Natasha Richardson critically injured in skiing accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They mentioned nothing about life support just thats she is in very grave conditon at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC..How horrible :(

:(
There were so many conflicting reports........
So incredibly sad for her family and what a wonderful talent everyone lost.

My guess is that she was probably brain dead in Canada, but she was flown back home to NY for her family/friends to say goodbye, etc. I don't see any news sites saying they pulled the plug, except that Liz Smith reported it. One site had a picture of Lauren Bacall coming to the hospital. Just a very sad situation :(

that really sucks. I don't know anything about the situation but to me it felt kind of quick to just take her off life support... I have no idea how brain injuries work though...

Didn't you watch ER last week? Dr. Ross showed the grandmother (Susan Sarandon) an X-Ray of a normal functioning brain, and then one of a brain dead patient. There's no recovery once you are diagnosed as brain-dead.

Personally, I wouldn't mind it if a hundred New Yorkers just happened to show up outside the hospital and proceed to beat the living shit out of the media gathered there. Go for anyone in a TMZ t-shirt first.

Personally, I wouldn't mind it if a hundred New Yorkers just happened to show up outside the hospital and proceed to beat the living shit out of the media gathered there. Go for anyone in a TMZ t-shirt first.

:up:

That website represents the very worst of our society. To be up in the face of a woman whose daughter was going to die later in the day just to get her photo is stunning.

Total bottom feeders. Then again, how many people sit their ass on TMZ all day long? So whose fault is it?

How sad. I feel so sorry for her family.

May she rest in peace.

RIP Natasha, what a loss of a great talent. I feel for her family, ours had to make the same decision to remove my father from life support when he was brain dead. It's a horrible experience, one you don't fully recover from. Those poor boys are so young to lose their mother. My thoughts are with the entire family.

that really sucks. I don't know anything about the situation but to me it felt kind of quick to just take her off life support... I have no idea how brain injuries work though...

If the EEG shows that there is no higher brain function then there's no reason to keep the body on life support. There will never be a recovery of essential functions, let alone those that make us human.

This whole situation just makes me very sad. I've been thinking about the number of times I've seen/read about her family members acting out what's just happened. Liam in Love Actually after losing his wife, Joely in The Patriot taking care of her sister's children and her mother's recent play where she plays a mother who lost her daughter.

I feel for her family, ours had to make the same decision to remove my father from life support when he was brain dead. It's a horrible experience, one you don't fully recover from.

i am so sorry to hear about your father. :hug:

this story is just so sad, but it appears that her life- though short- was full of love. Rest in peace....

Heart-breaking. I don't know much of her work, aside from The Parent Trap, which I loved growing up, but she was someone's wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend and she was taken from them too soon.:sad: My prayers are with the Richardsons/Neesons/Redgraves etc.:pray:

Heart-breaking. I don't know much of her work, aside from The Parent Trap, which I loved growing up, but she was someone's wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend and she was taken from them too soon.:sad: My prayers are with the Richardsons/Neesons/Redgraves etc.:pray:

Well said

:sad:

Back
Top Bottom