has too much going on to do it full time. And yeah Amy Winehouse came across really well, it's a shame she's like she is at the moment because she'd be great on there more often.

I usually prefer the guests on QI and Have I got News For You - and I absolutely love Stephen Fry. Although, whenever Noel Fieling's on Buzzcocks it's brilliant.
That's cool - I never use iplayer, I suppose I don't need to when I'm actually in the UK :lol:

I watched quite a few shoes on the iplayer before I moved away. I really miss it now.

yeah seen it often, love the line-up part where they guess who is the original of the band - preferred Mark as presenter.

but on the whole, I much prefer Have I Got News For You, as it had so many guest hosts it was always funnier! Esp Boris Johnson presenting! :up:

As much as it absolutely KILLS me to say it, Boris Johnson was a good presenter... perhaps he should have stuck to presenting and stayed out of politics :lol:

I used to find the line up bit hilarious, but that really has gotten old now and I find the names they call the people a bit desperate for a gag and/or obvious.

Did anyone see the Germaine Greer one recently? I made a point of tuning in for that; I love her :D And I seem to recall Dale Winton being on it ages ago...?

Grumpy old women is brilliant, as is grumpy old men :up:
Love love LOVE the 'christmas' episodes.

mad1, are you sure you're not english instead of irish because you seem to know ALOT of English things :D :hi5:

... and when they're moaning about the men getting shit presents :lol:

I used to like Never Mind The Buzzcocks, but lately I can't really be bothered to tune in.

In a similar vein, the BBC had another a hilarious quiz about 10 years ago. It was called If I Ruled The World and was about who could be the best politician. The episode I saw had a hilarious speech by one of the contenders (basically the lyrics of a song, but delivered as a political speech). I can't really explain, you had to see it to get it.
I just searched on YouTube, but apart from 7 short clips (of course excluding the one I was really looking for) there doesn't seem much material available.

Anyway, British comedy quizzes. :up:

yeah seen it often, love the line-up part where they guess who is the original of the band - preferred Mark as presenter.

but on the whole, I much prefer Have I Got News For You, as it had so many guest hosts it was always funnier! Esp Boris Johnson presenting! :up:

Have you ever seen Boris's dad on Have I Got News For You?! He's a slightly saner version of Boris but otherwise exactly the same. It's funny but ever so slightly creepy at the same time. (Partygirlvox- given your views on Boris you should probably exchange the words 'slightly creepy' for 'downright horrifying' ;) )

I watched this when I over in Scotland, and I loved it. Celebrities over there are far less pretentious than the ones over here. They didn't try to impress the masses with deep insights on life and the universe. They just sat back and had a laugh.

Have you ever seen Boris's dad on Have I Got News For You?! He's a slightly saner version of Boris but otherwise exactly the same. It's funny but ever so slightly creepy at the same time. (Partygirlvox- given your views on Boris you should probably exchange the words 'slightly creepy' for 'downright horrifying' ;) )

... I might make a point of youtubing that then, Quiet1 :wink:

Jeremy Clarkson got the piss taken out of him somewhat awful on Have I got News For You tonight :cute: It was fabulous :cute:

... I'm sorry I've sort of derailed this thread by mentioning have I got news for you :lol:

^ I love Ian Hislop! I did laugh at what Clarkson said about Private Eye though :reject:

do any of you actually use iplayer or do you watch primarily on tv?
The main thing I use it for is to find out the names of songs used in TV programmes!

I did try to use iPlayer to watch some Ashes To Ashes episodes that I'd missed but (and I know it's ridiculous as I'd quite happily do the same thing in front of a TV) I just couldn't sit in front my computer for a whole hour watching the show. I do use iPlayer a lot to listen to radio shows or watch snippets of shows I've already seen and thought were good but I don't watch the full shows.

Back
Top Bottom