Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:42 PM
nevermind the buzzcocks

anyone else a fan of this show?
simon amstell makes it worthwhile, though i'm not sure the point of having phill there. i don't find him all that amusing.
all the episodes are on youtube, and if you're lucky enough to live in the uk you can watch it all on bbc's iplayer. that's the best device on the internet, as far as i'm concerned. quality stuff.
i realise i don't live in the uk at the moment, but i'm fortunate enough to have my connections here in germany.
good times, guys.

YouTube - Amstell Vs Love

Old 12-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:42 AM

I'm a huge fan and it's about time they release some of this on dvd. Amstell's so much better than Lamarr.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

We watch this and QI when we can.

Do you get the BBC in Germany? Before I moved over here I saw they were talking about an international iplayer. Will be interesting to see what the craic is with that.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:14 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:42 PM
Old 12-15-2008, 09:25 AM   #5
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't like this at all anymore, just because I think it's gone on for far too long and the whole quiz show format has been done a death. We all know it's scripted, and it's hard to find it funny when all the gags have been done a million times.
I much preferred it when it was Mark Lamarr presenting (even though Simon Amstell is really funny )... but he obviously got bored of doing it, and you can tell that in his later episodes.

Nowadays, I'd rather watch QI or Have I Got News For You. But I do watch this now and again, i.e. when Amy Winehouse was on it It can totally depend on the guests, how funny it is.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:42 PM
yeah the amy whinehouse one was epic... the bit about this being less of a quiz show and more of an intervention was brilliant.

laura, my girlfriend goes to oxford (though not during this year) and through some loopholes she is able to get iplayer access here in germany.

have i got news for you and qi are also alright, but i haven't seen much of either of them.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

I usually prefer the guests on QI and Have I got News For You - and I absolutely love Stephen Fry. Although, whenever Noel Fieling's on Buzzcocks it's brilliant.
That's cool - I never use iplayer, I suppose I don't need to when I'm actually in the UK
Old 12-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I prefer Bill Bailey over Noel Fielding, actually, they should just replace Phil with Noel. The Amy Winehouse episode was brilliant, it looks like underneath the trainwreck, Winehouse seems like a nice person.

I used to be a huge fan of Have I Got News For You, but it all went downhill for me after Deayton left (apart from the Boris Johnson episode). For some reason, I've started to extremely dislike Merton and Hislop.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #9
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTeeth View Post
I prefer Bill Bailey over Noel Fielding, actually, they should just replace Phil with Noel. The Amy Winehouse episode was brilliant, it looks like underneath the trainwreck, Winehouse seems like a nice person.

I used to be a huge fan of Have I Got News For You, but it all went downhill for me after Deayton left (apart from the Boris Johnson episode). For some reason, I've started to extremely dislike Merton and Hislop.
I love Merton and Hislop, but like I said - the format is tired, the gags have been done, we've seen it all before. So I'll probably end up not liking them too. It's time they found another good show for comedians, which isn't just a way of getting their faces on the TV. It feels like that now - especially with shows like Mock the Week, which I really can't bear.
I'd way prefer it with Noel, even though I like Phil, but I think he has too much going on to do it full time. And yeah Amy Winehouse came across really well, it's a shame she's like she is at the moment because she'd be great on there more often.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirlvox View Post
I usually prefer the guests on QI and Have I got News For You - and I absolutely love Stephen Fry. Although, whenever Noel Fieling's on Buzzcocks it's brilliant.
That's cool - I never use iplayer, I suppose I don't need to when I'm actually in the UK
I watched quite a few shoes on the iplayer before I moved away. I really miss it now.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:42 AM
The Donny Tourette episode was the funniest thing I have seen all year

about as punk as Enya
Old 12-16-2008, 05:56 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
yeah seen it often, love the line-up part where they guess who is the original of the band - preferred Mark as presenter.

but on the whole, I much prefer Have I Got News For You, as it had so many guest hosts it was always funnier! Esp Boris Johnson presenting!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

As much as it absolutely KILLS me to say it, Boris Johnson was a good presenter... perhaps he should have stuck to presenting and stayed out of politics

I used to find the line up bit hilarious, but that really has gotten old now and I find the names they call the people a bit desperate for a gag and/or obvious.

Did anyone see the Germaine Greer one recently? I made a point of tuning in for that; I love her And I seem to recall Dale Winton being on it ages ago...?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:07 AM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
yea? ever see Germaine on Grumpy Old Women?

that was a good funny programme!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #15
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Grumpy old women is brilliant, as is grumpy old men
Love love LOVE the 'christmas' episodes.

Tags
nevermind the buzzcocks