Natasha Richardson critically injured in skiing accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
MONTREAL — Published reports say Tony-award-winning actress Natasha Richardson was taken to a Montreal hospital after suffering head injuries during a skiing accident on Monday.

IrishCentral.com and People.com report Richardson, the daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave and wife of Liam Neeson, was in critical condition with a traumatic brain injury.

People reported the 45-year-old British actress was first brought to Centre Hospitalier Laurentien near Mont Tremblant, a busy ski area in the Laurentian Mountains north of Montreal.

Reports say she was then transferred to Montreal's Sacre Coeur hospital.

The Canadian Press was told initially that someone with the same name as Richardson was registered at Sacre Coeur, but employees later said they had no records of a Natasha Richardson at the hospital.

A representative for Neeson said he had no information on the reports, and agents for both Richardson and Redgrave could not immediately be reached for comment.

Richardson, an acclaimed actress of both screen and stage, was born in London to Redgrave and British director Tony Richardson.

Her training at London's Central School of Speech and Drama initially led to a career in regional theatre, then later to film and television roles.

Richardson won a Tony award in 1998 for her turn in "Cabaret." Film credits include "The Parent Trap," "The Handmaid's Tale" and "Evening."

Richardson and Redgrave are reportedly slated to star in a 2010 Broadway revival of Stephen Sondheim's "A Little Night Music."

Richardson has been married to "Schindler's List" star Neeson since 1994. The couple have two sons.

Neeson was reportedly in Toronto at the time of Richardson's accident filming the movie "Chloe" with Julianne Moore.

AccessHollywood.com quoted an official with the movie as saying Neeson left Toronto to be at his wife's side.

link

So horrible. :sad: I read on Twitter that she's actually passed away - not sure if that's true or not, but it's so tragic.

I read the same :(

Apparently she felt fine after the accident, but later complained of a headache. So scary.

This is a terrible story, but it's also rather odd too. I've read that she fell during a lesson on a beginner trail - no mention of hitting a tree/lift tower/another skier which would be the typical cause of severe head injury. I would also assume that speed wasn't a factor either. Regardless, very sad.

This is a terrible story, but it's also rather odd too. I've read that she fell during a lesson on a beginner trail - no mention of hitting a tree/lift tower/another skier which would be the typical cause of severe head injury. I would also assume that speed wasn't a factor either. Regardless, very sad.

it doesn't make sense to me at all, at least with the details we've been given. she may have had a preexisting condition that had not been diagnosed?

:sad:

According to a report on Yahoo:

MONTREAL – Actress Natasha Richardson, critically injured in a skiing accident, was on a flight to the United States, Britain's Press Association news agency said Tuesday, quoting Sacre-Coeur Hospital.

The report didn't say where in the U.S. the flight was headed.

"According to the family's press agent, the lady has left Canada around 12:30 today," said Michelle Simard of the Sacre-Coeur hospital in a recorded message. "We have no information on Ms. Richardson's health condition, but the family should give more information by tomorrow."

If she's truly being transferred to a hospital in New York, I would be shocked if she is brain dead. It would be a gross misallocation of resources to transfer a brain dead patient to another facility - let alone one hundred of miles away - it just would not make sense.

If she's truly being transferred to a hospital in New York, I would be shocked if she is brain dead. It would be a gross misallocation of resources to transfer a brain dead patient to another facility - let alone one hundred of miles away - it just would not make sense.

I certainly hope this is a positive sign. 45 is so young (especially since I'm the same age!), plus she has young children.

Natasha Richardson -- Life Support Plug Pulled
Posted Mar 18th 2009 2:03PM by TMZ Staff

Natasha Richardson has been taken off life support, according to NYC legendary columnist, Liz Smith.

Smith has extremely close ties to the whole Broadway scene and is certainly in a position to know. Smith says as of 1:30 PM ET today, Natasha was taken off life support.

Natasha Richardson -- Life Support Plug Pulled - TMZ.com

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

what a tragedy for the entire family....

very sad indeed, she was on the beginner slope, too.

I stopped skiing when I was in my 20s

I stopped riding a Harley when I was in my 30s

our balance and agility is diminished, the older we get.

there are other activities that give me a rush,
that have a lot less risk.

Back
Top Bottom