Natasha Richardson critically injured in skiing accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow....I just can't believe this. I've been a huge fan of Liam's work since Schindler's List. It just seemed natural to follow her career as well. My friend texted me at work tonight to tell me the news. I was thinking about her all day long hoping I'd find positive news when I got home from work. I feel so bad for her family. :sad:

:sad: this is so awful. Natasha seemed like a lovely warm woman&this is such a terrible thing to happen :sad: poor woman and my heart goes out to her whole family, and Liam Neeson.

The New York City medical examiner has made a ruling on what exactly killed Natasha Richardson.

Following an autopsy this morning, the agency determined that the Tony Award-winning actress succumbed to an "epidural hematoma due to blunt impact to the head." The death was ruled an accident, said medical examiner spokeswoman Ellen Borakove.

Resulting from head trauma, an epidural hematoma is a buildup of blood in the skull that exerts pressure on the brain and can trigger coma or, in Richardson's case, death.

RIP, I just hope that Neeson and the rest of her family will be given solace, this is none of the public's business, and he needs his privacy. But talk about a comedown, his biggest year as an actor just beginning, and now this, life sure throws you some curves sometimes, but my heart goes out to all of them.

I wonder if this injury/death could have been prevented if she had been wearing protective head gear, i.e. a helmet?

Maybe, but it's also scary how long it took to get her to a trauma center, even after it was realized she was in serious trouble.

Doctor: Lack of medical helicopter cost actress - MSN Movies News

While Richardson's initial refusal of medical treatment cost her two hours, she also had to be driven to two hospitals. She didn't arrive at a specialized hospital in Montreal until about four hours after the second 911 call from her hotel room at the Mont Tremblant resort, according to a timeline published by Canada's The Globe and Mail newspaper.

I don't think there's been a celebrity death in a long time that's affected me like this one. I still can't believe she's gone. :tsk: I've spent hours online, mainly you tube, watching interviews with her. So full of life and so full of love for her husband and kids.

It's hard to believe that such a mild accident could cause death. I remember one time I slipped on some dew covered grass. I didn't fall but sat down quite heavily. Within minutes I was passing out and my son ran to get a neighbor. I kept saying, there isn't anything wrong with me, no need to go to the emergency room..etc. then I got disoriented, and sick - but still didn't think I should go to the hospital. The paramedics said my pupils were irregular and I had a concussion. They kept me overnight.
Just from slipping on the grass I shook up my brain enough to require medical attention. Thankfully the paramedics made the call, and I listened.
This is a truly sad situation, and hard to comprehend.:heart:

it is hard to believe that people are so over analyzing this sad accident.

how many people die on ski slopes every year?

how many people die from head injuries like this every year?
on athletic fields. in showers, tubs, biking and skating accidents?

Sonny Bono, Cher's first husband died in a skiing accident.

Well, if anything it has hopefully made people more aware of this type of injury and to maybe heed the advice of seeking medical attention. I am a skiier...a very intermediate skiier...I am sure she was totally emabarrased by her fall, and wanted to just brush it off as she was ok so she could not make a big deal of it...I would have done the same thing, and probably , many others would also...it will hopefully make me think twice to get the injury looked after if I ever find myself in a similar situation.

Well, if anything it has hopefully made people more aware of this type of injury and to maybe heed the advice of seeking medical attention

I saw this story on GMA this morning-this girl also had an epidural hematoma

Coverage of Natasha Richardson's Death Saves a Little Girl - ABC News

Everyone should seek prompt medical attention for head traumas of any sort.

Natasha was beautiful and it sounds like she was on the inside as well. Her family also donated some of her organs.

That is wonderful to hear some of her organs were donated. I hope the recovery teams didn't hover and pressure the family like they did ours when my father lay waiting for us to decide to pull his plug. That was really stressful and emotional seeing the various teams hovering and pacing the hallway.

My aging mother had another fall last week and according to her neighbor who called me, had a knot on the back of her head. My mother has refused medical treatment and I was so upset with her about it, I even mentioned Natasha Richardson saying to my mother that look what happened to her! If I lived closer to my mother I would have forced her to go get checked out. As it is now I have been in touch with her Dr and am going to visit in a couple weeks to get my mom checked out. Head injuries are nothing to be taken lightly.

Back
Top Bottom