Name the movie you just bought!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Billy Wilder Boxset Vol. 2 - The Apartment, The Seven Year Itch, The Fortune Cookie, Witness for the Prosecution, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes

:love:

Was only £7.97 from Amazon.co.uk too. Also got The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (£3.99) and Serenity (£2.99).

Prince - Sign O' The Times
Standing In The Shadows Of Motown (2 DVD edition)

I've only watched Sign O' The Times and that's a great concert movie. Well, being directed by Prince, it's a bit more staged (i.e. with some interludes and a thin storyline). But the performances are great (and apparently filmed mostly in Rotterdam!).

King Arthur (2004)
Marie Antoinette (2006)

I don't know why I got Marie Antoinette. I like it, but at the same time, I thought it could've been better. Usually I buy movies I thought were really good.

Just bought a bunch of movies:

No Country for Old Men
There Will be Blood
The Bourne Trilogy
The Condemned
Zoolander
Gangs of New York
The Departed

:)

:heart: ... even though Ian Curtis doesn't come across as great :ohmy:

Spider, I've no idea what it's about but Ralph Fiennes & Miranda Richardson star so it'll almost certainly be amazing.

Picked up The Aviator for about 5 bucks. Awesome deal.

I need to buy Mean Streets, After Hours, and Taxi Driver and my "essential" Scorsese collection will be complete. The Last Temptation of Christ may be added to that, but it's a Criterion and I don't think I'd watch it all that much.

Supernatural - Season 3 :drool:

Pushing Daisies - season 1
The Fall
Heroes - Season 2

Oh and that U2 In Concert (Rockpalast) DVD

The Times gave away an old Hitchcock film a day a couple of weeks ago, so:
The 39 Steps
The Man Who Knew Too Much
Sabotage (haven't seen this one before)
Jamaica Inn
Young and Innocent
The Lady Vanishes
Secret Agent

Also found a new magazine collection based on classic westerns. Got The Magnificent Seven, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and The Big Country for dirt cheap so far.

*pelvis thrust*

Today:

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later

In the past month or two:

Fargo
Hot Rod
Bottle Rocket
Dawn of the Dead

I like to mix every good movie I buy with something ridiculous yet entertaining....or I have really spotty taste.... One of those.

Today:

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later

In the past month or two:

Fargo
Hot Rod
Bottle Rocket
Dawn of the Dead

I like to mix every good movie I buy with something ridiculous yet entertaining....or I have really spotty taste.... One of those.

Fargo, Hot Rod, and Bottle Rocket are all winners for me... haven't seen the other ones though - I'd like to.

Picked up that nifty 3-Disc edition of Panic Room today. Haven't seen it yet, but it was only $2.50, so it was entirely worth it.

I can't think of a whole lot of movies to have more inexplicable three disc treatments. The only bonus feature I could think of as worthwhile would be a documentary about how Kristin Stewart became so hot.

I can't think of a whole lot of movies to have more inexplicable three disc treatments. The only bonus feature I could think of as worthwhile would be a documentary about how Kristin Stewart became so hot.

Going from looking like a boy to a close to instant Boner Machine is a feat in and of itself. It literally goes through the entire production process, one for each disc.

Fincher's special editions for Fight Club and Se7en are beyond fantastic, but they were also a part of the New Line Platinum Series.

I don't know how good the Director's Cut of Zodiac is compared to the first release, but it has to be a step up from the barebones treatment.

That Fight Club DVD may be the best thing ever released, considering packaging, menu design, and content.

Hidden merchandising catalog FTW.

Fuck yes. It was re-released in that tin set with the same material, but the original packaging is far superior.

And it's 20 dollars less than your standard Criterion. Holla.

I have a friend who has the Laser Disc special eddition of Se7en, John Doe's notebooks are unreal.

Nice!

I just opened my copy of Se7en only to find that the disc with the movie is gone and nowhere to be found, so I guess I'll be buying that again...

Picked up The Assassination of Jesse James..., Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, The Fountain, Persepolis, and that nifty Spider-Man 2.1 DVD for $20 today.

I think you'll love Jesse James. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead and The Fountain are on my queue waiting to be watched. And I adore Persepolis.

Good haul.

I think you'll love Jesse James. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead and The Fountain are on my queue waiting to be watched. And I adore Persepolis.

Good haul.

Thank ya, sir. I saw The Fountain in theaters and absolutely adored it, haven't seen it since.

Looking forward to the other ones... and if I don't, I can always trade them into Moviestop or something and lose $1 at the most.

American Psycho, A Bridge Too Far, Burn After Reading, and Hoosiers for 10 bucks? Fucking nifty. And there goes the rest of my money.

I gave Hoosiers to my pop, but the other three for that price is insane... especially Burn.

Evil Dead II: The Book of the Dead Edition, Rushmore (Criterion), Dog Day Afternoon, Army of Darkness: Director's Cut, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the 2-pack of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 for like 45 bucks this past week.

I traded in my older copies of the Ghostbusters movies and Rushmore for the upgrades, so that lowered the overall price a bit. The Director's Cut of Army of Darkness has a terrible transfer and removed some of my favorite one-liners, but I still prefer this cut over the theatrical version (more shenanigans with the Little Ashs, longer battle sequence, and the original/better ending make up for it).

Back
Top Bottom