Mystery Science Theater 3000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Is anyone else a fan of this amazing show??? They just posted select episodes on Hulu...woohoo!!!! :applaud:

"In the not too distant future, next Sunday AD......" :lol:

I FREAKIN' LOVE MST3K.

The Joel episodes anyway.... just couldn't ever feel the love for Mike. :shrug: This reminds me - I need to put the MST3K box set on my list for Santa. :hmm: :D

Wow, I never thought I'd see a MST3k thread here. It is one of the best and most underrated shows ever. The quotation in my location is actually from it. :up:

This thread needs video! :wink:

Oh, the Stanley Cup has invaded Earth!
YouTube - MST3K - Favorite Moments - Prince of Space

This is absolutely fascinating...
YouTube - MST3K - Favorite Moments - Werewolf

You can't pay the rent doing August Wilson plays.
YouTube - Best of MST3K - City Limits

They'll die in the vacuum, they'll burn on reentry...
YouTube - Best of MST3K - Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Manos, The Hands of Fate!

That episode is so popular, but I just couldn't love it. In spite of a fantastic riff track, the movie was just TOO dull.

My favorite episode is "Santa vs. Satan" or whatever the name of that one is with the little demon that tries to destroy Christmas. In fact, it's just about time to watch it, isn't it! :hyper:

My favourite has to be Mitchell. Joel's last :)sad:) and one of the few times they didn't do a sci-fi movie. Joe Don Baker got so mad, he threatened to beat up the guys. I've seen Manos, I've seen The Movie, but Mitchell is my favourite. Also, bonus Merlin Olsen and (possibly uncredited) Larry Miller.

Used to love MST3K!

We watched it on the original local UHF broadcast in Minneapolis--nothing like adjusting the circular antenna so that you can tell the difference between Tom Servo's and Crow's silhouettes.

What was the awful airplane disaster movie with Bert Convey?
--"Why don't you go do some wing-walkin' Bert!"
--"The plane's seal has burst!"--seal animal noises--"Orr! Orr! Orr! Orr!"

Great stuff!

this show is great. lol. remember that awful movie with the little kid and the elf like alien? lol. trumpy,lol

this show is great. lol. remember that awful movie with the little kid and the elf like alien? lol. trumpy,lol

:crazy:

Ugh. That one is SO creepy and disturbing.

If anyone likes MST3K, try to find "It Came From Hollywood" with John Candy, Dan Aykroyd, Gilda Radner, Cheech & Chong, etc. from 1982. Very funny movie with these actors laughing and commenting on crappy Hollywood movies--mostly bad monster and horror ones.

It Came from Hollywood (1982)

my favorite show ever! most of my friends don't get it though, I guess it takes a certain sense of humor to find it funny.
My husband could never stand it because he found Joel/Mike & the 'bots talking over the movie dialogue so disruptive. Plus, he didn't get a lot of the random references. :doh: My brother & I on the other hand, used to watch episodes religiously. When he was still stationed Stateside & the show was airing on Comedy Central, he would call me & we'd watch them together while on the phone with each other. :heart:

The show was by and for my generation. We grew up on those movies and lived the references. I'm kinda glad the show ended when it did because that's about the time I tuned out of pop culture so newer references would have flown right over my noggin.

Got every show released on DVD.

I was never able to properly follow this show, as it was a little bit before my time, but I adore every moment of it that I've seen. Best concept ever.

Back
Top Bottom