Never Mind the Buzzcocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any other NMTB fans in Interference-land?

Yes!! I love it, the new series is on over here every thursday and I'm loving Noel Fielding on it, way better than Bill Bailey. Miss Simon Amstell from last season tho! :(
Ah well, I can't have everything :lol:
Didn't know Noel or the Boosh were big in America! Pretty cool!

xx

:applaud:Another Boosh & NMTB fan! The Boosh are HUGE in America. The guys made a brief visit to NY and LA and did ComicCon in San Diego in July. I met them and saw a couple of their shows. They're awesome and will be coming back again soon. I'm going over to see Noel in a solo Comedy show in Feb in Bristol, can't wait. He's genious! I love him on NMTB but I agree, I also miss Simon, he was such a funny entertaining host. Noel and Phil Jupitus get along really well and make the show fun. I fell in love with Paloma Faith when she was on the show, she's adorable. After last week's episode I'll never look at satsumas or cheese the same way ever again!

Have you seen the trailers and ads for Paul King's new film Bunny and the Bull? I wish it would open in America!

xx

Wow are they really huge? I had no idea, I've been living under a rock. That's great though!! They need to be known worldwide, they are amazing! What did you think of their show? I saw them last Jan and Sept 08, loved it! And met them at a book signing too, they were so lovely. It was only Julian and Noel tho, not the others.
Yeah, Paloma Faith is sooo good, and she always looks so great too. Haha I know, I loved the way he squashed it after the La Roux bit. She drives me mad!
Yeah, I saw the trailer for it, it looks fab!! Dunno when it's opening here though, it better be soon :D

xx

Yes the guys were amazed at the Boosh following here in America. I think they were really surprised with the crowds of fans at the Comic Con signing and Q&A. Their shows were great fun, I'd already seen the Live dvd so knew what to expect. I prefer them live! We met them outside the San Diego show then at their dvd signing in LA and later after the LA show at the Roxy. I gave Noel a scarf and he kissed my hand! They were all lovely and so gorgeous in person. Mike was so quiet but is such a great dancer. Noel has the most soulful gorgeous blue eyes and is the gentlest soul. Julian was so handsome in person. Dave is such a gentleman and Rich is crazy funny (I've been emailing with him and with Dave). I'm hoping they start work on a Live US tour which I hear should happen in 2010. They're doing some solo stuff now and the film and album are in the works. I got my Mighty Book of Boosh signed by them and can't wait to get Rich to sign my Tiny Acts of Rebellion and for the Boosh to sign my Pocket Book of Boosh. I've got all their dvds, looking forward to the Future Sailors dvd out next month!

I am REALLY looking forward to dragging a friend of mine in England to see Noel's comedy in Feb. That will be amazing from 2nd row seats!! :hyper: I actually sat on the stage at the Q&A the guys did at Amoeba Music in LA and sat on the edge of the stage at the Roxy theatre at their show that same night! Best seats in the house!! Got some amazing photos!

Lucky you to get to see Bunny & The Bull before we will in the States!

Oh my god!! You are crazy lucky. Aw they are lovely and gorgeous in person arent they? Julian was so quiet though, compared to Noel. Can't believe you got a kiss, you lucky thing, I got a hug after I gave him Haribo and then the guy at the signing told me to move on, the big meanie. He does have the loveliest blue eyes though :D
You're so lucky emailing Dave and Rich, Rich is soooo funny, I'd love to meet him. My friends have a video of dancing with him in some bar after the show we went to in Dublin.
I know, what's the story with the Boosh film? They were going on about that for ages and now there's not a lot of talk about it. Around the time they had their festival everyone was on about it. I think U2 asked them could they headline their festival but they said no cos they'd upstage them :lol:
Ooh, when you go to England, go to Camden. It is amazing!! Everyone is Boosh mad. :D

xx

Yes, Julian is quiet compared to Noel. And those blue eyes just drink you in. He was amazing. It's sad how quickly they seem to push you past those signings though. But the guys are so accomodating. I think it's so great that they do the after show parties and that they are so nice and gracious with fans when they run into them while out and about. As for the film, I think part of the US trip was to meet with movie people and they did a whirlwind tour of meetings, appearances and PR in addition to the shows, that's for sure. They are working on it. It's tough when juggling so many projects to have everything come together at once. Some projects take a lot longer than others.

I don't know how much time (or money) I will have when I go back to England, but I would definitely love to visit Camden. I have a girlfriend who is moving there to teach English at a new school and she wants to live in Camden. She met some cool people while hanging out there and at the Hawley. I am so jealous! I would love to live there as well!

Yeah they are so lovely, the signing was the morning after the show last sept so I was chatting about the show to Noel when the security guy was trying to move me along but Noel was so nice about it, he was just like, "oh sorry about him". Haha!
Oh well that's great news about the film! Cos there's been so much stuff about them splitting over here in the papers so glad that's not gonna happen and they're just doing their solo bits.
Camden is bloody amazing, I loved it. And it's only like 10 mins on the tube from London central if you are heading about London that is. And the people are so great there. We went to the Boogaloo out in Highgate a bit outside Camden, dunno if you've heard of it, but Dave and Noel DJ there all the time. It was great!!

xx

Thanks for the tips about the Boogaloo, I will have to check it out. I am hoping that during my stay I'll get to see more than just Noel's gig. I'd love to catch another DJ set, they all have great taste in music too. Dave and Mike are great DJs. So we'll see! I'm getting so excited, I just got a new pair of boots and am waiting for a new long coat I ordered for the trip. Won't be long before I can book my flight! If I was coming out Dublin way again I'd look you up to buy you a pint to say thanks for sharing all this Boosh goodness with me!

I'm so excited that U2 will be filming at the Rose Bowl show 25th October and covering the show Live on You Tube!!! :applaud:

Definitely check out the Boogaloo, if you have time, but turn up later cos it's pretty boring before about 9ish, haha.
They really do have great taste in music, I'd love to see them do another DJ set. I'm sure you'll be able to catch more than just the gig, last time I was in Camden there were signs up everywhere about stuff Noel was doing around Camden just in that week. He does loads! Oh, and in Soho, there's a cafe called Maison Bertaux and Noel has written stuff all over the walls in there, cos he had an art exhibition a while ago in there but the guy that owns it never painted over the stuff he'd written. It's pretty cool!!
Ooh what are the boots like? I'd love to blow a load of money on myself, I need new clothes!
Aw maybe one day you'll end up in Dublin and we'll definitely have to have a pint!
I know, I have it the Rose Bowl show marked in the calendar on my phone so I don't forget, I can't wait :D

xx

Thanks for all the info about Camden! I'll def make note. I may get to extend my trip an extra couple days since a girlfriend is in process of getting her visa and making plans to move to London to take a new job. She wants to live in Camden so that would be perfect! I'd love to own a piece of Noel's artwork, it's so fantastical. I've seen the pics of the showing at Maison Bertaux including his writing on the walls. What a genious idea! Glad they kept it-what a tourist attraction anyway! I thought I read something recently he was doing another showing at Croydon?I think that's what I read but then isn't that where he and Dave Brown went to university/art school?

I know what you mean about blowing money on clothes and stuff! I'm right good at that! My boots are these:
BOOT.jpg

Someday I will make it back to Dublin. Meanwhile if you find yourself in Southern California please look me up!!

Oh my god, living in Camden would be amazing! Me and my best friend were dreaming of moving there a while ago, we had a bit of a nosey around some housing estates, haha. Looks like a nice place to live though!
I know, I bet it's a major tourist attraction now, it took a while to find it though, maybe that's just me and my crappy sense of direction. And it's sooo expensive, but worth it. Oh is he really? I'd love to see an exhibition of his, cos I only saw what they hadn't taken down, not the whole lot or anything. I think Croydon is where they went to uni, yeah. I remember seeing an old pic of them graduating a while ago, they looked so cute!!
Those boots are gorgeous! I'm obsessed with boots, and now this talk of them is gonna make me buy another pair :D There's a shop in Dublin city that's so cheap but the clothes are great, I'm addicted to it. Plus they've got a whole section with just xmas decorations, I'm gonna go mad! Everytime I see it, I want to buy something, everything is so glittery! :lol:
I've been wanting to go to California for aaages, maybe soon! Will definitely look you up whenever I manage to get there :D

xx

I hope this week's episode hits You Tube any moment now! Wish I could be at the Bunny & the Bull Premier in LDN tomorrow night. Poor Dave Brown's not going to make it as he just had hernia operation poor guy. I could watch Noel and Mike doing their Jagger dance for hours. Genious! :heart:

I know, I havent heard anything about it in Dublin yet though! Fingers crossed it actually shows here! And the Jagger dance is pretty mesmorising :love:

Dave said on Twitter all the guys are going to try to make as many of the signings as possible.

I'm so excited, we booked hotel this w/e for our Bristol weekend in Feb! Noel Fielding, here we come!! Hoping there will be an after show DJ party at one of the bars there as well!

Woo hopefully they'll be here then! Will really have to keep an eye out, I miss everything like this :lol:
You're so lucky to be going, ooh yeah I bet there will be an aftershow party, Bristol is a pretty funky place :D
Apparently they're supposed to be getting some award at my college this yr for contribution to entertainment, I can't see it happening anytime soon with all the other stuff that's going on with them, but maybe some day!

The one Amy winehouse is brilliant. Simon messes with her the whole time. Its funny as hell ( wait, is hell funny?)
But he shouldnt be mean to my future wife/trainwreck.

DMP you're funny!

I do miss Simon on Buzzcocks, he was so brilliant as host.

I am sitting here numb and rather gutted at the news today Noel Fielding's Comedy Tour has been cancelled! Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom